What’s my problem?

Vuvansy

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 01:34 pm
Sometimes I get inspired by other people (their good works, their relationship o their being). I read about their life and I would usually be obsessed (always thinking about it) for days. Very often I know for sure that I can’t be like them but I just can’t help overthinking about it.
I know I always have the desire to live a good life, living for others, helping and serving others but the thought of not being able or not knowing how to do it tormented me deeply.
Is there any one can give me some thoughts?

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 02:03 pm
@Vuvansy,
Not a doctor.

But you sound like you like reading about great people but are measuring yourself to them and feel you're lacking.

You probably aren't lacking. Most people aren't MLK, Mother Teresa, etc. That's why their lives are remarkable enough that you're reading about them.

And there's also always doing your own measure of good works. Right now, life is rough for a lot of folks. Can you 3D print PPE and donate it to a hospital (call first; they don't always accept it)? Can you sew masks for your neighbors? Shop for an elderly neighbor? Call a family member who may be lonely? You could be doing just the thing that those people need, right now.

These aren't enormous grand gestures, and you're not a superhero. That's okay.

Smaller gestures and being a low key superhero is pretty damned awesome, too.
0 Replies