What is the short term/long term future of a2k?

glitterbag

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 09:52 pm
@maxdancona,
What would make you happy Max? How about if Edgar never posts again? Would that do it? No.. it wouldn't because Neptune is still here. (member since 2o18, total posts 3,105) ........Yeah she dominates, scary as hell right? How about you force out Hightor? Make you feel better? Yeah he's been here since 2003 and has 6,822 posts because he doesn't spend every waking minute on A2K checking on you. But that's not enough for you is it???? Oh no, not nearly enough. You bring my name up all the time...you claim I follow you around.....and yet once again in another thread, you post:

-2 REPLYQUOTEREPORT Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:09 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

It's only a problem if a male wears the 'underwear'

((this was my attempt at lightening the mood for the OP, not an attempt to engage Max))))

Max's retort:

Why is that a problem?

I don't think biological males get pregnant, even if they wear woman's underwear.

(I would wear Glitterbag's underwear, if she will send me a pair.)

Is that you being the devil's advocate, or is that YOU hoping to embarrass me. You had to know I wasn't addressing you, I was answering the OP after he persisted in that sperm on underwear thing. You bitch and moan, bitch and moan that I persecute you (the fascist and moron allegations are rich) you even claim to anybody that will listen that I and (pick another so-called in crowd person) someone tag team you. Check your own numbers, joined 2010 posts 23,378......GB joined 2002, posts 23,275...........................the numbers tell me that you have been trying to dominate, and if you think you don't receive the right sort of admiration..you pout, you lash out, in other words you behave like a big crybaby.

Here's what I think is the difference between your attitude and mine. You see this as a Debate forum where someone wins and someone loses. I see it as conversation forum that sometimes get heated sometimes not. And yes, I like a lot of people here who I seldom agree with, sometimes agree with and occasionally am disappointed by. Yes, there are also a few who show up that I find freaking despicable.........I avoid them like the plague....

I'm not sure what I could do that would satisfy your sense of debate. Would you like me to excoriate Edgar if I disagree with his politics? How about I harrange Izzy if I think he gets carried away? Would you be happy then. Of course you wouldn't.....I could take a few swipes at Setanta, but he dislikes me immensely and I limit my online comments to him. How about Neptune and Chai? I hope you're sitting down, but we all get into itty bitty dustups from time to time...I respect both of them, I think they respect me and we are all mature enough not to engage in pissing contests over not-****.

There are many other members that I enjoy reading, especially the ones with a sense of humor.............but we don't have sleep-overs and braid each other's hair. Sorry I didn't mention all of them, but I'm not as insecure as you are and I figure they know what I'm taking about.

maxdancona

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 10:16 pm
@glitterbag,
First of all, what makes you think I am not happy. I can take as much as I give. You may remember a while ago I was pushing for civil discourse. You probably have noticed I have given that up. I haven't be pushing for this for a long while.

I don't really get your problem Glitterbag.

1 I have never said that anyone should leave able2know.

2. The complaints I have are about people using off-topic personal insults in an attempt to control thread. This is worse when people take personal grudges from thread to thread, and even follow members to multiple unrelated threads to settle scores. These are all unproductive behaviors that are technically banned by the TOS (although they aren't enforce).

3. I consider you, Glitterbag, to be one of the nastiest people on Able2know. I don't say that Neptune is nasty. I disagree with Neptune quite a bit, but I don't see her make inappropriate comments on multiple threads. Hightor isn't nasty at all.

I would put you in the same category with Izzy, but with you it feels far more personal.

4. I can take a punch. I can throw a punch. I don't think you will find a thread where I threw the first punch.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 10:18 pm
@maxdancona,
See? You drive people away,
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 10:38 pm
@maxdancona,
I try to avoid you as much as possible, and I really wish you would leave me out of your hissy fits.

I was going to address all of your mueling but then you might address me again and honestly...life is too short to entertain an ego such as yours. Please, leave me alone, don't respond to me, don't constantly bring up my name when you're bellyaching about how unfair 'this or that or what the ****' is to you. Just continue on your quest for civil discourse....and it wouldn't hurt at all to look up civil discourse in a dictionary..it might surprise you.

