New car - suggestions needed !!

Piffka

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:04 am
Me, too... a Humvee one equipped with armor-plating.

Y'know, I shouldn't be telling a BANKER this, but for the cost of a car, you could give a down payment on that flat Walter mentioned. Very Happy You'd have the thing half-paid-for by 2012.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:17 am
Or he could buy a condo just down the road from me for the cost of 2 Mercs. A nice little place to stay in when he's here to visit with M.

Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:37 am
Actually I wanted to ask you this. How abt buying a property in Canada ?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:47 am
Nice condo on the waterfront - maybe offer it to an executive leasing firm for most of the year - nice investment. Use it yourself when you have to work in Buffalo.

Buy a car here! a nice car to drive to Buffalo in.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:09 pm
the latest survey on car prices showed that u.s. prices are now about 10% below canadian prices, and that includes fancy european imports.
importation into canada seems no longer to be a problem; you just have to fill out a few forms.
so on a $80,000 mercedes one could save a cool $8,000 - enough to serve as a downpayment on a condo.
a report on CNBC earlier this week stated that a fair number of north-american properties (both in the u.s. and in canada) are being purchased by europeans for investment purposes. the report stated that europeans think north-american properties are cheap when compared to similar european properties ... and to make it even more of a bargain, interest rates are pretty low. hbg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:14 pm
see!

good plan - property in Canada - buy the car in the U.S.

yeah yeah yeah
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:03 am
So, is it possible for a UK national to get a mortgage in Canada ? What is property appreciation like ?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:01 am
You could always go the gay ricer route. Wink

http://www.dr-zeller.com/00Images/Fun/gay_racer.jpg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:05 pm
I don't know CJ, I thought gay guys were known to have taste. That car is an abortion.

Check out the plate. "RICE PWR."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:26 pm
Yes but it's a lavender abortion! Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:31 pm
I don't think that it is very nice to make such jokes here, where the prince wanted to get real answers.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:32 pm
Can you get hammered and drive a condo?
Can you flee the police in a condo?
Can you store cheerleaders in the trunk of your condo?

No.

Go for the bitchin' wheels!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:33 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't think that it is very nice to make such jokes here, where the prince wanted to get real answers.

I swear, I didn't see your post before I wrote that.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:34 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Thank you, Mr. PC Police. Next time there is distress through tasteless jokes on one of my threads, please come answer for me and drive the crazies away.

You the man.

No, you the man...no, no...YOU the man.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:39 pm
Well, that's just my opinion. (And I've no doubt that the prince might have other ideas about it. But he isn't online, it seems.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:46 pm
Bah, I don't do PC bullshit. I had tried to be helpful earlier before you all started in about buying real estate in the great white north. Hosers.

Seriously, I'd go the Mercedes route. Speaking of abortions that's what the new BMW's look like, and the VW just isn't in the same league.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:49 pm
I like the new 5-series, love the 6-series though. The 5 had to grow on me a bit. The new 3 may as well be a Camry, it's so bland. Hopefully the coupe is edgier.

It's all about driving them...DON'T make your decision based on this poll, please. Mercedes and BMW both make amazing cars, it really comes down to driving preference, and which one makes you feel better...after all, buying a car like that is based on emotion, not logic.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:00 pm
what car to buy
...CANADA MORTGAGE AND HOUSING CORPORATION...

this website by CMHC supplies plenty of information on the canadian housing market. during the last few years there has been a strong increase in house/condo prices in almost all metropolitan areas of canada ... BUT there have have also been some spectaclular busts in the past.
a recent report indicated that house prices in toronto are finally back were they were some ten years ago after some major drop in the early '90's. in particular high-priced condos had become overpriced - i am talking of properties in the $500,000 + range - and took quite a beating.
i'm sure you are familiar with a saying attributed to will rogers re stock market investments : "buy low and sell high, and if it won't go high don't buy".
if you are serious about buying property in canada, i suggest you study the real estate section of the "globe and mail" (toronto newspaper), or discuss it with someone you can trust ... there are plenty of shady agents around in canada, just like in any other place.
INVESTIGATE BEFORE YOU INVEST (i'm sure i'm not telling you anything new). hbg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:12 pm
Don't worry, Princie, we'll set you up nicely. Very Happy

Maybe something close to Boy's Town?
JoeBlow, Buttercup, BoGoWo and I still owe you the fun tour of town.
Maybe we'll get a few of the other nearby posters like djjd, intrepid and the hamburgers to come into town at the same time.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 04:57 pm
what car
happy reading !

...GLOBE AND MAIL...REAL ESTATE SECTION...
0 Replies