Joe Biden lied about academic record. You dont want a liar for President... DO YOU?

eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:20 am
@McGentrix,
Show me where his supporters have called you a disease, a filthy pestilence that would make your skin crawl.

You don't hear ''Lock them up'' at Biden rallies, you don't hear Biden telling his supporters to attack the media.

I don't know about you McG but I for one am sick of all this horrible back and forth.
It's tearing your country apart.
McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:24 am
@eurocelticyankee,
You must have a lot people ignored then. I have been called far worse.
eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:31 am
@McGentrix,
Well I'm sorry to hear that McG.

Like I said I'm sick of the whole thing.

My point still stands though, Pre-Trump I don't remember any Presidential candidates calling for their opponent to be locked up nor do I remember any candidate urging his supporters to attack the media.

This guy has brought us all down to a whole new level, sad really.
McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:38 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Pre-Trump? Did you sleep through GW Bush's administration? That was when the Media decided they should start reporting opinions over news. The media has become, basically, an enemy of the state.

Today, the media is certainly no friend to the administration. Even you can see that I am sure. There was a time when the media reported the news. That time is over it seems.

I ask you, what US news source do you trust to actually tell you the news?
eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:48 am
@McGentrix,
I don't need the media to tell me what to think, I have eyes and ears.

Bush was attacked not only by the media but by millions worldwide for his illegal war on Iraq which he and his cohorts lied America into, remember?.
Plus it didn't help that he was illiterate.

Same with Trump, most of us don't need the media to show us what a crass, nasty, lying, cowardly human being he is.
It's there to see no matter what media channel you watch.
For instance his pathetic performance in Helsinki was there for all to see whether you watched Fox or CNN. etc etc.
hightor

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:49 am
@Glennn,
Quote:

You said that I would deny being a Trump supporter.

Yes. And you did. End of discussion.
Quote:
I asked you why, and your reply is: who cares?

I'm not here to speculate why you do or don't support Trump, Biden, or anyone else. I don't care, and I doubt anyone else does. You are the one who brought up Trump, not I, other than mentioning Biden correctly predicting that Donald would say something about postponing the election — that was to demonstrate that the guy can still come up with a lucid thought. Since the two of them are in a contest it's not surprising that either name gets mentioned. Especially when chronic lying is part of the discussion, as is unwanted physical contact.
hightor

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:50 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
But, you will rarely see me go on an anti-trump thread and start on about about how Biden is the devil incarnate, compare his supporters to Nazi's (Which I would never do...)and bitch endlessly about it.

Well, with regard to Trump on this thread, I haven't done anything like that. I've touched on the Trump campaign tangentially but I really haven't said that much about Trump or his supporters.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 09:56 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Bush was attacked not only by the media but by millions worldwide for his illegal war on Iraq which he and his cohorts lied America into, remember?.

Same with Trump, most of us don't need the media to show us what a crass, nasty, lying, cowardly human being he is.
For instance his pathetic performance in Helsinki was there for all to see whether you watched Fox or CNN. etc etc.

See, lots of opinion there. He's not even your leader.
eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 10:11 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

See, lots of opinion there. He's not even your leader.

What kind of an answer is that?.

You've basically ignored everything I've said.

Answer me this if you would.

Q. Do you remember Pre-Trump any Presidential candidate calling for their opponent to be locked up, inciting violence and hatred the way Trump has.

By the way I'm American too. But you know what at this stage that's neither here nor there because Trump is a threat to us all.

Another question I've asked you before and again you didn't answer me.

Q. Why is Trump so eager to see the break up of the EU.

Mcg wrote
Quote:

I was polite enough to answer your question. It would be nice of you to reciprocate.

McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 11:14 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Mcg wrote
Quote:

I was polite enough to answer your question. It would be nice of you to reciprocate.

Quote:

This was your answer?! I thought you just blew it off because that is not an aswer.
eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 11:26 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

This was your answer?! I thought you just blew it off because that is not an aswer.
Are you blind or just ignoring the rest of what I wrote.

Here it is again so you can ignore it again.

You asked me,
Quote:

I replied,

Now how's about answering my questions.

Q. Do you remember Pre-Trump any Presidential candidate calling for their opponent to be locked up, inciting violence and hatred the way Trump has.

McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 11:30 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Do you remember a Presidential candidate that had been illegally spied upon and had reckless impeachment hearings because the other side lost the election? Do you remember a presidential candidate where the media hatred showed a 92% negative news coverage of his Presidency?

eurocelticyankee wrote:

Because Trump is America first. He leads the US, not Europe. A decentralized Europe opens more opportunities for American interests. Also, NATO was setup with specific requirements. Many or the European countries that signed on have not lived up to their responsibilities. Do you think so many social programs would exist in Europe if they did not live under America's security blanket?

0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 11:32 am
@eurocelticyankee,
That was not an answer from you. That was a dodge.

Is your answer "none" then?
eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 11:52 am
@McGentrix,
My answer was it doesn't matter what media you watch.

Trump comes across as Trump no matter what channel you're watching him on.

Were you proud of his performance in Helsinki, are you proud of him calling for his political opponent to be locked up.

McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 12:06 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
You're talking about the Putin thing...

Quote:
Vice Pres. Pence praises the Trump-Putin summit: "Disagreements between our countries were discussed at length, but what the world saw, what the American people saw, is that Pres. Donald Trump will always put the prosperity and security of America first."

You see that as a bad thing, I don't. We have different opinions on it.

I have long thought Hillary should have been locked up for Vincent Foster's murder.
McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 12:08 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

My answer was it doesn't matter what media you watch.

That wasn't my question though, was it? I asked which US media source you trusted as that was the conversation at the time.

So, without dodging any longer and "none" is a fine answer answer...

Which US media sources do you trust?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 12:12 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
What are your thoughts on the thumbs up/down thing happening in our conversation?

I think it is a good conversation, but others do not. I mean at least my side...
eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 12:31 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't know McG there's good and bad to the thumbs, all I can say is I have never voted you down.

Quote:
Which US media sources do you trust?

Trust doesn't come into it for me.

We're all accessing news constantly from numerous sources, sooo many sources and it's up to each of us to take from them what we will.

Disheartened about your views on the EU, this affects me directly.
I believe very much in the EU if for nothing else the peace it's brought.
I am no lover of nationalism, I find it divisive and hypocritical.
On one hand you have nationalists saying America first while at the same time calling their fellow Americans *%$£ etc etc.
Not just America, nationalism is the same the world over.

But if you believe America first and **** the rest of the world well then Trump's your man alright.

McGentrix

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 12:37 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I shared what I perceive to be Trumps views on Europe. Isn't that what you asked for?

I am having a real hard keeping up with continued movement of the goalposts here. You asked me a question I answered it, not to your full contentment so I elaborated and now you are "Disheartened about your views on the EU"... They aren't MY views, you didn't ask me about MY views. You asked me about Trumps views.

eurocelticyankee

Thu 6 Aug, 2020 12:42 pm
@McGentrix,
Oh fair enough, point taken.

I'm disheartened about Trumps views on the EU.

I'm also disheartened that anybody would vote for him considering his views on the EU.