15
   

Sports and the Pandemic? When do we finally open this up?

 
 
livinglava
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 07:39 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

My daughter's sports performance training may open in phase 2 which is 2-3 weeks away. They are applying with the board of health - since they are not a gym they may fall into the personal training category. Although she has been training virtually - it is not quite the same thing as being there.

Funny how people are different my older daughter is doing great with her virtual workouts - her college team along with some of the other athletic teams at the school have had different trainers setting up virtual training programs - she gets into even though they cannot see her whereas my younger daughter even though it is set up so the trainers can see the students, she has a harder time with the virtual she so much prefers in person.

If she is working out indoors, why did you say she is medically unable to practice yoga? I think you assumed I was suggesting some extensive yoga routine and not just finding poses that work for her in her situation.

Also, do you and she take the virus seriously at all or do you just think it is a hoax and/or something that only affects old and/or health-vulnerable people and so you just don't care about them as much as your own wants?

No one likes being stuck at home. Everyone is bored and has cabin fever. Is that a reason to give up on waiting for the virus to go away? No, we are surviving, just bored and irritable.
Linkat
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 07:56 am
@livinglava,
I am following the protocol of the governor of Massachusetts which is one of the most restrictive states in the US.

So unless you are more informative than he is as a reasonably intelligent person I listen to those that are qualified rather than a person who seems to simply enjoy arguing on here for entertainment purposes.

The trainer has been ensuring they meet standards by proactively reaching out to the board of health.

I will not even address the yoga comment as you have not thoroughly read through what I have addressed previously else there would not be any questions or comments on this.

I am simply stating the positive progress as we have so much negativity currently. Isn’t it positive that the virus is slowing to the Point that one of the states reacting most conservatively is beginning to allow certain businesses to open with appropriate precautions ?

Sorry but I rather focus on being positive rather than being all doom and gloom .

My family is fortunate to be young and healthy and not needing to take the extreme precautions that friends of mine have. I feel very fortunate and would never put my friends and family that are at high risk in danger.
bobsal u1553115
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:00 am
Rising caseloads in India, Russia underline reopening risks
Source: Associated Press

By VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV and NICK PERRY
12 minutes ago

MOSCOW (AP) — India saw another record daily jump in coronavirus cases Thursday while Russia reported a steady increase in its caseload even as it moved to swiftly ease restrictions in sync with the Kremlin’s ambitious political plans.

The developments come as the United States crossed a somber landmark of 100,000 coronavirus fatalities, meaning that more Americans have died from the virus than were killed in the Vietnam and Korean wars combined.

India, home to more than 1.3 billion people, reported more than 6,500 new infections, another record daily surge that brought the nation’s total to more than 158,000 infections. The spike comes as the nation’s two-month-old lockdown is set to end Sunday.

South Korea on Thursday reported its biggest jump in coronavirus cases in more than 50 days, a setback that could erase some of the hard-won gains that have made it a model for the rest of the world. Health officials warned that the resurgence is getting harder to track and social distancing and other steps need to be taken.

Read more: https://apnews.com/85d596c01ff1132bd9f73724bd0fb1d7
Linkat
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:04 am
@livinglava,
The funny thing is you have whined of why are you saying these things to me in response to inane comments that you made of my posts WITHOUT even fully reading what I wrote when I pointed out where you erred. But here you are trying to accuse me of being uncaring and careless when there has been not one thing that I wrote that had not been within the guidelines of the board of health and the state government.

If you do not want others to jump on you then you should look in the mirror.

In everything, then, Do to others as you would have them do to you.
0 Replies
 
livinglava
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:17 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I am following the protocol of the governor of Massachusetts which is one of the most restrictive states in the US.

So unless you are more informative than he is as a reasonably intelligent person I listen to those that are qualified rather than a person who seems to simply enjoy arguing on here for entertainment purposes.

The trainer has been ensuring they meet standards by proactively reaching out to the board of health.

You can believe and trust whatever authority or advice you want to for whatever reason, but I just try to keep pointing out that every unnecessary social interaction presents an opportunity for virus/pathogen transmission.

Risk is risk and some people will rationalize various risks for various reasons and/or levels of reward, but there is a different between needs and wants and when you don't need to do something but you justify doing it because you really want it, you are taking unnecessary risk. That's true whether the president of Harvard Medical School or the CDC or whoever denies it or not.

