Biden cries during the VP debate.

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:08 pm
I was taken back by Joe Biden weeping during the debate.

I realize he has strong obligations to his family but I saw it as weak and actually breaking down possibly under the stress of the debate. I consider that moment an indication that Biden is unfit to lead in a crisis situation. Sarah Palin (accused by the left of being unfit to lead because she is a mother) could have taken a moment to weep about the dems trying to disgrace her back in her home state or that she has a child with special needs and a son shipping off to war, but she kept her composure. I expected the same of Biden. I was troubled by Biden's "performance" to say the least.

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:18 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I was taken back by Joe Biden weeping during the debate.

I realize he has strong obligations to his family but I saw it as weak and actually breaking down possibly under the stress of the debate. I consider that moment an indication that Biden is unfit to lead in a crisis situation.

weeks go by and now you bring it up?

yeah, yer right. a guy remembers how it was when he lost his wife and daughter, saw that he might lose his sons. and then he chokes up a little.

what a pussy.

what's really troubling is that you think that's weak behavior.

what kind of person does that make you?

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:24 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Quote:
weeks go by and now you bring it up?

yeah, yer right. a guy remembers how it was when he lost his wife and daughter, saw that he might lose his sons. and then he chokes up a little.

what a pussy.

what's really troubling is that you think that's weak behavior.

what kind of person does that make you?

So you feel crying over personal problems in a vice presidential debate is a show of strength? What if Sarah Palin has shown a few tears? Wouldn't the dems have had a heyday on that?
Would her emotions have been respected then?

You epitomize the double standard and exactly why the American people will never be treated ethically and fair by a "democratically" led administration.
High Seas

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:29 pm
@RexRed,
Who cares if he cries during the debate - as long as he cries on election night.
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:41 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
Who cares if he cries during the debate - as long as he cries on election night.

I am more concerned about him crying in the midst of a crisis. If he can't handle a little debate how will he handle a war?
High Seas

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:55 pm
@RexRed,
But that implies a hypothetical statement that he and Obama will win the election. Let's hope they'll lose, so we don't have to worry how they'll handle any wars. Be positive, man!
JTT

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:04 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
Let's hope they'll lose, so we don't have to worry how they'll handle any wars.

Are you daft, HighSeas? You HAVE to be. You'd rather have a new group of incompetent conservatives ready to illegally invade another country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:08 pm
@JTT,
JTT, Take a gander at this link: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/opinion/10brooks.html?em&exprod=myyahoo

The republicans have become extremists serving joe sixpack.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 05:16 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

So you feel crying over personal problems in a vice presidential debate is a show of strength? What if Sarah Palin has shown a few tears? Wouldn't the dems have had a heyday on that?
Would her emotions have been respected then?

You epitomize the double standard and exactly why the American people will never be treated ethically and fair by a "democratically" led administration.

a) didn't cry. choked up a little. that's all.

b) the comparison to palin is bogus. she hasn't had a similar experience.

here's a couple of your guys showing that macho thing you like.

i'm not real interested in pursuing this with you. it's really another non-issue.

i mean, it's not like anything anybody says will have you running to vote for a democrat.

but you should at least be honest with yourself. put yourself in biden's place.

your young wife that you loved, along with a young daughter were killed in a car wreck. your 2 young sons were also severely injured and it's unclear if they will survive.

is that really a thing that you could ever relive and not be effected ?

meanwhile, the guys above are turning to water over friggin' politics... and that's okay?

wow.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 05:40 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Shows again and again that conservatives don't remember history. That first link on senior Bush crying because Jeb lost the election was a perfect kick in the teeth for these bozos who jump right in without looking that the water is shallow.
JustBrooke

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:11 pm
Good grief. You have GOT to be kidding! Since when is getting choked up over the death of loved ones, a sign of weakness?

If this just doesn't freakin' beat all. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:13 pm
@JustBrooke,
Conservatives have no heart. They try to turn everything into politics, but they usually backfire on them.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:17 pm
@RexRed,
He was just exploring his feminine side....like when you bite the pillow...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:22 pm
@RexRed,
I noticed that too.
I remember the end of Edmund Muskie 's career when HE cried
during a speech. It was taken as shockingly weak.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:24 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:

Who cares if he cries during the debate -
as long as he cries on election night.

Well, it was taken as betokening weakness
when Ed Muskie did it, resulting in the end of his career.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Says the wuss who feels naked without a revolver.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:28 pm
@JTT,
JTT:
What do u MEAN
". . . a new group of incompetent conservatives
ready to illegally invade another country. "
WHAT law was broken by any conservative invasion ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:31 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Quote:
i mean, it's not like anything anybody says
will have you running to vote for a democrat

If u had nominated Democratic Rep. John Dingell,
I 'd have voted for HIM
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That first link on senior Bush crying

Then vote against HIM, next chance u get.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:34 pm
Now how does a REAL man handle the situation? Let's say the wife who stuck with him for three years when he was a POW is disfigured in a car crash. The REAL man divorces her because "she's changed" and marries a beautiful playgirl instead. Like John McCain did. Now that, my friends, is real character. Or maybe the REAL man serves divorce papers on his wife while she's undergoing treatment for cancer. Like that real hero Newt Gingrich. They're just the sort of stalwart Republican men with true character we need in the White House. For those in the a2k community who are sarcasm-challenged, you know who you are, that was sarcasm.