Colin Powell: Trump 'lies all the time'

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:28 pm
@livinglava,
No, you faild to read my opinion that I blame him for much of the runnup to the Iraq war because, at that time he , by letting Darth Cheney manipulate him he aw the errors of his ways and did sveral years of mea culpa. I dont absolve him but I think I could forgive him.
Lincoln was kind of a doofus in military strategy and wanted to be part of it during the Civil war. He was an idiot to think he was up there with winning battles, but he was still a great president. Even though his idea od "freeing the slaves" was to ahve thm locate to areas away from whites or move back to Africa. SO all our leaders have a few things wrong with thir regimes. Its not till this fully symmetrically doofisticated douche bag of a president we have now has given a new depth of meaning to "moron"
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 03:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Did you hear Gen Maddis' speech at the Al SMith Dinner
Thanks for that.
0 Replies

david lyga

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 08:41 am
Colin Powell LIED to the UN and fabricated 'evidence' about Saddam Hussein's fictitious weapons of mass destruction in order to support George W Bush's mass murder in Iraq.

Sometimes truth stands in the way of allowing a full, convenient condemnation of Trump. - David Lyga
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 09:52 am
@david lyga,
and he's admitted his false information.Thats one of the widest gaps between he and Trump. Powell still is a much more honorable man than is Trump, by a wide margin.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:03 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Powell still is a much more honorable man than is Trump,

Powell was a yes man who did and said exactly what he was told to. If that is honor to you, so be it.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:19 am
@coldjoint,
who told him the lies he retold, thinking they came from honorable men?? His GOP bosses.
0 Replies

david lyga

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:22 am
@farmerman,
Conveniently, admitted his false information after mass murder was allowed to happen. - David Lyga
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:29 am
@david lyga,
so Trump gets a solid pass by you just for being steadfast in his lack of humanity??
coldjoint

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
his lack of humanity??

Back that up. How does he, Trump, lack humanity?
0 Replies

david lyga

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:22 pm
@farmerman,
Did not say that or infer that. But I did say that Powell is no angel, scheduled to trump Trump. Neither are knaves nor saints. Let us be accurate here.

I voted twice for Obama and have no regrets. But one thing that I hate about this forum is the inference that one MUST HATE Trump in order to be legitimate. - David Lyga
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:39 pm
@david lyga,
there really nothing in Trump to admire. His abilities are lacking and his results are disastrous.

I cannot see that theres any reason to admire him. I liked Bush, he didnt **** with his "powers" He made mistakes but backed up and tried to correct.
o you rally feel safe with the present president?
I sure dont and Im an explosives expert
coldjoint

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:41 pm
@david lyga,
Quote:
But one thing that I hate about this forum is the inference that one MUST HATE Trump in order to be legitimate.

Intolerance and bigotry of other ideas are not to your liking? Mine either.
david lyga

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:44 pm
@coldjoint,
You know, no matter how much I do not want Trump for President (or even precedent) I support one's right to vote for him. Now, if he were a mass murderer like Johnson, Nixon, Reagan and Bush W, then I would attack. - David Lyga
david lyga

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:45 pm
@farmerman,
Explosives expert?

Don't shoot me or nuttin!!!!! - David Lyga
RABEL222

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:16 pm
@david lyga,
125000 virus deaths. Check that figure with the other presidents. An estimated 200000 by September. He has been a wonderful president.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:24 pm
https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/06/104912196_3113495172030202_4257792412776952082_n.jpg?resize=600%2C600&ssl=1
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:20 pm
@coldjoint,
yeah, I remember you claiming it was just the media scaremongering when you said it was just flu 130000 deaths ago. what are you planning on saying when the resurgence hits 200,000 deaths in a few months?
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:24 pm
@david lyga,
It's an open forum. If someone posts stupidity they should expect to be treated as stupid.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:31 pm
@david lyga,
Quote:
no matter how much I do not want Trump for President (or even precedent) I support one's right to vote for him
If only he thought the same way. Hes trying his hand at voter surpression and even disenfranchisement.
roger

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:59 pm
@david lyga,
david lyga wrote:

Did not say that or infer that. But I did say that Powell is no angel, scheduled to trump Trump. Neither are knaves nor saints. Let us be accurate here.

I voted twice for Obama and have no regrets. But one thing that I hate about this forum is the inference that one MUST HATE Trump in order to be legitimate. - David Lyga

If you had said 'imply' instead of 'infer', that would have been a much less distasteful use of the English Language.
0 Replies