i need help to know how to not feel like this

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:27 am
hi i’m a teenage girl and just don’t know what i feel like most of the time. It’s not happy or sad or nervous, it’s like i’m feeling nothing and it angers me a lot to the point where whenever i think what am i feeling it usually ends in me crying, and at times when i can feel something which is usually being sad or nervous i find it relieving. Should i be worried?

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:36 am
@ctliemer,
I think you're okay.

Note: I am not a doctor. But I've been a teenaged girl (it's been a while Smile).

These are years with changes, ennui, angst, anxiety, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. They do pass.

In the meantime, know that there are other people who are likely going through similar emotional issues. You're not alone; it's pretty normal to be kind of all over the place right now.

Knowing yourself is huge at any age. Might I suggest either art or diarying? You may find either a relief and a record of how you've been feeling. They're constructive ways to address your feelings. Exercise is another constructive way to handle how you feel. Listen to music, talk with friends, etc.

And you can just have a good cry at times, too. There's nothing at all wrong with that, and it could bring you relief.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:42 am
@ctliemer,
Let me suggest that you find something worthwhile to do like volunteering to help in an animal shelter or learning to knit — give yourself something to think about that isn't so self-focused. Don't be afraid to talk to a counselor if you have those sorts of services available in your school.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 08:24 am
@ctliemer

An important part of life (at any age) is to learn what to give a **** about and what not to.

It sounds like you are in the condition of 'not knowing this'. It is the normal state of mind when in this situation. Many accept it as Normal and live perfectly 'normal' lives. If you find this condition unacceptable, tackle the task I stated above. It is the only antidote for your condition that I know of and it will absolutely keep you occupied for years to come.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 09:35 am
I agree with all of the above. Me too - I am not a doctor, therapist, etc. but I have been a teen girl - I currently have a teen girl (who is going through alot emotionally) and I have a daughter that recently grew out of her teenage years.

It is tough being a teen. In more emotional ways especially a teen girl. One thing and it may seem like this will take forever - it will get better as you get a bit older. It is normal not to know what you want to do. It is normal as a teen girl to cry a lot - I mean your physical being, hormones, etc. are changing and adjusting. So (I know this is easier said than done) but try not to worry about this angst. Someone suggested volunteering - that is not a bad idea - or get involved at something at your school (or outside) that you enjoy - if you don't know what you would enjoy - try something new - a club at school for example...if you end up not liking it you can quit and try another.

One other last thought - if you feel really bad, reach out to your school's guidance counselor - and even better if your school has something like an adjustments counselor. My daughter had when she was having issues - these counselors are there for a reason - sometimes your teenage years can really make you down or feel blah - maybe just speaking to someone like this may at least make you feel like you are "normal" and not worry so much.

I do love that you reached out -- if even on a forum like this. And hopefully this gives you a little peace of mind. As a mom of a girl teen I do care.
0 Replies