Colin Powell: Trump 'lies all the time'

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 10:49 pm
@coldjoint,
No it's not. Trumps is clearly the most dishonest person ever to become president, as well as the winner by popular vote of the title the worst president since WWII.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:06 pm
Not that much of a thing, really.
The majority of people, both in the U.S.A and abroad are aware of Trump's dishonesty. Am I supposed to be applauding Powell for telling us what was already known?

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. Progressives always refer to the truth as a lie.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:21 pm
@oralloy,
If the liars of the right didn't lie so, the truth presented by the left would not be so obvious and wouldn't cause the right to keep pissing themselves in panic and shame.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:24 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
obvious

As obvious as what Obama and others tried to do to Trump? You know, what the media won't cover, yet.
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:26 pm
@Sturgis,
And yet another example of a progressive referring to the truth as a lie.

This is why no one believes the claims that Mr. Trump lies.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:28 pm
@coldjoint,
Do tell...

...oh, that's right, you cannot.
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:31 pm
@Sturgis,
It should already be obvious. But he is more than capable of explaining it if he feels like bothering to state the obvious.

He might not feel like expending that energy though. I know I wouldn't.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:43 pm
@oralloy,
....and yet you thought babbling like a ventriloquist's sidekick was in order.

oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:48 pm
@Sturgis,
Your claim that he would not be able to state the obvious was preposterous.

He might choose to not bother. But clearly he can state the obvious if he chooses to do so.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:51 pm
@oralloy,
Hows about allow him/her/whatever to do their own responding as opposed to yapping about what they can do, may do, etc. etc.?
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 11:54 pm
@Sturgis,
He can bother responding to you if he chooses. I'm not preventing anyone from responding to you.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 03:10 am
@farmerman,
I remember the lead up to the Iraq war. And I remember listening very closely to how Powell talked vs Bush & Rumsfeld. Powell appeared to be doing everything he could, short of rebellion, to stop the war from going ahead. His words were incredibly considered - alluding to moderate courses of action while not outright disagreeing with his President. I wasn't surprised at all when he was eventually removed.

This of course, is my opinion. And it is to say - I doubt he believed in WMD's at all. Or in the war.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 03:45 am
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
Don’t be surprised if Powell is Biden’s running mate.

No offense, PUNKEY, but I'd be very surprised to see the 77 year old Biden choose the 83 year old Powell as a running mate.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 06:04 am
Could it be that Trump was referring to the size of the crowd in terms of remote media viewership? He is, after all, a media guy who is used to thinking in terms of home/remote audiences. He was also elected during a historical period where internet and other electronic media have become a dominant form of social connectivity.

If you look at what was going on with the culture of physical public assembly/demonstration vs. media connectivity of people, there seems to be some sort of political rivalry where traditionalists want to prove that people gathering in crowds and holding signs is a more potent form of political power than people networking via channels of electronic media.

So why shouldn't Trump or anyone else look at 'the crowd' by including the home audience? It is ultimately about attention and not physical gathering, right? You have to admit, if nothing else, that Trump has definitely gathered record crowds in terms of (media/audience) attention.
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:01 am
@livinglava,
How could he really discount Obama's audience then. ?? Trump had no Nostradamus knowledge of past or future. Its just another bald- face lie with which you guys deny that hes playing you .like fiiddles.
Most people are now wise to this PT Barnum
RABEL222

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:08 am
@farmerman,
P t Barmnum. A very accurate description.
mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:09 am
@Real Music,
Colin Powell:) WMD'sSmile
Have a Lovely Day
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:28 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
P t Barmnum. A very accurate description.

Yes, he was a success too.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 05:15 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Colin Powell:) WMD'sSmile
Have a Lovely Day

I think it was Colin Powell who got booed out of a food-aide conference in Africa by promoting GMO corn.