Quote:
I will not even address the yoga comment as you have not thoroughly read through what I have addressed previously else there would not be any questions or comments on this.

I just don't understand why you, and later Neptuneblue, demonized me for suggesting yoga if someone is actively doing exercise indoors. I think you must have assumed I meant some kind of elaborate sequence of strenuous poses instead of what I really meant, which was to just find some indoor activities that work for you to stretch and get proper circulation.

Quote:
I am simply stating the positive progress as we have so much negativity currently. Isn’t it positive that the virus is slowing to the Point that one of the states reacting most conservatively is beginning to allow certain businesses to open with appropriate precautions ?

Of course it's positive, but if that leads people to increase exposure, the virus may spread more than necessary.

Quote:
Sorry but I rather focus on being positive rather than being all doom and gloom .

Then don't fret about being stuck inside and other risk-minimizing life choices. They are positive, not negative. Missing out on sports is not negative. They are not a need. There are plenty of other positive exercise activities that don't require being around other people. People depend too much on human contact for positive feelings.

Think about all the socialphobes who avoid social contact because they are ugly and/or get bullied/shunned/hated for other reasons. Those people always have to stay positive, get exercise, etc. without social contact. If they get caught up in the doom and gloom of feeling bad for themselves because others don't like them, they would just crawl into a hole and die.

Quote:
My family is fortunate to be young and healthy and not needing to take the extreme precautions that friends of mine have. I feel very fortunate and would never put my friends and family that are at high risk in danger.

Sports are a thing that is currently pushing for re-opening, along with other things that generate a lot of business transactions. Business is bullish and it doesn't like to take no for an answer. This is also the driving spirit in sport, is it not? I.e. the will to win is supposed to triumph over adversity. Well, is there a will to win against pandemic disease, or just a will to 'go back to normal' that's driving the push to re-open sports and other non-essential business?
Linkat
 
  2  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:19 am
@bobsal u1553115,
And this is why I am celebrating the positive - because there are so many doom and gloom.

It is sad that this is increasing in certain countries - but it is difficult to compare certain countries to others.

I work directly with people from India and talk with them daily. India is a whole different animal than the US. You simply cannot compare - especially as the report is noting that they have not even opened their lock down yet.

So we have a choice here - stay in our homes until this virus is 100% gone - or slowly go out and take precautions.

Wonder if you know that 62% of the deaths in MA are due to people living in long term care facilities? Why the heck are we not doing something about that? So instead we all stay indoors while these poor people in long term facilitates keep dying. Makes perfect sense.

Why are we not helping those that need the help rather than locking every healthy person indoors? Doing this has not helped those in nursing homes - we have not allowed family members to go visit their family in nursing homes, yet these people are still dying significantly more than the general population.
Linkat
 
  2  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:29 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
I just don't understand why you, and later Neptuneblue, demonized me for suggesting yoga if someone is actively doing exercise indoors. I think you must have assumed I meant some kind of elaborate sequence of strenuous poses instead of what I really meant, which was to just find some indoor activities that work for you to stretch and get proper circulation.


I think demonize is a bit of an exaggeration - but suggesting doing any sort of exercise for someone that is told NOT to exercise by their surgeon which was made clear in the post - is just plain old stupid at best, harmful at worst if the person receiving the advice is very naivee.

Neither one of us called you a demon - maybe a stupid person or ill informed but being ignorant does not equate to a demon.

You whine and say you demonize me when someone points out you made a dumb remark - Please if anyone thinks suggesting one to exercise when they are specifically told to bed rest after surgery - please let me know if you do not agree this is a dumb suggestion...I sincerely believe that any reasonable person would agree this is just plain old dumb to say.

However, you will directly tell people they are uncaring and risking other people's health and so forth without a thought.

Just because one business is important to another person does not make it less valuable as a whole. I went out yesterday and did curbside grooming for my dog - he does not shed and thus need regular grooming. Some people may think this is not needed and unnecessary but it is part of owning a dog and ensuring its health - some people may consider even having a pet unnecessarily so why should pet stores even be open?

People are all different - so what is of high importance to one - may not be of high importance to another.

I hope you do not go out and get your hair cut or go to the grocery store, or even walk outside - any of those could cause you to spread the virus and any of those there are alternatives. So I hope you never step out of your door or let anyone in. Because you can pretty much get anything you need by having things picked up or dropped at your doorstep.

