Is eating too much pizza and calzones bad for you?

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 02:35 pm
Hi. I am curious. Since my mother has been away, I have been keeping my self busy with housework and taking of other business. I explained in another thread what happened and that I still have a lot of decluttering to do.

I haven't always had time to run down to my local plaza and buy groceries. There are places I can go to get free food but I haven't made the time to go over to these places to pick the food up. I have to call one such place and make sure that the business of me having the proper I.D. that I need is squared away.

Since I haven't always had the time to go out and get food, I have ordered pizza and/or calzones.

I don't know how many I have ordered and consumed since my mother has been away but it's been a bunch. She's been away for about 3 months as of the time of the posting of this thread.

I have often ordered pizza and/or calzones because I either haven't had enough time to go out and get food, or because there's a scarcity of food and I am waiting on getting my clothes together and I need to eat something, or because once in a while I am not up to cooking anything.

Some people I know told me they put sugar in pizza crust. I presume they do that to the bread they make calzones with too.

Is eating too much pizza and calzones bad?

I am not an expert on diet and nutrition. I know I need to be eating healthier. Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 15 • Views: 11,609 • Replies: 48
Topic Closed

JGoldman10

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 02:42 pm
I thought about ordering Chinese food but I really didn't want to bother. I prefer ordering food online.

It is a lot easier to order food from a restaurant online, and some pizza places are open late at night.

If eating too much pizza and calzones is bad and if I do need to order delivery food, what food can I order in the place of pizza and calzones that is healthier?

I have ordered salad, pasta and sandwiches from Dominoes and Pizza Hut.

Please help. Thank you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 03:02 pm
Too much of any type of food can be dangerous. You indicated salads at times, which is good.

Pizza and calzones as well as Chinese food can have high levels of sodium which can cause your blood pressure to become dangerously high.
JGoldman10

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 03:32 pm
@Sturgis,
What about the sugar content?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 03:57 pm
@Sturgis,
Is there something wrong with ordering pasta?
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 04:40 pm
There is no such thing as too much pizza.
JGoldman10

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 04:47 pm
@oralloy,
Eating things in moderation won't harm you. I am taking about eating pizza and calzones excessively.
oralloy

Fri 31 Jan, 2020 04:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don't comprehend the concept of excess when it comes to pizza.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 1 Feb, 2020 07:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
These things are health foods, how can they be bad for one.
JGoldman10

Sun 2 Feb, 2020 01:40 am
@RABEL222,
What are you referring to as "health foods"? Pizza and calzones? They make the crusts with sugar.
izzythepush

Sun 2 Feb, 2020 12:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Healthy sugar.
JGoldman10

Sun 2 Feb, 2020 09:29 pm
@izzythepush,
What "healthy sugar"? Cane sugar? Too much sugar is bad for you.
izzythepush

Mon 3 Feb, 2020 02:26 am
@JGoldman10,
Healthy sugar from healthy Harry's health shop/kiosk.
0 Replies

JessicaPerry

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 06:54 am
@JGoldman10,
But, unfortunately, it's the ultimate indulgence. According to Eat This, Not That, pizza is one of the biggest culprits of saturated fat in the American diet. Saturated fats are dangerous to the heart, as they can clog arteries and put you at risk of heart disease among other ailments.
JGoldman10

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 04:36 pm
@JessicaPerry,
Is that what makes pizza and calzones addictive, or is it the sugar they make with them? Or both?
glitterbag

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 09:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Is that what makes pizza and calzones addictive, or is it the sugar they make with them? Or both?

Goldman....I added a recipe for pizza dough so you can see what's in the dough. I'm not suggesting you try to make one at home, just letting you know whats in the dough.

You can look up the science of baking (yes, there is a science) and see that the small amount of sugar keeps the dough from baking into a hard, unchewable disc. The small amount of sugar and salt are necessary to allow the dough to stay flavorful and to brown appropriately.

Ingredients for homemade pizza crust:

2-2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour¹ divided (250-295g)
1 packet instant yeast² (2 1/4 teaspoon)
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and/or dried basil leaves optional
2 Tablespoons olive oil + additional
3/4 cup warm water³ (175ml)

Sponsored by Advertising Partner
Sponsored Video
See More
JGoldman10

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 11:37 pm
@glitterbag,
I know a young woman who says she makes her own pizza, because she knows fast food pizza companies produce their pizza with sugar.
glitterbag

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:22 am
@JGoldman10,
Goldman, it has to have a small amount of sugar and salt. Otherwise you get a flat tasteless lump of cardboard.....If you don't understand what I have explained to you, just scrape the toppings of the next pizza you order on to the cardboard box and then eat it that way ...... ask your friend if she believes the paper mills add sugar to the cardboard they manufacture.
JGoldman10

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:31 am
@glitterbag,
Excuse me for not reading what you posted. I apologize.
glitterbag

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:34 am
@JGoldman10,
For God's sake Goldman, read before you write...Dang