@joe 2nation,
Quote:
The thumb down/up thing isn't working.

Sure it is. I just got one.
0 Replies

Mame

Mon 2 Jan, 2023 11:09 am
@jcboy,
I agree. I don't see any merit in it whatsoever other than deleting threads from your view. I've never understood why would anyone care about it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 2 Jan, 2023 11:46 am
I got my first Omicron shot today.

Mar 25, 2021 Moderna
Apr 22, 2021 Moderna
Nov 02, 2021 Janssen
Apr 04, 2022 Pfizer
Oct 31, 2022 Novavax
Jan 02, 2023 Pfizer BA.4/BA.5

I finally managed to talk them into giving me a second pneumonia shot too. I never had any trouble getting my first pneumonia shot even though I didn't "qualify". I only had to be willing to pay for it myself. But for years now, my attempts to get a second had been met with "since you're a healthy adult you need to wait until you're 65". Now when I hit 65 I'll be getting my third and fourth pneumonia shots.
engineer

Mon 2 Jan, 2023 11:54 am
@jcboy,
Reddit does the same thing except it doesn't hide the comment from the person who made it.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 03:07 am
Here's all we really need to know about the new omicron-specific injections.

Quote:
The vaccines were authorized by regulators based on safety and effectiveness data from the original COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, as well as trials of the new formulation in mice. Regulators also took into account data from human trials by Pfizer and Moderna of a similar reformulation, aimed at a previous version of Omicron, BA.1.

The original mRNA injections have been proven to be anything but safe and effective.

They don't stop transmission, and they don't stop you getting gravely ill. You also have zero chance of being compensated, when the injections cause long term damage to your health, or result in your death.

Trials on mice aren't anything like trials on mammals. Where's the trials on mammals? Their original trials on chimpanzees killed literally all participants.

If there is data from "previous trials of a similar reformulation" then let's see those data sets.

Remembering always that pfizzer attempted to have all of their data on their original mRNA injections hidden from the publicfor seventy five years. It took a court case to have that data released.

Amazing that we have to keep reminding you folks of what happened only very recently. I'm beginning to think the injections have altered your brain chemistry, despite claims from pfizzer that the injections don't travel through your bloodstream, but remain at the point of injection.

That was also a lie.

You're seemingly willing participants in your own demise.

The rest of us aren't that concerned about this, but curious as to how you're not seeing through such a simple scam attempt.
roger

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 04:23 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Trials on mice aren't anything like trials on mammals. Where's the trials on mammals?

Sure glad they took the time to find mice that aren't mammals.
Ragman

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 05:40 am
@jcboy,
Sorry to see you’re still I’ll. Hoping you have speedier complete recovery. I empathize as I’ve had some sort of non-COVID virus since Thanksgiving. At this point my partner and I have had a nagging dry cough for weeks.

It was pretty bad when it started while I just got to my vacation in Grand Caymans. Chills , temperature, aches and bad congestion. Apparently there’s a bad virus going around too as I was informed by the lab that gave us the results of our (negative) COVID tests.
izzythepush

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 06:01 am
@roger,
Not surprising, Builder doesn't know the difference between Jesus and a washed up ex football commentator and failed politician.
0 Replies

Mame

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 07:26 am
@Ragman,
There's something going around here, too. Can't tell you how many people have experienced what I am now - this horrible cold-like thing - for three solid weeks, going into a fourth. Super congestion, hacking cough (so bad my ribs hurt), fatigue... I have had to cancel just about everything, including a doctor's appt because I think it's really contagious. Nothing to be done for it except suffer through it. I hope you and your partner recover quickly. The jury's out on a timeline up here.
Builder

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 08:03 am
@roger,
Quote:
Sure glad they took the time to find mice that aren't mammals.

Awesome news roger. Would you concur?
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 08:09 am
@Builder,
Quote:
The original mRNA injections have been proven to be anything but safe and effective.

They don't stop transmission, and they don't stop you getting gravely ill. You also have zero chance of being compensated, when the injections cause long term damage to your health, or result in your death.

Trials on mice aren't anything like trials on mammals. Where's the trials on mammals? Their original trials on chimpanzees killed literally all participants.

If there is data from "previous trials of a similar reformulation" then let's see those data sets.

Remembering always that pfizzer attempted to have all of their data on their original mRNA injections hidden from the publicfor seventy five years. It took a court case to have that data released.

Amazing that we have to keep reminding you folks of what happened only very recently. I'm beginning to think the injections have altered your brain chemistry, despite claims from pfizzer that the injections don't travel through your bloodstream, but remain at the point of injection.

That was also a lie.

You're seemingly willing participants in your own demise.

The rest of us aren't that concerned about this, but curious as to how you're not seeing through such a simple scam attempt.

Even if the "good people" at Pfizer lie and cheat--which they do--these people here still see them as some kind of benevolent, friendly company. A Pfizer executive could spit right in their eye, and they'd blame themselves for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. They're so forgiving.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 08:29 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Can't tell you how many people have experienced what I am now - this horrible cold-like thing - for three solid weeks, going into a fourth. Super congestion, hacking cough (so bad my ribs hurt), fatigue...

My partner had this for three weeks. Was driving her keerazy.
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 08:42 am
@Mame,
Yes, rib soreness and diaphragm soreness too. Something’s staying there in the bronchial tubes. I feel like an old sock might have gotten lost in there. However, this NOTHING compared to real victims of more serious illnesses like JCboy. A visit to the ER is a nightmare.
jcboy

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 09:31 am
@Ragman,
You know when I first got sick I was told there was a nasty flu virus going around but my COVID test came back positive, I think I might have had a combination of both! I still have a slight cough. I ordered a dehumidifier off Amazon and placed it in the bedroom. That seemed to help some. I also had the side and back pain from coughing. I thought 8 days of COVID was bad in August, hell that was nothing compared to this!
Glennn

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 09:41 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
I think I might have had a combination of both!

You're probably right, since the test doesn't distinguish between covid and other viruses, bacteria, or other pathogens.
0 Replies

Mame

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 09:42 am
@jcboy,
Yeah, it very well could be a combination. I wondered if it was RSV, but I don't know. The fatigue is also something that is unusual as I normally have a lot of energy, but these days I'm resting or napping intermittently throughout the day. And it's striking everywhere.

Anyway, I hope we all feel a lot better soon!
izzythepush

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 10:12 am
@Mame,
This is the time of year for it.

People are indoors together, it makes a better breeding ground.

At the beginning of December I caught bronchitis and needed some really heavy duty antibiotics to sort it out.

The next rush will be in one or two weeks time after the kids go back to school with all the bugs they picked up from grandma's neighbourhood.
Mame

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 10:56 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, I got a cold last December but it only lasted a week or so. This is something completely different.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 11:04 am
@izzythepush,
It's really nuts health-wise, I had that nasal hellscape before Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Mr. g'bag did get the COVID but it happened following a treatment for prostate cancer. (28 days of radiation treatment that corrected the problem). We were expecting fatigue, but his fatigue was so deep he was tested for COVID, and bingo, he won the COVID contest. So far I haven't gotten it, hopefully I won't.......not just because it's covid but because I am sick to death of getting sick....but I still plan on making a full recovery. Stay well, folks.
izzythepush

Tue 3 Jan, 2023 11:10 am
@glitterbag,
Hope you're feeling better soon, (and Mame and JC too.)