If you even take one step out your door you are a hypocrite.

There is complete proof by just reading one of your posts.
livinglava
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:51 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

And this is why I am celebrating the positive - because there are so many doom and gloom.

It is sad that this is increasing in certain countries - but it is difficult to compare certain countries to others.

I work directly with people from India and talk with them daily. India is a whole different animal than the US. You simply cannot compare - especially as the report is noting that they have not even opened their lock down yet.

You don't have to compare countries. Airborne viruses and other pathogens are communicated by physical proximity and sharing air. What does that have to do with national differences?

Quote:
So we have a choice here - stay in our homes until this virus is 100% gone - or slowly go out and take precautions.

Who can stay home all the time? We have to go out to get supplies and food. You can go out and walk and do activities in the open air while social distancing and generally taking precautions to minimize the pathogen-load communication levels.

It is one thing to pass by someone on the street for a few seconds and something else to be running around each other breathing heavily on a field or court because you're all chasing the same ball around.

Quote:
Wonder if you know that 62% of the deaths in MA are due to people living in long term care facilities? Why the heck are we not doing something about that? So instead we all stay indoors while these poor people in long term facilitates keep dying. Makes perfect sense.

9/10 of people who go on ventilators with COVID19 die, I've read. So the best we can do is try to slow the spread until there is a vaccine for the people who are most vulnerable.

Quote:
Why are we not helping those that need the help rather than locking every healthy person indoors? Doing this has not helped those in nursing homes - we have not allowed family members to go visit their family in nursing homes, yet these people are still dying significantly more than the general population.

It's not an either-or thing. We can minimize the spread through the general population AND help those that need help in whatever way we can. What CAN we do, though, except try to prevent the virus spreading to them? Once they get sick, they just have to get through it as best they can with their immune systems, right?
livinglava
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 09:14 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Quote:
I just don't understand why you, and later Neptuneblue, demonized me for suggesting yoga if someone is actively doing exercise indoors. I think you must have assumed I meant some kind of elaborate sequence of strenuous poses instead of what I really meant, which was to just find some indoor activities that work for you to stretch and get proper circulation.


I think demonize is a bit of an exaggeration - but suggesting doing any sort of exercise for someone that is told NOT to exercise by their surgeon which was made clear in the post - is just plain old stupid at best, harmful at worst if the person receiving the advice is very naivee.

You are thinking that advice has to cater to your personal situation, but that is why you have a surgeon, therapist, etc. to advise you professionally. When you discuss things on internet, it is just general discussion. When someone mentions yoga or other exercise, that is just a suggestion you might not take; like if someone suggests eating nuts for protein and you are allergic to nuts, you don't take their advice and then accuse them of being irresponsible for suggesting nuts to you when you are allergic.

Quote:
Neither one of us called you a demon - maybe a stupid person or ill informed but being ignorant does not equate to a demon.

'Demonize' is a general word that means you are making someone out to be bad. You don't even have to think in terms of 'demons' to demonize people. 'Demon' is just in the root of the word.

Quote:
You whine and say you demonize me when someone points out you made a dumb remark - Please if anyone thinks suggesting one to exercise when they are specifically told to bed rest after surgery - please let me know if you do not agree this is a dumb suggestion...I sincerely believe that any reasonable person would agree this is just plain old dumb to say.

What I want to know is what exercise she is doing that is safer than yoga. I know there are yoga poses that would be bad for certain injuries, but if you avoid those, I don't see why yoga would be worse than any other kind of exercise/stretching.

Quote:
However, you will directly tell people they are uncaring and risking other people's health and so forth without a thought.

Why would you take that personally? That is just a fact. We are all potential vectors for viruses and other pathogens. Humans have bodies, just like pangolins, bats, and mosquitoes. Is in uncaring to compare a human body to a pangolin's? In one frame of mind, it might seem that way, but from a pathogen's POV, they are both just opportunities to gestate and spread.

Quote:
Just because one business is important to another person does not make it less valuable as a whole. I went out yesterday and did curbside grooming for my dog - he does not shed and thus need regular grooming. Some people may think this is not needed and unnecessary but it is part of owning a dog and ensuring its health - some people may consider even having a pet unnecessarily so why should pet stores even be open?

