COVIDS-19: 14-Day Drop in Cases

gollum

Tue 5 May, 2020 07:54 am
Where can I find a listing by State (e.g., New York) of the number of cases at the end of each day.

(I wish to ascertain when New York State can be opened up.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 823 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed

engineer

Tue 5 May, 2020 07:55 am
@gollum,
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2020/coronavirus-testing-by-state-chart-of-new-cases/
0 Replies

livinglava

Tue 5 May, 2020 10:43 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

Where can I find a listing by State (e.g., New York) of the number of cases at the end of each day.

(I wish to ascertain when New York State can be opened up.)

The effects of any changes in policy and/or public behavior can only be assessed after sufficient time has been given to measure the effects of the changes.

E.g. if restaurants start taking customers at 1o% or 20% or whatever, then that increase in public exposure can only be measured after people have been sitting in restaurants for several weeks or even months, i.e. because one day of restaurants being re-opened at whatever level isn't going to produce the number of cases that they will after some time of being open.

Also, remember that we assume a two-week gestation time for the virus to manifest symptoms, so it takes about two weeks for infections that happen today to show up in statistics. As for deaths, it takes people a while to die after getting symptoms, though I'm not sure what the average time between first manifesting symptoms and death is for those who die from it.
gollum

Tue 5 May, 2020 10:48 am
@livinglava,
livinglava-

Thank you
0 Replies