Is eating too much pizza and calzones bad for you?

hightor

Wed 7 Oct, 2020 12:07 pm
If you're eating too much of anything it's bad for you by definition. That's what "too much" means.
0 Replies

Real Music

Thu 8 Oct, 2020 09:05 pm
@laughoutlood,
Quote:
He's gone.

1. I presume that you are referring to JGoldman10.

2. I know he has said some things that he shouldn't have said.

3. Even after him saying the things that he has said to me, I actually don't have any animosity toward him.

4. I hope he is doing okay.

5. I actually would like to see him return.

6. I also would like to see him join in some of these discussions on other peoples threads.

7. A2k has so many different threads and topics from so many different members.
I'm sure some of those topics and threads he might actually enjoy being part of the open discussions.

8. I am almost certain that he might get some enjoyment in joining discussions on other members threads.
He just have to give it a chance.

9. Although I am not I necessarily interested in most of JGoldman10 threads, he has started a few threads that I found to be interesting.

10. I really do hope that he is doing okay.
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 01:14 am
@Real Music,
I think you’re right. He has had a very sheltered upbringing and would benefit from getting out of his bubble of fundamentalist religion, comics and remedial housework.

Unfortunately I can’t see it happening, he’s like a cult member who would rather listen to the cult hierarchy than reason.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 02:20 pm
@Real Music,
Until recently, I was in contact with JG via email after his presumed suspension here.

He does want to apologize to some of the members here, but he hasn't exactly learned from his mistakes.

I tried getting him to engage in more casual discussions not related to his career or research (movie topics and such) but he didn't care for it.

Long story short, he didn't like me bringing up some of his personal flaws and he defended his use of the n-word. I ended up blocking him in my email a few days ago after he became more aggressive.
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 03:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I can’t say I’m surprised. Did he say how long he was suspended for?
Rebelofnj

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 03:39 pm
@izzythepush,
He didn't say and I didn't ask.

I presumed he was suspended since he stopped posting here for weeks. He was suspended and banned from several websites, so that is likely.

Like I said, I stopped communicating with him after he started making more homophobic and racist remarks. Mind you, this was not on a public forum but in a private email exchange. I'm not going to deal with his bigotry anymore.
izzythepush

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 03:46 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You don’t have to, and I think you’ve done more than enough for him as it is.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 04:34 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I am very, very sorry for my part in it. Please forgive me.
Rebelofnj

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 04:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
All is forgiven. I do not blame you at all. That one thread didn't turn JG into a bigot overnight. He has been behaving that way for months, if not years.

If anything, I blame myself for not cutting ties earlier.
0 Replies