Do parents secretly have a favorite son or daughter?

pragmatic

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 05:33 pm
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
If I were to tell you that I was 191cm tall, how tall would I be to you compared to your Western Asian Aussie counterparts (no not counting white people because I can list a bunch who are 200cm or even 210cm+)???

I think you would be regarded as tall, instead of average.

AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Oh well anyways my next question is then if I were to tell you that I am 191cm tall, what sport would you guess that I'd like?

Basketball? Or volleyball? I am thinking it would have to be something that tall people can play successfully and comfortably.

AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Yeah surprisingly we the Chinese has a bad football (soccer) team.I just hope that we're competing in the next World Cup/Olympics...

We were supposed to win the asian world cup against Japan as far as I know but we lost unfairly - one of their goals was via a hand knocking it in!! Evil or Very Mad

AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Ack, Pragmatic you left me to dry Sad

Oh well it's all good.

Beg your pardon? I haven't been on for a few days - busy. Sorry. Sad
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:27 pm
pragmatic wrote:

Basketball? Or volleyball? I am thinking it would have to be something that tall people can play successfully and comfortably.

Yep, you're right for basketball and no in North America there are millions of people who are my height so I probably wouldn't be a success unless if I was cheesing off by playing short people. And it doesn't help that I'm not that great.

pragmatic wrote:

We were supposed to win the asian world cup against Japan as far as I know but we lost unfairly - one of their goals was via a hand knocking it in!! Evil or Very Mad

As for football (soccer) you're right there was a post here where China did lose unfairly to Japan and I heard that ALL 3 of their goals were scored unfairly against China. However I'm actually not that upset and it's not because I'm not a soccer fan or it has anything to do with supporting with my native country. I just think because if China needs such calls to go their way then they have a long ways to go in football.

pragmatic wrote:
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Ack, Pragmatic you left me to dry Sad

Oh well it's all good.

Beg your pardon? I haven't been on for a few days - busy. Sorry. Sad

Oh and nah, sorry about that my bad. I just became a little impatient that's all. It's pretty fun being on here since I can't wait to hear from people most of the time.

Yeah I just hope some how this forum goes on IRC that would be much better. I still don't understand why it's afraid to do so though.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 03:15 pm
Unfortunately, I am the one who was loved more than my brother. I really do not like that, especially now, when I talk to my parents on the phone or msn, and they will tell me "Ur elder brother is so wierd sometimes, he is not like you at all", by which they want to let me know that I am kinda more special. I hate to hear from both sides what kind of conflicts they have in daily life, who and what did. But I cannot tell them not to tell me all that crap as well, because I fell guilty for not getting involved in my Family problems(lil ones, but anyways). All I say them at that moment is that they r cool, I love them and bro/mom actually loves you. Twisted Evil
PS. It is a regular family, no abuse and crap. those are small problems like "He left his sock on the coach" or "she did not let me go to party" Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:09 am
You're a lucky guy/girl None. As for me even though I feel I'm not "loved" by my parents. It doesn't matter to me any more whether they "love" me or not. I don't need to be loved by anybody because if I were to feel such a feeling it would only sicken me (I won't get into details).

However the point I'm trying to make here is I'll say this.... for everything that has/hasn't happened to/for me in life.... I'm thankful for every step of the way... (take it the way you think it is meant).
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:31 am
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
You're a lucky guy/girl None. As for me even though I feel I'm not "loved" by my parents. It doesn't matter to me any more whether they "love" me or not. I don't need to be loved by anybody because if I were to feel such a feeling it would only sicken me (I won't get into details).

However the point I'm trying to make here is I'll say this.... for everything that has/hasn't happened to/for me in life.... I'm thankful for every step of the way... (take it the way you think it is meant).

Actually, if you love ur siblings, and see that ur parent/s is/are not objective towards him-It hurts. I cannot sit and watch how my parents give **** to my Bro, I try to protect him...I love my brother, so does he
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:41 am
I love my brothers too, and in my family there is absolutely no favoritism - although if we're honest - we all love people in different ways. I have one brother who just makes me laugh all the time and being with him is just like coming home and I totally trust him. My other brother is not such a known quantity, and I keep my guard up in a lot of ways around him, because you know there are a lot of sick people in this world, even within what you might consider to be your own family.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:40 am
NoNe wrote:

Actually, if you love ur siblings, and see that ur parent/s is/are not objective towards him-It hurts. I cannot sit and watch how my parents give **** to my Bro, I try to protect him...I love my brother, so does he

Hmph, like what I said... lucky you... tell me... what does "love" feel like? (This is just a rhetorical question meaning don't tell me).
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:42 am
aidan wrote:
I love my brothers too, and in my family there is absolutely no favoritism - although if we're honest - we all love people in different ways. I have one brother who just makes me laugh all the time and being with him is just like coming home and I totally trust him. My other brother is not such a known quantity, and I keep my guard up in a lot of ways around him, because you know there are a lot of sick people in this world, even within what you might consider to be your own family.

I agree... to the second part of what you said.
0 Replies