Coronavirus

jcboy

Sun 4 Sep, 2022 12:28 pm
@Mame,
Me too! it's a strange virus how it effects people differently. All of us were positive and only I got sick. I'm okay with that, kids can fight it better than adults.
izzythepush

Sun 4 Sep, 2022 12:32 pm
@jcboy,
Maybe your antibodies are too fussy.

They won't shift unless the amino acids have just the right amount of lemon garlic dressing.

Ours make do with lard.
jcboy

Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:40 am
@izzythepush,
lol, After two vaccines and two boosters then getting COVID for eight days I should have some antibodies now. Razz

Yesterday we spent the day changing all the bedding and washing them, along with all the towels.
izzythepush

Mon 5 Sep, 2022 12:20 pm
@jcboy,
If nothing else, it's a breath of fresh air.
jcboy

Wed 7 Sep, 2022 04:00 am
@izzythepush,
You know I was planning on getting that fifth shot for the Omicron virus but the nurse practitioner I married said it wasn’t a good idea since I just got over COVID. Said I should wait at least two months before getting it.

Anyone else should plan on getting this vaccine. 90% of the patients he see’s are COVID patients, zoom meetings all day long because if they tested positive they don't want them coming in the office.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 7 Sep, 2022 04:12 am
@jcboy,
My GP wants me to wait 6 months after the infection
jcboy

Wed 7 Sep, 2022 04:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That seems like a long time to wait but who knows. I’ve been reading about it online. One article said two to four months. I don’t think anyone knows for sure. My GP said he only got one booster and said he wasn't planning on getting the second one.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 7 Sep, 2022 05:19 am
@jcboy,
Es ist wohl tatsächlich "who knows".
Walter Hinteler

Thu 8 Sep, 2022 10:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Sorry for the google translation posting!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 8 Sep, 2022 10:17 am
Our current vaccines don't protect well against the omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2. But scientists say they have produced an antibody in a mouse model that could lead to new vaccines that fight all variants.

Science Immunology: An Antibody from Single Human VH-rearranging Mouse Neutralizes All SARS-CoV-2 Variants Through BA.5 by Inhibiting Membrane Fusion
Quote:
Abstract

SARS-CoV-2 Omicron sub-variants have generated a world-wide health crisis due to resistance to most approved SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies and evasion of vaccination-induced antibodies. To manage Omicron sub-variants and prepare for potential new variants, additional means of isolating broad and potent humanized SARS-CoV-2-neutralizing antibodies are desirable. Here, we describe a mouse model in which the primary B cell receptor (BCR) repertoire is generated solely through V(D)J recombination of a human VH1-2 heavy chain (HC) and, substantially, a human Vκ1-33 light chain (LC). Thus, primary humanized BCR repertoire diversity in these mice derives from immensely diverse HC and LC antigen-contact complementarity-region-3 (CDR3) sequences generated by non-templated junctional modifications during V(D)J recombination. Immunizing the human VH1-2/Vκ1-33-rearranging mouse model with SARS-CoV-2 (Wuhan-Hu-1) spike protein immunogens elicited several VH1-2/Vκ1-33-based neutralizing antibodies that bound RBD in a different mode from each other and from those of many prior human patient-derived VH1-2-based neutralizing antibodies. Of these, SP1-77 potently and broadly neutralized all SARS-CoV-2 variants through BA.5. Cryo-EM studies revealed that SP1-77 bound RBD away from the receptor-binding-motif via a CDR3-dominated recognition mode. Lattice-light-sheet-microscopy-based studies showed that SP1-77 did not block ACE2-mediated viral attachment or endocytosis, but rather blocked viral-host membrane fusion. The broad and potent SP1-77 neutralization activity and non-traditonal mechanism of action suggest this antibody might have therapeutic potential. Likewise, the SP1-77 binding epitope may further inform on vacccine strategies. Finally, the general class of humanized mouse models we have described may contribute to identifying therapeutic antibodies against future SARS-CoV-2 variants and other pathogens.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 8 Sep, 2022 02:22 pm
Yesterday I went to Walgreens to get three vaccinations, COVID booster, flu, and shingles. I had gone in to get the new bivalent vaccine booster for COVID. I only have one booster for COVID and the pharmacist suggested I get another original vaccine booster, wait two months and then get the new bivalent vaccine booster.
roger

Thu 8 Sep, 2022 02:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
I've got two vaccinations and two boosters. I'm totally confused about what is best to do now. Maybe, just nothing?
Region Philbis

Thu 8 Sep, 2022 04:57 pm
@roger,

i believe you qualify for the new omicron booster if it's been two months since your previous one.

but check with your doc, obviously...
jcboy

Fri 9 Sep, 2022 02:55 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I've got two vaccinations and two boosters. I'm totally confused about what is best to do now. Maybe, just nothing?

After what I went through with two vaccines and two boosters I would not wait and I would get the shot, of course since I had COVID for eight days I can't get the shot for a few months.
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 9 Sep, 2022 12:44 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

You know in a week I have a home inspector coming out, our homeowners insurance is requiring the inspection. I already told them if he comes knocking on my door without a mask he came out for nothing because he’s not coming in the house!

So this inspector came out, took pictures of the new roof, electrical box and plumbing under the kitchen sink and bathroom sinks. And he wore a mask so I couldn't toss him out! Cool
Mame

Fri 9 Sep, 2022 01:18 pm
@jcboy,
I've never had a house inspection by an insurance company... not in the four homes I've owned.
jcboy

Fri 9 Sep, 2022 02:09 pm
@Mame,
It’s because we live in a high fire area so they try their best to harass you until your sick of them and switch insurance companies. I’ve never even had a claim with any insurance company.
roger

Fri 9 Sep, 2022 02:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks to both you and jcboy.
Mame

Fri 9 Sep, 2022 04:16 pm
@jcboy,
Buggers! Are they raising your rates?
jcboy

Fri 9 Sep, 2022 05:21 pm
@Mame,
They did on the last bill by a little over 500 bucks. Still cheaper than any other insurance company
0 Replies