O'Connor to Retire From Supreme Court

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 04:56 pm
Adding that this problem of such high incidence of blacks being disenfranchised ought not to be attributed only to guys like Rove. Another certain factor is that poor areas and predominantly black areas get the short end of the stick on a lot of stuff, including voting machines.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 05:02 pm
Harry Belafonte said:

"In the days of slavery, there were those slaves who lived on the plantation and [there] were those slaves that lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master ... exactly the way the master intended to have you serve him. Colin Powell's committed to come into the house of the master. When Colin Powell dares to suggest something other than what the master wants to hear, he will be turned back out to pasture." -- Harry Belafonte

That Belafonte is a wise man. That's pretty much exactly what happened to Powell.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 05:17 pm
Blatham--

I don't know why you feel the need to personally insult Fox, but you should stop. She addresses you without all that, and your rudeness to her is unfair and it substantially decreases your stature.

Another peg down was your tirade ...you know, to "twitness", in which you excoriated her for correctly pointing out your broad slur against Republicans. We've all slurred broadly, me included, but you act as though we can't read.

If you cite "Republican training school", you DO accuse the party, not an individual.

You owe Fox multiple apologies.

LionTamerX--

You should have watched the GOP listen to a pretty tough lecture by Powell years ago. He was still highly respected and still is.

He chose to leave the administration to our detriment. He was a little too liberal IMO, but a good man to have around.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 05:27 pm
Powell had his time in the sum, and by his own admission, he was tired. He still speaks well of the party and the party speaks well of him despite the MSM attempt to make him look disgruntled if he has anything negative to say whatsoever.

The Belafonte quote was insultingly racist with its implication of Powell being a "house N......." as it is insulting to accuse Republicans of intentionally disenfranchising blacks with no more proof than unsubstantiated accusations by the opposing party.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 05:30 pm
The persecution heaped on a person if they are black and Republican is very daunting. Blacks are really trapped in the Democrat party.

You have to be incredibly brave and of deep conviction to break out.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 05:47 pm
this is a very interesting discussion of the retirement of Sandy it all it's implications, good job folks. btw it's a well know fact that the republican party is the most bigotted racist homophobic and obese political party in the US of A, currently running neck and neck with the dems. who will win by a nose? who gives a rats' ass? this discussion is an excercise in who makes the least goddamn sense. time to get back to your usual counting of angels on heads of pins crap. fargin' bastichas to a manjack one of you! I'm going out to the patio with my magnifing glass to pop some ants, it's more productive then reading this.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:09 pm
Geez. Hope you can get laid.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:11 pm
same to you Lash or are you, in a polite maner, telling me to f*uck myself?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:18 pm
I'm not. You're right.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:21 pm
You know I don't say anything in a polite manner.

You seem unusually prickly. I thought a good roll may improve your mood. Twas not delivered as an insult.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:30 pm
well lash it's now 6:28 in the p.m. and the temp is down to 96 on my patio, so yeah, what do they call that, prickly heat? Well there is also the fact that I'm here reading a bunch of dingbats casting accusations of incredible inanity across the floor of a2k as if they actually had some merit.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:34 pm
Is this the first time you've noticed that A2K activity?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:35 pm
It looks that bad? I'm beginning to blush.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:37 pm
blatham wrote:
It looks that bad? I'm beginning to blush.

about freakin' time!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:40 pm
No good excuse. I have been without a moral compass since Hunter Thompson died.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:40 pm
Lash wrote:
Is this the first time you've noticed that A2K activity?

Well, I haven't had my evening whisky (too damn hot) so I may be a bit too sensitive and listening to my inner feminine side. Did i ever tell you I am an ectomorph?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:42 pm
blatham wrote:
No good excuse. I have been without a moral compass since Hunter Thompson died.

Haven't we all? But keep this in mind B, Hunter died for our sins and the buffalo still roam.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:43 pm
<reaches for dictionary>
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
Did you, by any chance, a long time ago, fuk a chubby mennonite girl from canada? I beginning to think of you as 'daddy'. Not sure what to make of it but it is frighteningly comfortable.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:48 pm
she told me she was a mormon. (she also said she was only 13)
0 Replies