Pets have needs, just like humans. If you can't groom your own dog, and the dog truly needs grooming for its health, then you would have to try to find a way to get the dog groomed, rather than let its health deteriorate, if you can. I don't find it that difficult to weigh risks vs. needs because I don't rationalize things as needs that are not truly necessary. There are some things that are acceptable risks, but if too many people deem too many things acceptable risks, it increases the level of exposure to unnecessary levels. It's about people policing themselves instead of looking for excuses to 'get back to normal' as much as possible.

Quote:
People are all different - so what is of high importance to one - may not be of high importance to another.

Hopefully you realize that some people try to rationalize things they don't need by deeming them 'of high importance.' The question is whether needs and risk-prevention should trump wants. It is hard because we are relying on people to police themselves by honestly trying to reduce their exposure as much as they can.

Obviously people are not going to just stock up on a year's worth of canned food and avoid leaving their houses for one or more years, but when they are making choices about going out, they can do so in a way that minimizes risk and yet still gives them an outlet for the need for exercise and fresh air.

Quote:
I hope you do not go out and get your hair cut or go to the grocery store, or even walk outside - any of those could cause you to spread the virus and any of those there are alternatives. So I hope you never step out of your door or let anyone in. Because you can pretty much get anything you need by having things picked up or dropped at your doorstep.

If you even take one step out your door you are a hypocrite.

You calling me a hypocrite for going outside because you are angry I don't validate sports where people run around in close proximity chasing the same ball is false. You can go walk and do exercise outside, but social-distance and avoid clustering with the same bodies for extended time. If one person has an infection and you breathe a little of it, you may get immune to COVID19 without ever experiencing symptoms at all.

If, on the other hand, you are breathing around the same person for extended time and they have COVID19 (you may not even know it because they might not have symptoms yet), then you could get a heavy infection and end up hospitalized, and while you are contagious prior to showing symptoms, you are spreading it to others. That's why there is a difference between walking and shopping, etc. and spending longer periods of time in close proximity.

Maybe some studies will come out comparing infection severity for people who contracted it by extended contact vs. light exposure, but as of yet, I am just guessing based on what I've read/heard about some people testing positive without showing symptoms and others (e.g. first responders in NYC) getting death benefits for contracting it in the line-of-duty. How can a strong, healthy individual who is a first-responder die from a disease that someone else tests positive for without experiencing symptoms? I think it must depend on the level of exposure and viral-load communicated, but you can come up with your own theory if you think differently.

Quote:
There is complete proof by just reading one of your posts.

You are just biased because you want people to agree with you that if sports are important to you, they're not risky. Everything is risky to some degree, so we are all choosing certain risks while avoiding others; but I just wanted to be clear about the risk poses by people playing team sports where they are running and breathing heavily within close proximity because they are clustering around a ball.

Surely you can't argue about the basic physics of breathing heavily in a cluster of multiple individuals fighting over a ball, can you?
Linkat
 
  2  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 10:52 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
You don't have to compare countries. Airborne viruses and other pathogens are communicated by physical proximity and sharing air. What does that have to do with national differences?


Because India has an issue with overpopulation in cities. They do not have the luxury of keeping all their residents inside. Many live outside in the slums with no where else to go. They have a very large population of poor - poor that makes the poor in the US look wealthy. Yes we may have some issues with homeless shelters, but they do not even have homeless shelters to go to.

It has nothing to do with the virus and how it infects- please educate yourself prior to making inane comments. Do a little research and reading on India and how difficult it has been for them. I talk to people daily that live in the larger cities there like Mumbai. You cannot even compare it to NYC.

Quote:
Who can stay home all the time? We have to go out to get supplies and food. You can go out and walk and do activities in the open air while social distancing and generally taking precautions to minimize the pathogen-load communication levels.


No you can order and have it delivered. Walmart has two day delivery for almost any household product you can need (spend $35 and the delivery is free) - most supermarkets have delivery of food. You do not need to leave your house.

Well funny when you want to go out - it is all ok! Well I am sorry do you know for sure that you are virus free with 6 feet? Why would you believe that if you feel that you cannot safely go to a private trainer with 6 feet or more of distance and exercise and generally taking precautions to minimize the pathogen-load communication levels? What is the difference there? If they are found to be following department of health standards for all the above why is it that my kids and my family are being so careless? But you able to follow the guidelines and you are not careless?

