What is the short term/long term future of a2k?

maxdancona

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 08:47 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Yabut...

Somehow I got mixed into the soiree. Leave me out of this ****.

How about simply not posting in discussions that you don't want to be a part of?

It seems pretty simple to me.
neptuneblue

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
How abut leaving me out of your ****?
glitterbag

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:42 pm
@maxdancona,
You vainglorious blowhard, I suppose you think no one will notice you didn't post the month and year. Follow YOU, hardy har har! Nope, anyone can look at my profile and can see who I follow, it sure as hell isn't you. If you are laboring under some sick idea that some women find you dangerously attractive....count me the **** out.

If you wish to delude yourself that I am following you around for reasons I cannot imagine...fine....knock yourself out.

Its there some reason you can't just shut up, other than some pathetic need to stoke your ego. Try to stop, please stop.....would you want some pushy stranger pestering your 'daughter' on a forum?

Webb

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 12:42 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There is no question that there is an "in-crowd" here. The in-crowd is significantly left of center and behave in severals ways that I found counter-productive.

This is why Max is one of the best commenters on this site. He's spot on here, and has made the absolute best points in this thread.

Quote:
- They not only tolerate personal attacks against outsiders. they cheer them. The most popular posts (by upthumbs) are when Izzy or Setanta or Glitterbag call someone a moron or a fascist.

I read posts on this site for almost two years before I started posting. I took notice of several glaringly obvious things. The 'in-crowd' absolutely does exist. They do not tolerate wrong-think (opinions that run contrary to extreme left wing ideology) of any kind. I do not feel comfortable commenting here because of the personal attacks I've received, which further strengthens Max's points in this thread.

Glitterbag and bobsal both operate many multiple sock accounts. This is patently obvious, because whenever someone or a couple people vote their posts down, all you have to do is wait a half hour or so and their posts are voted back up into the double digits.

Izzy and Setanta are both awful excuses for human beings. I'm convinced that Izzy doesn't have multiple sock accounts. I really believe he doesn't. I'm not sure about Setanta.

Quote:

The in-crowd has actively tried to define the culture here... but it is a culture of conformity.

This is 100% demonstrably true. I've seen multiple people with unique voices and opinions be alienated and either banned or pushed out.

Quote:
In my opinion, it is the active attempt to enforce a narrow set of acceptable viewpoints has been highly destructive of the culture of Able2know.

Spot on. 100% accurate. TRUTH.

Quote:
I personally think that the rules against personal attacks, and taking grudges from thread to thread should be better enforced. But really... it is up to us to make up the culture here.

I don't agree with Max on all his opinions all the time. But here he's absolutely 100% correct, and makes the most salient point in this entire thread.

I haven't commented much on this site, but the few times I have I've been attacked viciously and been told that I'm something that I am not.

There are some good people here. There is also very clearly a 'ruling class' who feel it's their place to brand people they disagree with as 'heretics'.
Olivier5

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 12:54 am
@Webb,
I agree with you and Max on this, except that the wanabe 'ruling class' is only ruling what you and I let it rule. They can't actually jail you or beat you up. They are also growing old and for some, increasingly senile.

The best way to think of them is not as a ruling class but as the canterkerous cretins in the Muppet Show balcony. They don't rule the show, mind you. The show goes on while the cretins complain. In fact, they are an essential and very funny part of the show they keep complaining about.
glitterbag

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 01:53 am
@Olivier5,
I understand the swamp you wallow in....I'm a little surprised..but not shocked......Obviously I fail in comparison with your well crafted thoughtful (pissy-ass) responses ... but then again, I'm a mere woman and desperate for your approval....oh, and desperate for Webb and Max's approval ..... Sure, my life is empty without approval from 3 or 4 guys I don't know......

Is your life so empty you must engage in personal attacks to feel good about yourself???? I know it's just not women you disparage, you insult many of the males as well...purposefully twisting remarks to make them seem stupid...

Silly silly people, why can't you get involved in something that matters ...... before your time on earth is over......... I don't think any of you will be on your deathbed declaring "I wish I could have stuck it to Glitterbag, Izzy and whoever else you don't like, more vigorously". Do you realize how pathetic this is???????? Maybe you and Max and the person whose name starts with W don't....but I will be with be with my children and husband and friends unless I out live them....but they will be with me me...I barely know you folks exist unless you are spewing malicious crap on A2K......and I doubt my last thoughts are what a few knobs on A2K think about me. But if that's what you silly people think is important.... Mazel tov

you poor sorry sacks.
Olivier5

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 02:16 am
@glitterbag,
I'm sorry but couldn't agree more.