Please, this is it...I don't want to talk to you and I don't want you to mention me anywhere...

0 Replies

chai2

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 10:58 pm
My hairs too short to braid.
I guess you could give me hair extensions.

I want mermaid hair. Or maybe unicorn.
glitterbag

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:03 pm
@chai2,
OOOO. unicorn hair!!!! That sounds like fun

0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:12 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There is no question that there is an "in-crowd" here. The in-crowd is significantly left of center and behave in severals ways that I found counter-productive.

- They not only tolerate personal attacks against outsiders. they cheer them. The most popular posts (by upthumbs) are when Izzy or Setanta or Glitterbag call someone a moron or a fascist.

- They actively try to push viewpoints out of threads. If you question the politics of #MeToo in the #MeToo thread, you will get bombarded. If you talk about the science of language in the Talking Chimpanzee thread, you will get pages of insults.

The in-crowd has actively tried to define the culture here... but it is a culture of conformity. People who challenge the social norms have attacked. When you are on the outs with the in-crowd, several members will follow you around from thread to thread making offtopic insults. You will get downthumbed for saying the most innocuous comments.

In my opinion, it is the active attempt to enforce a narrow set of acceptable viewpoints has been highly destructive of the culture of Able2know.

I personally think that the rules against personal attacks, and taking grudges from thread to thread should be better enforced. But really... it is up to us to make up the culture here.

Allright, one last time

I thought you might like to take another look at what you posted on page 6.....I didn't address you, I didn't insult you....Do you think you unnecessarily singled out anyone? No one mentioned any member, but you sure did. How civilized is that? You seem to be a hypocrite or just vainglorious.

Enough...this it what I mean by haranguing me, just leave me alone..don't darken my door....no one mentioned names, but you did....there is something seriously oblivious about you. And it creeps me out when you ask about my underwear...yuk.
maxdancona

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:20 pm
You might be wondering why Glitterbag wrote two posts in quick succession to tell me she didn't want to write any more posts about me.

It turns out, this isn't the first thread where she has done this.

I find this amusing
maxdancona

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:37 pm
Let's recap what happened here by looking at the record. It is instructive to how the Able2know culture works. You will notice again, as in other thread, Glitterbag throws the first punch, and then huffs and puffs that she doesn't want any interaction.

1. Bobsal brought up Glitterbag. https://able2know.org/topic/548824-7#post-7022960

2. I responded to Bobsal saying nothing more than " I don't see you disagreeing with Glitterbag, or Real Music or Neptune... ". This is the only mention I make of Glitterbag, and it is really not even talking about her, my comment is about Bobsal.

3. Glitterbag responds with a grudge from another thread. This is one of the things that I believe is a problem with the Able2know community.

4. Glitterbag then escalates, saying "you don't receive the right sort of admiration..you pout, you lash out, in other words you behave like a big crybaby." https://able2know.org/topic/548824-8#post-7023010

5. I respond, noting that Glitterbag is often quite nasty. I am punching back. I want to point out that Glitter is nasty in a way that most other members aren't. https://able2know.org/topic/548824-8#post-7023013

6. Glitterbag then makes two posts (I am sure you see the humor in this) saying that she wants to have nothing to do with me.

This is a game Glitterbag plays. She jumps in with the in-crowd (in this case bobsal), throws a punch, and then says she wants nothing to do with it. Glitterbag is always welcome to ignore me. She chooses not to.

I don't believe there is any thread, this one included, where Glitterbag didn't throw the first nasty punch.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:37 pm
Someday soon, maximillius hopes to make this his theme song....

glitterbag

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:39 pm
@Sturgis,
And I hope his dreams come true. Maybe then he will stop bellyaching...sighhhh.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:39 pm
@Sturgis,
I love it...