Because it fits your lifestyle? Hmm you are a hypocrite - it is only ok when it fits what you are doing. Even though you may be following your states guidelines - you could still infect someone else - there is no guarantee.

Quote:
It is one thing to pass by someone on the street for a few seconds and something else to be running around each other breathing heavily on a field or court because you're all chasing the same ball around.


Why because the great LL knows more than the Department of Health in Massachusetts? Lets all bow down to the great and humble LL that knows all - over and above Doctors with years of education and experience; governors that are daily meeting with these medical professions to determine what is best overall and while still being safe. Nope it LL she knows it all!

Quote:
So the best we can do is try to slow the spread until there is a vaccine for the people who are most vulnerable.


In agreement but you did not conclude how you help those in nursing homes? Those are the most vulnerable - obviously stopping people from visiting did not help if 62% of the deaths were due to people in nursing homes. How does one person following the states guidelines and going to workout in an approved Department of Health process cause a person in a nursing home to die? They have no contact with someone in a nursing home or someone that works there.

How - people who work or live in a nursing home need to take extra precautions - anyone in contact with someone working in a nursing home needs to take extra precautions.

Use some God given common sense of which you are lacking.

My brother directly works with COVID-19 infected people - those most ill. We visited him - distance wise of course - I talk to him over the phone - I think he has a bit more knowledge and he certainly has much more experience on the matter. He is not the least bit concerned we are following these guidelines. Now I would not go over and give him a hug - I would go over his house (similar to what did before) call him and he walks out on his porch and we talk from a distance. Common Sense!

In 3 weeks, if the Board of Health and the Governor determines our personal trainer has set up his work out routine to meet standards that keep people safe - I will allow my daughter to attend. Will this mean that we will be 100% guaranteed she will not contract it - NO - but neither will you going to the grocery store when you do have an option for deliver. Or you going to Walmart to pick up toilet paper when you can even more easily have it delivered.

Well I guess I am more concerned about others as I do use these options - I either do curbside pick up or delivery. You do not so you do not care about minimizing the spread of this virus.
0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 11:01 am
@livinglava,
Again just twisting things to suit your argument - no facts, no real knowledge just idiotic comments.

Bottom line if you believe you what you are preaching you would not be going outside period.

You draw the line where it is convenient for you and judge when they do the same thing.

I am not doing things that are out of the scope of what has been determine not to be safe. If they turn around and in 6 weeks when actual sports games (that you keep touting we are doing now - which we are not - not until medical and government determine it is safe to do so) are supposed to be allowed and say no it is unsafe, we will not engage in it.

If they come back and say - no the sports trainer cannot train as it would not be safe to do so in three weeks - we will not engage in it.

So tell me why you can engage in things that the government has determined is safe if following proper guidelines but I cannot ? Anything this is not sports related.

You say grooming is for health - others would say it is for beauty - different opinions but for you this is ok. Stop judging others and take a look in the mirror.

Linkat
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 11:03 am
Sorry everyone else - I will re frame from this - I have gone against my own advice to just ignore LL as I know she tends to just want to judge and argue - it is a form of entertainment.

Sorry - it is simply too easy to respond as most of what is said makes little or no sense.

On a positive note yes - it does look like some NBA and NHL may be played! We may get an actual championship team this year - Go Bruins!
0 Replies
 
livinglava
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 11:25 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Bottom line if you believe you what you are preaching you would not be going outside period.

Let's say you go outside walking/jogging/running/biking. You might be huffing away at 100+ heart rate and spreading virus, but the people you pass are only going to breathe air you exhaled for a second or so before you are past them. That is different from running around with a team (or two) on a closed area field/court and huffing away for an hour or more as you cluster around a ball.

Can you understand the difference in virus transmission in those two situations?

Quote:
You draw the line where it is convenient for you and judge when they do the same thing.

I don't draw any lines because I know that everyone has their own authority to make decisions; but what I do do is note that some people abuse their authority/liberty to rationalize things that they want but don't really need.

Quote:
I am not doing things that are out of the scope of what has been determine not to be safe.

You want to go by what some external authority 'has determined to be safe,' but you should know that these authorities are under political and economic pressure to cater to people like you who accuse them and want to hold them liable when they don't give you the rules that you want to have.

