43-18=25 yrs apart will it work?

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:21 pm
Man, this is a disaster just waiting to happen. If you absolutely must, get your jollies off on one another, but don't expect anything real to result of this. He's playing you like a game of checkers.

Although it would be awesome if you had your father meet him instead of you at the rendevous point. That would be SO great.
0 Replies

bright smile

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 11:30 pm
He is coming back...... And he is going to quit his little "habit"
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:04 am
OK, let me see if I can say this in a polite manner.
He wants to get laid and he WILL NOT quit his habit. If he's been a pot head this long your ass isn't going to stop him.
And, more than likely, you will be a pothead with him. I hope you had no plans for the future.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:16 am
bright_smile, this guy is bottom of the barrel loser. get with a normal healthy relationship.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:35 am
<Heavy sigh>

Bright_smile, where has he been staying since he left? I can only imagine he hasn't been able to find anyone else to mooch off of and sees you as an easy meal ticket. There's no way in hell this guy has your best interests at heart. There are takers and there are givers in this world. It's nice when two givers get together and form a relationship. It's sad when a giver gets sucked in by a taker. The end result can only be pain. You do not need this man in your life!
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 11:20 am
43-18.....
Bright_Smile: Shocked Please.do whatever is necessary to keep Bozo at arm's length. Do not get within 1 million miles of this guy. The age difference is the least worry. His substance abuse will drag you into a life of drug use,or at the very least, co-dependence. He may also use other substances besides pot. What would you do if he is high and hurts you or your family? He probably drives under the influence,too. With or without the drugs,he could be so messed up psychologically,your life would be a misery.
Please consider Al-Anon,or
any other helping group that offers help for the families,friends,loved ones of substance abusers.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 04:44 pm
hey gang, ya think she's going to take our advice? Nah Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees in looooooooooooooooove . We are just like her parents. We don't know anything and she knows everything. She may (I doubt it) see the light after her has drug her down to the pits of hell and then wants to know why her life sucks. I say if she continues with this guy she gets what she desirves and then she can cry on some prison pillow because thats where this jerk will take her. Ah, what do I know.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:21 pm
You may be right ralpheb, but this isn't what she deserves. He is using his age to take advantage of her. She is young and easily manipulated...it's not her fault.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:24 pm
Ralpheb: Good grief,man,chill for 5 minutes!!!
Bright_smile must have serious doubts about this guy,or she wouldn't have asked a group of strangers for help. I would hope she'd do what was necessary to end this before it goes further.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:27 pm
Bright_smile: Hope you at least think about what we've said. Also,if he leaves his drugs hidden away at your house,you might be liable for arrest if the police assume they are your drugs!!!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:41 pm
bright_smile,
Have you sat down and written out on a piece of paper the pros and cons of being with him?
I know it sounds a bit silly, but give it a try. It works for tough decisions, because it helps us to see the facts when we are wrapped up in emotions.

Just draw a big T on the page, and on one side write all the reasons why it is good for him to be in your life. On the other side, write all the reasons why it is not good for him to be around.
For example:
Plus: I feel like I love him.
Minus: He has drug problems.

Good luck. Please give this a try. Be honest. You aren't stuck in this situation. You can still change your mind at any time.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 08:56 pm
If there was no one else on the planet, even then this guy would be a poor choice.

Get out while the gettin' good, bright_smile. There is no happy ending for this story.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 12:52 pm
M first love was a person of 40, when I was 19. It did not work out. He was very, very "Mature". He looked very young, he is type of a guy you will look at and never hink he is 30, he goes to beauty salons and gets facial, uses creams home and blah blah, so he looks like he is at his late 20s. But, His attitude. Hes like all those adults, seemed me like that at least. He would never go clubbing with me, instead he would like to stay home and watch TV or read books. He would remind me to have a seat belt on every time we are in the car, he would remind me what to do, which hated. I think he treated me like as if I was his daughter. Well, it is very important that u guy are equal in relationship, which does not work when there is a 25 year difference between you. Do not do the mistake ou will regret. You should not lose ur virginity to an old guy, excuse me.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 07:16 pm
Bright_smile I'm a little worried about your situation, it didn't sound like a good idea to begin with and you probably weren't to sure either. When your relationship started i'm sure it was fun but things turned for the worse quick. Your only 18 and you don't need this person shapeing your view of love as this is exactly what he is doing. Even if things weren't as bad as you say they are, this isn't a relationship you will be able to end, he's had many years of practice and knows exactly how to shape a naieve young heart. I hate to say it but you've barely even touched the iceberg, in fact i'm affraid for your well being as he knows exactly where your house is and has slept there. I hate to see you being manipulated and you probably even know it. You may think you know what manipulative is but you have no idea, just see what happens should you try and put the point across that things are over, not well I don't like how things are, flat out pull his claws out and see what happens.

I am honestly affraid for you
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:31 am
Hi, I was in a relationship with an age gap of almost 20 years. We had a beautiful relationship, but in the end, age DID get in the way. I don't recommend it unless you're in it for the right reasons and understand that eventually the age will play a difference and affect things you did't expect to be affected when you were in the "infatuation" stage of it all.
0 Replies

bright smile

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 03:58 pm
Well, he has cleaned up his act and we are geting married January-25-06, not to mention I'm "expecting".
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:17 pm
Re: 43-18=25 yrs apart will it work?
bright_smile wrote:
I first met Kevin (not using his real name) when I was 16 online over the summer...

Are you out of your mind? You would actually meet this loser? Sounds like you are in for some kind of miserable life and just asking for it.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:24 pm
bright_smile wrote:
Well, he has cleaned up his act and we are geting married January-25-06, not to mention I'm "expecting".

Sounds to me like this whole story is complete bullshit. I cannot imagine that there is anyone on the planet this stupid. Maybe you can sell this story to the Springer type shows but I am not buying it.

If, and I hope to God I am right, I am wrong and the story is true, it is not too late to get an abortion. Do it and dump this loser.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 05:26 pm
some people don't belive in abortion...and even if they do, it is a personal choice, and not one that you should claim she should make. However, there are options besides marrying this guy. Have you considered your options which include, adoption, raising the child solo, or abortion? Do not make the mistake of believing that just because your pregnant that he would be a good father. It doesn't even sound like he's an adult. Please bright-smile, think of your future.
0 Replies