Coronavirus

Walter Hinteler

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, our health insurance could perhaps be modernised, but the continued payment of wages in the event of illness ("sick pay") is part of our labour law - since more than 50 years now.
edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You mean in Germany?
Walter Hinteler

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes. (And similar to our system in Austria as well.)
edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Ok. I was just talking a situation in the US.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:53 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/232557564_10159722019701528_7543225350608330536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-4&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=V4-RhwDXElEAX_5N1XL&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=cfac586bd903c0803746272e691c0160&oe=61311C40
Walter Hinteler

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 01:37 pm
Public Health England (PHE) suspects that people infected with the delta variant are highly contagious - regardless of their vaccination status. This is reported by the "Guardian".

Initial findings showed that the viral load in vaccinated people who tested positive due to vaccine breakthrough was as high as in unvaccinated Delta-infected people, according to the paper, a statement from PHE said.

It comes after the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention yesterday advised vaccinated people to get tested if they come into contact with someone with Covid-19, even if they have no symptoms.

Vaccination may not affect Delta infectiousness levels, UK officials suggest
0 Replies

Mame

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Interesting. I haven't heard of anyone blaming immigrants.
edgarblythe

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 03:27 pm
@Mame,
You probably haven't been in Texas or Florida lately.
Mame

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 03:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Uh, not since this pandemic started, no. Those states are crazy anyway. I just hope they don't come up here - oh wait - they can't. Only vaccinated Americans are allowed in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:26 pm
The Lambda and Epsilon variants may be a reason for a lockdown worldwide.
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/08/new-covid-variants-epsilon-lambda-may-be-resistant-to-vaccines-early-lab-studies-show.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 9 Aug, 2021 09:03 pm
Houston's LBJ hospital has erected tents for the overflow of patients.
glitterbag

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 10:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
On the news earlier : The Governors of Florida and Texas are now asking for assistance from the Federal Government to help them deal with the surge in COVID hospitalizations. The same anti-big government hypocrites who tried to prevent parents and businesses from enforcing mandates to wear masks......and suggested that the vaccines are bogus ....Yeah those two guys...absolutely shameless.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 11:00 pm
We may not get herd immunity but we are definitely thinning the herd.
Albuquerque

Wed 11 Aug, 2021 12:15 am
@edgarblythe,
The spread of a virus or many of the things that spread from words to memes to cultural trends has nothing to do with immigrants. The mathematical form is the same even in non living things like dust or rain...
You shouldn't spent your mental energy even addressing or educating people that think on those narrow lines. While they are not at fault for being dumb they are beyond any attempt at communication.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 11 Aug, 2021 01:33 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

We may not get herd immunity but we are definitely thinning the herd.

Too many meat heads are gambling it won't be them, they are risking their lives betting it's going to cull out the elderly and people with underlying conditions. Oh no, it won't be them, because they are too smart to ever get old and too savvy to have an underlying health issue. They are the nitwits who wallow in whatever is good in this country yet refuse to behave in a responsible way because it's inconvenient....other people can do that for them.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 11 Aug, 2021 02:22 pm

The CDC endorses Covid vaccinations during pregnancy
(nyt)
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 12:27 am
For those who still think Immigrants are the problem I would suggest a Trump solution:

1 - Build a wall around your house and don't migrate out of it for nothing nor let anyone in.

2 - Stop selling or buying from anybody else as you are forcing "migration" of dangerous stuff into your living area.

3 - Make your food, your clothes, your shoes and design your own computer at home with 20 meters web around the house. and don't forget don't go to the internet so your ideas cannot migrate anywhere else either!

4 - If you have a grandfather or grandmother that came from another country be it dead or alive send the ashes back to the original country or deport the hell out of your non American family!

Finally I am all in favour of America for the Americans and even in favour of the Trumpets for Trump country and the civilized developed America for the civilized developed multi cultural Americans. Give independence to New York and other similar places! I might even get to visit after that separation becomes clear!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 05:07 am
Quote:
Biden administration expected to advise Covid booster shots for most Americans

... most Americans should get Covid booster shots eight months after becoming fully vaccinated ...
(cnn)
Walter Hinteler

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
Texas officials ask US government for mortuary trucks as Covid cases rise
roger

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 02:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I kind of think Texas deserves a little help when they get on board with vaccines and masks. Till then, they can keep their greedy hands out of my pockets.