Quote:
I'm in with the in crowd
I go where the in crowd goes
I'm in with the in crowd
And I know what the in crowd knows
Any time of the year, don't you hear?
Dressin' fine, makin' time
We breeze up and down the street
We get respect from the people we meet
They make way day or night
They know the in crowd is out of sight
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 12 Jun, 2020 11:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The importand question is what civil conversation on Able2know would mean? Although we are a community that chooses to be together, we don't seem to have a common understanding on how our community should work.

As I explained already, the way it should work depends on what kind of community we are be trying to have. The closed model calls for a different ethos than the open model.

Maybe we could divide the threads in two: open or close. In an open thread, diversity is valued and nobody can tell anyone to shut up. In closed threads, only a few handpicked posters can chat, without being bothered by people like Max and myself.

It’s already a bit like that, in effect. Like if I have something to post about Corona, I don’t post on the Parlour for the Plague thread because it’s a friendly chat kind of thread, not an opinion one.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 12:35 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
They did not want to be associated with me in any way because of other unrelated positions I held. But also because their other 'club members' did not approve of me.

This has happened to me as well. Eg I get into a regular exchange with poster X. We share a couple of posts and seem to agree on something. Then Y comes in and start to shout at me, as he usually does, and surprise surprise, X starts to shout at me as well. That’s simply because X is infeodated or indebted to Y, so she will lose Y’s support if she talks friendly to me in his presence.

Not that I cry much about it, mind you, but i find it interesting in a crowd psychology kind of way.
glitterbag

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 01:26 am
@glitterbag,
Dear Max, you are wrong.....this is when you first brought my name into the game............you should count yourself lucky that Setanta has you on ignore.... I can repost this everytime you lie...about what others say

ONCE MORE WITH GUSTO:

glitterbag wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

There is no question that there is an "in-crowd" here. The in-crowd is significantly left of center and behave in severals ways that I found counter-productive.

- They not only tolerate personal attacks against outsiders. they cheer them. The most popular posts (by upthumbs) are when Izzy or Setanta or Glitterbag call someone a moron or a fascist.

- They actively try to push viewpoints out of threads. If you question the politics of #MeToo in the #MeToo thread, you will get bombarded. If you talk about the science of language in the Talking Chimpanzee thread, you will get pages of insults.

The in-crowd has actively tried to define the culture here... but it is a culture of conformity. People who challenge the social norms have attacked. When you are on the outs with the in-crowd, several members will follow you around from thread to thread making offtopic insults. You will get downthumbed for saying the most innocuous comments.

In my opinion, it is the active attempt to enforce a narrow set of acceptable viewpoints has been highly destructive of the culture of Able2know.

I personally think that the rules against personal attacks, and taking grudges from thread to thread should be better enforced. But really... it is up to us to make up the culture here.

Allright, one last time

I thought you might like to take another look at what you posted on page 6.....I didn't address you, I didn't insult you....Do you think you unnecessarily singled out anyone? No one mentioned any member, but you sure did. How civilized is that? You seem to be a hypocrite or just vainglorious.

Enough...this it what I mean by haranguing me, just leave me alone..don't darken my door....no one mentioned names, but you did....there is something seriously oblivious about you. And it creeps me out when you ask about my underwear...yuk.

Leadfoot

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 02:43 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
My understanding is that Able2know is part of a business plan, and that the owner sells similar sites for paying customers.
Cool. I hope it works for them.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 02:51 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Not that I cry much about it, mind you, but i find it interesting in a crowd psychology kind of way.
Roger that.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 05:18 am
@glitterbag,
Yes you are right Glitterbag. I did mention your name before bobsal did in a way that you were right to interpret at a swipe. I was wrong.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 05:26 am
@maxdancona,
Do seemingly all of these untoward encounters occur after 9pm?
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 07:06 am
I love how I get dragged into things I don't want to be a part of. Max, you're notorious for doing that to me. I wish you'd stop.

This forum will last as long as there's people who like to type rather than communicate in another way. Pure speculation on any one's part, of the demise of the forum, unless one has insider knowledge of the owner's intentions or privy to the business plan.

All in all, it is what it is. Until it isn't.

0 Replies