What are Squirrel Girl's weaknesses?

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 12:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Apparently, the creators Taylor Ramos and Tony Zhou are now making videos for The Criterion Collection, which specializes in high quality restoration of classic and important films.
https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/5163-goodbye-efap-hello-zhou-and-ramos
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I never posted links to Ixapter's videos. I posted screenshots of thumbnails that were on his YouTube channel.

I recall I was criticized for that.

His weird cartoons and comics caught my attention and piqued my curiosity.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You misunderstood me. I was drawing some preliminary cartoon fight scenes to show off my drawing skills and I was actually working on getting something developed that I could show online, and then my mother intervened. My pastor got involved and so did my Christian penpal, whom I met through Yahoo! Answers. As I said my penpal talked to me at length about the stuff I wanted to develop.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I drew influence from a lot of old cartoons I used to watch. Old Hollywood cartoons, some classic cartoon movies, and old made-for-TV cartoons, especially the comedic stuff Disney and Warner Bros. did. Especially WB.

A lot of the old cartoons I watched were violent. Comedic cartoons.

I was always into comedy and cartoony stuff.

That is what inspired me to want to create a comedic cartoon and/or comic series about streetfighting cats and dogs.

That is also inspired me to want to produce other cartoon and/or comic series. Cartoons and/or comics that are throwbacks to Golden Age Hollywood cartoons and cartoon comics from that period.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:39 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Do you want me to name any of the cartoons that influenced me specifically?

And other things that influenced me?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
I was hoping if you had any influences from the last 20 years.

And if your mother and pastor stopped you from going through with your plans, then why are you still moving forward with the plans?

And why are you hesitant to post any artwork online?

I should disclose that I was able to save a piece of penciled artwork you drew before it disappeared. It was a rabbit character.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 01:48 am
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. May I ask why you saved a pic of one of my characters?

My Christian penpal is the one who really kind of dissuaded me from wanting to get my toons and comics developed.

The guy I told you about.

He used Scripture and other sources to back up his claims.

My mother and I both think he is an extremist.

But my mother agreed with a lot of the things he said about toons and comics, video games, etc.

As I said the Holy Spirit led my mother to talk to me at length about the toons and comics I wanted to develop.

She doesn't remember what she said. She said so when I asked her. It must have been a spur-of-the-moment thing.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 02:15 am
@Rebelofnj,
How important is "keeping up with the Joneses" if you want to work as an entertainer, no matter what field you go into specifically?

Apparently it's important to some people who work in entertainment.

That's why people like "Weird Al" and Ray Stevens were able to stay in show biz for so long.

That's why the guys who created Epic Rap Battles of History are able to stay in biz so long. These guys know how to keep up with current culture.

A number of their videos I don't like or agree with but I am just bringing them up to make a point.

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 02:20 am
@Rebelofnj,
My mother said I am grown and I am free to do what I want but she said I am being rebellious towards the Holy Spirit.

She said I should pray and ask the Lord what He wants me to do career-wise. That was her advice.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 03:10 am
@JGoldman10,
Why are you asking us if you've already asked God?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 03:11 am
@Rebelofnj,
I am not "hesitant" to post any artwork online. I don't want people stealing my stuff.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 03:40 am
@JGoldman10,
Hundreds of artists post their work online every day without fear of it being stolen.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 03:46 am
@JGoldman10,
If your penpal is stopping you from getting your work completed, than why are you still working with him if you are still trying to get your projects going?

Anyway, I saved your single art piece because it was the only art piece I could find that you made. Every time you post something, you deleted it very quickly.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 06:34 am
@JGoldman10,
It is best to know what is popular now and to know what trends and genres people currently like (as you have asked several times here and on Yahoo). This applies to basically the entertainment industry as a whole.

This is the case for children's television and films, which is about selling toys and merchandise.

For example: PJ Masks and later Paw Patrol are popular with children because they were superhero shows, a genre that has been profitable due to the success of the Marvel films.

Frozen II was successful because it was a sequel to a highly popular film and Disney wanted to capitalize on that. Hence the waves of Frozen merchandise that has been on sale since 2013.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 08:21 am
@Rebelofnj,
Merchandising kids' TV shows and movies is still a thing.

If I have been influenced by anything in the 21st century, I would say:

Internet culture to an extent. I know what memes are. I know web videos are popular. I know about video sharing sites like YouTube, Metacafe and Dailymotion. I know about social media and online community sites like DeviantArt. You could say I have influenced by some cartoon, comics and video game fan art and fan-made cartoons and comics and video games I have seen online. I have learned certain slang terms by being online.

Current video games. I know a lot more about Mario franchise games now, for example, than I did before the advent of commercialized Internet access. I have played a few current video games online.

Some current TV shows. I used to watch G4TV before it became defunct. They did a lot of video game reviews, had discussions on current tech, and Comicon coverage. I don't care for shows like TMZ and Wendy Williams' talk show. I don't like celebrity gossip.

Some current tech. I was reluctant to want to learn how to use it because I was still using old-school tech. I am still teaching myself how to perform certain functions on my smartphone.

Some current music. I think a lot of current music is crap, or is worse than music in previous generations. I like the song "House Work" by Jax Jones.

Some current movies. There have been a few movies that came out the past two decades that piqued my interest.

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 09:14 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Merchandising kids' TV shows and movies is still a thing.

I know. I specifically mentioned Frozen and its merchandise.

Do you any specific examples of what you like? All you said is "some current movies", "some current TV shows", and Jax Jones. Have you read any fiction books, other than the books you had to read in school?

I would disagree on your assessment on current music. It is fine to think the music playing in the pop music stations are bad, but there are literally thousands of current musical artists in many different genres. To claim all of them are terrible is just ignorant. Especially as there is some terrible music in every decade, like MC Skat Kat.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 10:37 am
@Rebelofnj,
I have seen merch based on other kids' cartoon shows and cartoon movies from the past two decades.

I have seen a lot of Mario-related merch from the past two decades. The Mario franchise is still one of the biggest video game franchises in the world.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 10:39 am
@Rebelofnj,
Fiction books? No not really. I read a lot of Christian books and reference books when I am doing research.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 10:40 am
@JGoldman10,
If you want to tell stories you really should see how others do it or you've no chance.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2020 10:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
You could say I have been influenced by some cartoon, comics and video game fan art and fan-made cartoons and comics and video games I have seen online.

-FIXED
0 Replies