Coronavirus

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 05:55 am
Tony Blair blasts unvaccinated 'idiots' as fears grow over spread of Omicron variant

Quote:
"Frankly, if you're not vaccinated at the moment and you're eligible, and you've got no health reasons for not being unvaccinated, you're not just irresponsible. You're an idiot."
Walter Hinteler

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 06:05 am
@hightor,
On BBC Radio 4 Blair later said: "Possibly I was a little too undiplomatic in my use of language."
roger

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 11:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Maybe, but there is no confusion over what he said.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 05:45 am
Anger over mask mandates, other covid rules, spurs states to curb power of public health officials

Republican lawmakers pass laws to restrict the power of health authorities to require masks, promote vaccinations and take other steps to protect the public health.
Region Philbis

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 05:49 am
@hightor,

they are methodically killing off their base...

#Freedumb
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:45 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

G'day. 22/12/21

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVl5OkHcvf4[/youtube]

Did anyone (besides me) watch this video? It is quite interesting and informed.

Australia is accepting that some percentage of Australians are never going to get vaccinated, and the are moving to manage hospitalizations.

The doctor in this video points out that there are advantages to having some proportion of the population infected to develop natural immunity, and that Australia's approach seems to be reasonable (and so far working).

I am impressed to see an expert, respected voice make these points... and even more to see it supported on this thread.

I like this guy, and I watched a few of his latest videos. Thank you Eurocelticyankee.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 07:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The doctor in this video points out that there are advantages to having some proportion of the population infected to develop natural immunity, and that Australia's approach seems to be reasonable (and so far working).

I am impressed to see an expert, respected voice make these points... and even more to see it supported on this thread.
John Cambell is British (he resides in Carlisle, UK), and his Ph.D. in nursing education.

="maxdancona" wrote:
I like this guy, and I watched a few of his latest videos.

Indeed, lately his channel is widely quoted by anti-vaccination activists.
izzythepush

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 08:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for that, I've long suspected Max was an anti vaccination activist, now he's confirmed it.
maxdancona

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 08:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Did you watch the video Walter?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 08:48 am
@izzythepush,
Hold on a minute Izzy, Dr Campbell is not anti-vac. He's vaccinated himself and not once did i hear him speak against vaccination, on the contrary.

Now obviously he's not educated or clever enough for Walter (who is) with a mere Ph.D in nursing education but all he's doing is appraising the ongoing situation through stats and news available to everybody.

I find him reasoned and informative and so apparently I'm anti-vac even though I'm vaccinated.

Only today my daughter, her partner and my 7 month old granddaughter have tested positive for co-vid via an antigen test , probably omicron, thankfully they're not too bad.
They're going to get a PCR test as soon as possible but they think they more than likely have had it for a week or more.

I'm not anti-vac and neither is the good doctor.
izzythepush

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 08:53 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Someone with a PhD in teaching nurses is clearly very well educated, but they're not a expert on epidemiology.

If, as Walter has pointed out, they're widely quoted in anti vaxx circles they can't be doing much good in stopping the spread of Covid.

I never called you anything, Max however has a long track record of saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 08:56 am
@izzythepush,
My point is more about "The doctor in this video" and "I am impressed to see an expert, respected voice make these points".

His Ph.D. is in nursing education and "focused on the development of open learning resources for nurses nationally and internationally".
His last job was a senior lecturer in nursing studies at the University of Cumbria.
(Quotes in second paragraph from Dr. Cambell's youtube-channel.)
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 09:04 am
@izzythepush,
I wouldn't know Izzy I don't hang around anti vaxx circles.

Look the anti-vac brigade will quote anything that can be twisted to fit their narrative, they're not alone there.
I'm sure they've quoted more eminent scientists as well.
So should we disregard anybody who's been quoted by some anti-vac nut.

Only last month they were caught here using the names of the recently deceased. They got their names of our RIP website and claimed a lot of them had died from vaccination. They were exposed but they don't care.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 09:10 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Look the anti-vac brigade will quote anything that can be twisted to fit their narrative, they're not alone there.
I totally agree. (Re Cambell: Meaghan Kall, the Lead Epidemiologist at the UK Health Security Agency, said that Campbell was confusing causation and correlation when posting the video with Covid-19 misinformation which was/is praised by the anti-vaccers)

Best wishes for your daughter, her partner and grandchild!
eurocelticyankee

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 09:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'll check that out Walter, I started watching him in the middle of December and I didn't hear much wrong with what he said.
Overly optimistic, probably.

Thanks Walter, please excuse my bitchy response.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 10:19 am
Data from Great Britain once again show that vaccination is worthwhile. According to the data, unvaccinated people have a 60-fold higher risk of ending up in intensive care compared with vaccinated people.

This is the conclusion of the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC), an organisation that analyses hospital data
>link<
maxdancona

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 10:58 am
Let's talk about what happened here.

1) There are sane, educated, experts who both support vaccines and question the efficacy of vaccine mandates. Dr. Cambell made a video that did exactly that, and Eurocelticyankee posted it here.

2) Izzy did the Izzy thing, and Walter kind of limped along (as he does). There is no evidence that either of them even watched the video.

3) I find the idea that we should hide facts because it might "help the anti-vaxxers" to be particularly ridiculous. Facts are facts. It isn't right to hide or inflate them for any reason (even if it is to fight White Supremacy or whatever crusade Izzy happens to be on today).

Dr. Campbell posted a video suggesting that it the "Australia protocol" where vaccines are suggested but not forced and hospitalization rates are carefully measured may be a good idea.

I don't think this makes him an anti-vaxxer.

0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 11:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
My daughter who has co-vid got one jab Pfizer and ended up in A&E with severe chest pains and difficulty breathing.
I'm assuming myopericarditis. She was grand after a couple of weeks but there is no way I can convince her to get a second jab.

Our Dr Campbell friend brought up the subject of aspiration suggesting aspirating co-vid injections.
He held up if I remember rightly Denmark as an example. They aspirate and according to him have lower incidents of chest & breathing problems after vaccination.

Then you look into it and as usual you have the experts arguing with each other over the merits of aspiration.
As usual they're all right and will defend their opinion to the death.
You can't win.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 27 Dec, 2021 11:13 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Denmark has recorded the highest number of daily coronavirus cases since the start of the pandemic with 16,164 new infection cases in the past 24 hours.
The figure released by Danish health authorities today broke the previous daily record set in the Scandinavian country only on Sunday when 14,844 new infections were documented.

Although hospital admissions are rising, they remain below the level seen in January's wave largely thanks to the protection of vaccines, but seven people infected with COVID-19 died in the past 24 hours. That put the total death toll in Denmark at 3,217, officials said.