Ignorance

Prem97

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 06:37 pm
Good day everyone. I would like an answer on this from someone who knows their stuff based on studies etc. My question is. Is it bad to be ignorant on issues that surrounds me? I try to stay away from social media for example where it's always buzzing with news and negativity. To me, ignorance is, in fact, bliss. But I also feel a bit of guilt when I'm also surrounded by people who are standing up for a movement for example, the George Floyd matter. Of course, I support the protest. But I tend not to speak up on it nor read up much on it to avoid confrontative arguments etc. Sometimes, the internet is a cesspool.. for as far I've seen from an aerial view. The posts I share are usually positive, and tend to bring joy. Should I change how I am? Should I be more abreast with social issues around me and be more vocal with my thoughts and feelings?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 06:41 pm
@Prem97,
It's not necessary to wallow in the issues, so long as you know what's important and are prepared to learn who will serve your interests in the event they get elected.
mark noble

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 07:22 am
@Prem97,
Just live & be happy.
However/Whatever you choose - Always Be You.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 08:50 am
@Prem97,
I don't know that you will get an answer from anyone based on studies, etc. My opinion is that we are all ignorant about some things. You can't keep up with everything. That said, you have a basic duty as a member of society to keep up with the main issues if only so you can vote your beliefs. That doesn't mean you have to go on protest marches, but you should know enough to engage in society.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 09:00 am
@edgarblythe,
'lyric'
You Have To Be Trusted
By the People, that you lie to
So, When they turn their backs on you
You get the chance to
Stick the Knife in'

'Dogs' - Pink Floyd

Have a Lovely Day