I'm pleading for indifference towards the bossy ones among us, or even appreciation: that's because i realize that the Muppet Show balcony is part of the show, and it makes it funnier.

What I mean by that is we're all willing parts of this "show" called a2k in which we are both actors and spectators. Nobody forces us to come here, so it must be that each of us likes the show. Whether we complain about the show, or whether we try and contribute something positive to it, like a bit of creative spark, we all like it, or we wouldn't be here.

Mind you, it's also a show you can customise: you can chose to ignore any part you want to ignore.

Once in a while, each and everyone of us sits in the balcony and takes jibes at the show. But that's also part of some sort of show.

So I agree with you: it's no reason to get all worked up. The bottom line is: As long as you enjoy the show, stay. If it bores you, there are other shows in town...
glitterbag

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 02:39 am
@Olivier5,
couldn't agree more with who?
Olivier5

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 02:40 am
@Olivier5,
Where I differ with Max, IOW, is I think he complains a little bit too much... He is also trying to control the conversation in a way by saying: "nobody should try to control the conversation". He's sitting in the Muppet Show balcony too in a way, and holding on to it a bit too often (it's my turn now, please Max, can I sit in the balcony now?).

Let us put together whatever show we can put up. This is a bit of a wild corner of the Internet, populated by a dying bread of intellectuals fighting off a few trolls and each other with long elaborate arguments, the likes of which you will search in vain on Twitter. The level is higher here. Even your rants, Aunt Baggy, are funnier than anything I ever seen anywhere else...

For my part, I'll stay as long as I like it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 02:41 am
@glitterbag,
You baby.
glitterbag

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 02:43 am
@Olivier5,
Oh sure baby, that ******* smooths over everything.
Olivier5

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 02:48 am
@glitterbag,
I just agree with you. Is that such a big shock for you?

Sorry to ruin your anger.
glitterbag

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 03:08 am
@Olivier5,
I'm not angry (sorry to dissapoint you) it's just very foggy regarding who you think belongs on the muppets,......you could have been more clear, but I understand why you dialed it back. Every woman (the few that are left). understand completely..............we are women, we got married, we raise our children, we often care for our husbands mothers. fathers and our

mother thyhrtin lwan dfaft her0in law
tgtx
Olivier5

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 04:04 am
@glitterbag,
We are all part of the Muppet Show. Personally I'm playing Kermit (of course).

Quote:
mother thyhrtin lwan dfaft her0in law
tgtx

?
Leadfoot

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 05:10 am
@maxdancona,
Thank you max. First great laugh of my day!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 05:41 am
@Webb,
Quote:
Glitterbag and bobsal both operate many multiple sock accounts. This is patently obvious, because whenever someone or a couple people vote their posts down, all you have to do is wait a half hour or so and their posts are voted back up into the double digits.
You might be right about that Webb. But that means there must be what, ? Maybe a dozen real people here?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 06:08 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Every woman (the few that are left). understand completely..............we are women, we got married, we raise our children, we often care for our husbands mothers.

I want to know what the hell this means! My wife (now ex-wife) never did anything close to take care of my mother. I can't imagine my current girlfriend ever taking care of my mother either.

(I was just thinking that "taking care of" has two meaning. My ex-wife is capable of the second).

Gender issues don't really apply on a forum such as this. We are all equal here.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 06:10 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

How abut leaving me out of your ****?

You can't stop responding, can you Neptune? That's the problem.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 06:19 am
@glitterbag,
This is all you, Glitterbag.

You come and throw **** around, and then upset with the shitfight that ensues. You are one of the nastiest people on Able2know.

The issue here is that you are pushing an ideology. When someone expresses a viewpoint you don't find acceptable, you start playing this little game. You make nasty comments, either directly, or these passive-aggressive little side comments to like-minded people.

If you weren't so nasty, you wouldn't find yourself in the middle of the nastiness.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 14 Jun, 2020 07:36 am
@Olivier5,
glitterbag wrote:
thyhrtin lwan dfaft her0in law tgtx

Olivier5 wrote:
?

What did glitterbag mean by her fateful last words???

Did she headbutt her keyboard, asleep at last after a long and merry cyber-warring night?.... Did the revelation that Olivier agreed with her cause her AI to crash? (I always knew she was a robot!)... Or did she simply faint, awash with surprise and gratitude for her unrequited love's kind words???

You will know it by watching the next episode of your preferred show, tomorrow night, same time, same channel!
0 Replies