What are Squirrel Girl's weaknesses?

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 10:48 am
@Rebelofnj,
Do you think my mother and Christian penpal were trying to control me?

I wouldn't say I was working with my penpal. He is an author - he has his own thing going for him.

I contact him and my other Christian penpal, the guy from Europe, mainly when I have questions and I want to discuss stuff.

My American penpal approached ME first. He contacted me via email to discuss the toons and comics I said I wanted to develop when he saw some of the questions I posted on Yahoo! Answers.

That is how we met.

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 11:05 am
@JGoldman10,
Do you any specific examples of what shows/movies/comics you like?
All you said is "some current movies", "some current TV shows", and Jax Jones.

Have you read any Squirrel Girl comics (going back to the original question)? The recent series ended with its 50 issue.
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/celebrating-the-end-of-an-era-with-unbeatable-squirrel-girl-50

I never claimed that your mother is controlling you, but she does seem to influence your decisions on what to do with your life.

Quote:
The Mario franchise is still one of the biggest video game franchises in the world.

That is a well known fact. Everyone knows who Mario is. No need to state the obvious.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 02:52 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay, what about my American Christian penpal?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 02:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
I barely know anything about your penpal.

You seem to rely on his input and advice on whether you should work on your project.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The point my mother and penpal were making is Christians are not supposed to attract the WORLD to make money. We aren't supposed to be doing everything worldly people do.

We aren't supposed to compromise being Christians and "sell out" to make a lot of money.

My mother and penpal were concerned about me doing something that was demonic or ungodly or too worldly.

Violent stuff doesn't glorify God.

The Holy Spirit wouldn't have led my mother to talk to me about the material I wanted to develop if what I was doing was right.

I think the same could be said about my penpal.

Do you know who George Beverly Shea is?

He was a Christian pianist and singer. He was given an opportunity to make it big as a secular entertainer in show biz, for some worldly radio station. He would have had a lot of money and he would have had his own entertainment show for secular TV. He turned it down and decided to work as a pianist and singer for Billy Graham.

Donny Swaggart talked about this on one of his music-related programs on SBN.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
You have mentioned many times that you "would like to showcase [your artwork] online in video from and in other formats, on as many platforms as [you] can and capitalize off of them." You have said that in many of your questions.

In order to that, you need to attract a wide audience to make money.

And how exactly are you going to get people to watch your videos (so that you can get money) instead of other online videos made by independent creators and major studios?
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:27 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't understand the question.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
How are you going to get people to watch your videos? It isn't a hard question. Will you use social media to market your videos? Or will you hope on good word of mouth? And why should people watch your videos instead of someone else's videos?

You have also ignored my other question:
Do you any specific examples of what shows/movies/comics you like?
All you said is "some current movies", "some current TV shows", and Jax Jones.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I didn't understand the last part of your question.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'll pray and ask the Lord what to do. I am not an expert on this stuff.

The advice my mother gave me was to pray and ask the Lord what it is He wants me to do for a career.Pray and ask the Lord what my calling is. I know I have said I wanted to produce cartoons and comics, but is that what I am supposed to be doing?

My mother said I am being disobedient to to Holy Spirit.

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
Can you specify which part of the question is confusing?

You probably should have figured out or received an answer from God on what you are supposed to do before spending years asking questions regarding your animation projects.

I have tried to help you, but I don't know if you are committed to doing these projects if you are feeling doubts on what to do
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:56 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

And how exactly are you going to get people to watch your videos (so that you can get money) instead of other online videos made by independent creators and major studios?

That is the part of the question that is throwing me off.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 02:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
Let me rephrase:

How are you going to compete against the other popular and successful online shows?
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 02:07 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Given my personal situation which I have told you about, it was difficult for me to get any kind of professional career going.

Yes, I should have prayed and asked the Lord what it is He wants me to do for a career, what I was still bent on getting on getting a cartoon and/or comics career going because that is what I wanted to do. I am still praying about this and I haven't heard an answer.

Christians are supposed to glorify God no matter what they do.

Do you think any of the toons and/or comics I wanted to develop and produce glorify God? Do you think they are going to sway audiences, especially kids, to want to get Saved?

I don't think there is anything wrong with attracting large audiences if it means they are going to be encouraged to give their lives over to Christ.

Since my brother and mother are away I can focus on this after I finish getting my house in order.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 02:10 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Let me rephrase:

How are you going to compete against the other popular and successful online shows?

I never thought about that. If I can produce cartoon and comics videos that generate at least a million views each I am happy.

Not everyone who produces cartoon and comics videos to be shown online has a series going.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 02:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Do you think any of the toons and/or comics I wanted to develop and produce glorify God?

I can't give you an answer. You haven't shared any recent details of your projects. The only details I know are that they are apparently inspired by Golden Age cartoons.

You also mentioned that you haven't been inspired by any Christian works. So how would you know if your project will bring people to Christ if you haven't seen any Christian works to see how they did it?
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 03:29 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I can't give you an answer. You haven't shared any recent details of your projects. The only details I know are that they are apparently inspired by Golden Age cartoons.

And classic cartoon shows, classic cartoon movies and other old cartoon shorts.

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 03:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
That still hasn't answered any of my questions.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 03:51 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't really pay attention to pop culture that much, especially current pop culture. I don't really keep up with such trends. I was never really into trends.

You didn't answer my question - do you know who George Beverly Shea was?
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 04:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
No. I have never heard of George Beverly Shea.

I have said many times in the past few years that you should be aware of what is popular nowadays. I have seem to have ignored this advice.