6

Is eating too much pizza and calzones bad for you?

JGoldman10

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:37 am
@glitterbag,
I think the young lady I'm referring to said she doesn't make her pizza crust with sugar. She told me her mother is a diabetic.

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:40 am
@JGoldman10,
OK, enough with the nonsense.
JGoldman10

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:53 am
@glitterbag,
What "nonsense"? I asked the young lady if she knew that fast food pizza franchises put sugar in the crust of their pizza. She said yes and that's why she makes her own pizza crust. She said he mom is a diabetic. I'm not making this up.

I was just making small talk with her when I saw her at my local supermarket.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:17 am
@JGoldman10,
I took time out of my life to explain to you why a tiny bit of sugar is necessary when baking bread, pizza dough, cake, biscuits....only to improve the baking process....ok, cake has more but it won't develop a brown top without a tiny bit of sugar.

I'm happy you struck up some chit chat with diabetes RN but I doubt if you understood what she actually meant. I took some of my time to look up information that apparently you are too busy to check out yourself.

The nonsense I'm annoyed about is this lazy attitude you have about fact-finding. So, as I'm not getting any younger, and I would like to spend my time doing pleasant things...I'm putting you back on ignore because you have become a pest.

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:23 am
@JGoldman10,
Pizza dough is a bread, it requires yeast to make it rise. Yeast is a living organism, it needs something to eat otherwise it won’t produce any gas and make the bread rise.

The sugar is for the yeast, no sugar no risen bread.

2  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:25 am
and for creating a tasty brownish patina.....

JGoldman10

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:29 am
@glitterbag,
The young lady works in a supermarket. She isn't a nurse.

Thank you for the info you shared about pizza dough.

JGoldman10

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:39 am
@RABEL222,
A quick Google search says:

"Though many frozen and fast-food varieties (of pizza) tend to be high in calories, fat, sodium and other unhealthy ingredients, pizza can be made healthier."

Fast-food pizza is called "junk food" for a reason.

Another Google search says:

"Calzones aren't exactly healthy food, especially if they are stuffed with meat and large amounts of cheese. A calzone typically uses the same amount of pizza dough as a pizza crust and is meant to serve four people. Eating a whole calzone yourself can mean eating more than your recommended calories for the day."
Sturgis

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 04:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
However, for healthier eating, one can have a vegetarian filled calzone.
JGoldman10

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:25 pm
@Sturgis,
Yes I order those.
Sturgis

1  
Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well, that's good. You're at least making an effort to eat a little healthier.