The bottom line is that even if some government authority tells you something is ok, if you go do it and contract/spread the virus, then you and all the people who contract it get it and you can't blame the government for telling you it was ok, and even if you do blame them, there's no cure.

Quote:
If they turn around and in 6 weeks when actual sports games (that you keep touting we are doing now - which we are not - not until medical and government determine it is safe to do so) are supposed to be allowed and say no it is unsafe, we will not engage in it.

If they come back and say - no the sports trainer cannot train as it would not be safe to do so in three weeks - we will not engage in it.

I am also dealing with people who want to spring into action the minute the government pulls the trigger, but that assumes the government is perfect and can't make mistakes. What's more, they are biased because they are elected and funded by people who want and expect them to make them happy by making decisions that suit them.

Quote:
So tell me why you can engage in things that the government has determined is safe if following proper guidelines but I cannot ? Anything this is not sports related.

You and I and everyone else has to make our own decisions about what risks to take or not; but what I am trying to tell you is that people rationalize taking unnecessary risks because they want things they don't need.

The government could have a year's worth of canned food delivered to every household and post armed guards with oxygen tanks to keep people inside, but the risk is not worth that. You can go outside and walk/jog/run/bike as long as you social-distance and don't cluster together with people you don't live with. If you receive a little of the virus from someone passing by, you might just get a light infection with no symptoms; but if you are exposed to heavy loads of the virus, you could end up in the hospital or dead, and you will expose everyone else you're around to that same level of infection.

Quote:
You say grooming is for health - others would say it is for beauty - different opinions but for you this is ok. Stop judging others and take a look in the mirror.

Grooming for beauty is a want, not a need. Grooming for health is a need, whether or not you want to do it.
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 03:27 pm

the bahstin marathon has been cancelled for the first time in its 123 year history...
bobsal u1553115
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 05:54 pm
@Region Philbis,
Ah ahnly went fah dah chouda enawhay.

Ah went fah the scrad wun yeah. Ah sahd "weah cahn a man get scrad in Bahstin", but thuh cabbie tahld me he'd bin ast thaht many times befah, but nevah in thuh past pluperfect.

Region Philbis
 
  2  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 05:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

wicked pissah...
bobsal u1553115
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 06:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah, he wahs one nuggetclown, thah bastid.
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  3  
Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 03:07 pm
Quote:
NBA approves 22-team format to finish season

The NBA board of governors voted Thursday to approve a 22-team format to restart
the 2019-20 season in Orlando, Florida, the league announced.

Sources told ESPN that the vote was 29-1, with the Portland Trail Blazers voting
against the proposal.

[ SNIP ]

Under the plan, 13 Western Conference teams and nine Eastern Conference teams
will play eight regular-season "seeding" games, a possible play-in tournament for the
eighth seed and playoffs at the Walt Disney World Resort.

The top 16 teams in the Eastern and Western conferences will be joined by teams
currently within six games of eighth place in the two conferences -- New Orleans,
Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento, Phoenix and Washington.

The play-in tournament will include the No. 8 and No. 9 teams in a conference --
if the ninth seed finishes the regular season within four games of the eighth. In that
case, the No. 9 seed would need to beat No. 8 seed twice to earn the playoff berth,
while the No. 8 would need one win from the two potential games.

The NBA said the season resuming is contingent on an agreement with The Walt Disney
Company, which owns ESPN, to use the Walt Disney Resort for all games, practices and
housing.
(espn)
0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  2  
Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 01:41 pm
Ok basketball practice starts next week! Coach is just having a hard time securing gym space - of course with all the safety limitations this makes it even more difficult. So far he has secured the next two Tuesdays - they are supposed to have practice 3 times a week but at least there is basketball. Games start July 17th.

We were supposed to send a note back whether we plan on still playing or not. I mentioned that to my daughter she said - I already did. I have been waiting for this forever.

One final left for school work and then she is a senior.

On the positive - with the shortened season (that was supposed to be her spring season) - they are going straight from summer into fall play - from the looks of it there will be no extra cost for the fall season and it looks like we have might have the full schedule through fall except for the one big tournament out of state - we do not know that date yet.
Below viewing threshold (view)
 

Related Topics

Should cheerleading be a sport? - Discussion by joefromchicago
Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009? - Discussion by realjohnboy
tennis grip - Question by madalina
How much faster could Usain Bolt have gone? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Sochi Olympics a Resounding Success - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2023 at 06:48:42