I Didn't Listen -- My marriage and My wife may be lost!!

dupre

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:36 am
And nobody's perfect.

She probably deserved the occassional snide remark. You were sensitive to her thyroid issues, she could have been sensitive to the fact that you were / are tired from working so many long hours, and then coming home to more work. Where was her understanding?

And dredging up stuff from years ago? There should be so much life happening in a person's life, that "years ago" isn't even an issue.

I think she was empty of soul and mind.

And that is not your fault.

By the way, feel free to cover my living expenses while I go to college and get several degrees.

Nobody has ever offered me that kind of support.

For that, I would raise you up as a king in your own home, and spoil you beyond your wildest dreams. And anything "wrong" you did, would be the most charming thing anyone ever did!

And anything kind you did would be appreciated with unrestrained expression.

You will be just fine. I've no doubt.

She, on the other hand, will probably struggle, until she can find someone else willing to take some blame for her unhappiness.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:36 am
And nobody's perfect.

She probably deserved the occassional snide remark. You were sensitive to her thyroid issues, she could have been sensitive to the fact that you were / are tired from working so many long hours, and then coming home to more work. Where was her understanding?

And dredging up stuff from years ago? There should be so much life happening in a person's life, that "years ago" isn't even an issue.

By the way, feel free to cover my living expenses while I go to college and get several degrees.

For that, I would raise you up as a king in your own home, and spoil you beyond your wildest dreams. And anything "wrong" you did, would be the most charming thing anyone ever did!

She, on the other hand, will probably struggle, until she can find someone else willing to take some blame for her unhappiness.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:37 am
And nobody's perfect.

0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:22 am
Sorry about the multiple posts.

Computer glitch.
0 Replies

warned

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:25 pm
It's all done now. The divorce was final Oct. 4th....

Thanks for the thoughts and the words!!!

The court appearance was noneventful I guess is the best way to put it. It was done in about 15 minutes. We sat next to each other as the judge went through everything. Done deal.

We walked outside the court and talked about a few financial issues. As we were walking toward my truck I told her that I wouldn't trade what we had for anything in the world, the good and the bad. I got in my truck and she walked away. Sorta like a heartwrenching TV drama playing out infront of your eyes.

I really didn't have a sick feeling but I was sad for sure. I drove to the pier on the edge of town. It was raining and cold out. I walked out to the end of the peer, took a few deep breaths and cried for a couple of minutes. After that I looked up into the rain and the clouds and told myself that this chapter is closed and she is gone, we are done. As I was driving home I didn't really feel anything.....

I know I will always love her and am still totally attracted to her. I know in time the attraction will wither and the love I have will shift. In time...

Life does go one......it can change so quickly too!!!!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 04:39 pm
Congratulations on finalizing your divorce. Be patient. Don't moon over what is done. You learned a few valuable life lessons about relationships. Your happiness will be better served when you find the woman who is right for you. She will always want you as much as you want her and your days will be filled with love and laughter.

True love--the best kind of love--doesn't hurt.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 05:15 pm
Wishing you the best during this trying time.

It will get easier.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 05:36 pm
Warned...Best wishes.

Just do one thing for me though...

"When"...and I'm saying.. "WHEN...you find yourself in another relationship that looks grand, do yourself a favor and look back to this relationship. If there is anything you learned from it, use it in the next one"....
0 Replies