What are Squirrel Girl's weaknesses?

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2019 07:02 pm
Hi. I am just a bit curious about this.

I would post this question on Yahoo! Answers but as the time of the posting of this there is something wrong with that site.

Squirrel Girl is such a weird, mildly disturbing and laughable character but apparently people take this character seriously.

What are her weaknesses? I couldn't find anything online about this.

Please help - thank you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 6,756 • Replies: 130
No top replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2019 08:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm guessing none as Marvel themselves tend to treat the character as a very powerful character, usually as part of a long running joke. Even on their website, Marvel has maxed out Squirrel Girl's stats.
https://www.marvel.com/characters/squirrel-girl-doreen-green/in-comics
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 12:10 am
@Rebelofnj,
Every superhero and supervillain has to have some kind of weakness.
knaivete

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 01:26 am
@JGoldman10,
A tinkle told me it's sqwirl girl's grip.

Nothing that a good exercise regime can't floor.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e2/Unbeatable_Squirrel_Girl.jpg/250px-Unbeatable_Squirrel_Girl.jpg
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 02:19 am
@knaivete,
Her grip is her weakness?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 11:52 am
@knaivete,
knaivete wrote:

A tinkle told me it's sqwirl girl's grip.

Nothing that a good exercise regime can't floor.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e2/Unbeatable_Squirrel_Girl.jpg/250px-Unbeatable_Squirrel_Girl.jpg

A great American philosopher* once wrote...
sesquipedalophobe wrote:

No one can defend themselves against [Squirrel Girl] running up the pant leg tactic.

On the same thread:
Quote:
One of her weaknesses is her concern of [sic] the endangerment of others. [S]he leaves herself vulnerable when she fears for others safety.

Source
*Speculating on the person's nationality and occupation.
Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 12:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
If I were to guess - just saying that if she is a squirrel you consider what does a squirrel not do so well at.

I would say being forgetful - squirrels seem to forget where they bury their acorns - so maybe she has carried this weakness of forgetfulness similar to her namesake.

So forgetfulness and also being really bad at crossing a street. You ever see them try? The start, then panic and run back often times resulting in being road kill.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 12:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
It has to be her tail.
That thing would get caught in everything, car doors, subway doors, elevator doors, even escalators would be dicey.
People would be standing on it, tripping over it. Imagine she's on a crowded train, that tail would have to be tickling someone's fancy.

UNLESS she's like Lizard Lady and her tail regenerates if she loses it.

In that case maybe she's just a mean drunk.
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 07:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_small/6/67663/6923388-44-variant.jpg

I'd have trouble keeping it clean notwithstanding the costumery.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 12:40 am
Like most Physically based Super Heroes, Squirrel Girl is weak with mental attacks. Much like Superman, she can be manipulated via attacks from villains of a mental variety. Like, Jean Grey could really ruin her day.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 11:37 am
@JGoldman10,
Nuts?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
That would be funny if she had a nut allergy.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 01:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Initially I thought it was a SpongeBob reference. I'm not completely up to speed Marvelwise by any means but I normally know who the characters are. This one was a first.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/muc/images/f/f5/Sandi.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20190425141650
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 02:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Funny enough, Squirrel Girl's first appearance was expected to be her only appearance.

According to TV Tropes:
Quote:
During a 1993 stunt where Marvel introduced a new character in each of their annuals, editor Mark Gruenwald famously cited Squirrel Girl as an example of the type of character they were trying to avoid. Specifically, he argued that while Squirrel Girl was a fun and interesting character, she was likely never going to be used again. Pretty much all of the characters introduced in the 1993 annuals faded into Comic-Book Limbo (save for Genis-Vell, and even he ended up being killed off later), while Squirrel Girl has been appearing as a fan favorite for years. Her series, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, even made it on the New York Times best-seller list.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 03:15 am
I read this off the Comic Vine forums:

"One of her weaknesses is her concern of the endangerment of others. She leaves herself vulnerable when she fears for others' safety."
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:18 pm
Does Squirrel Girl have any DC counterparts?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I read this off the Comic Vine forums:

"One of her weaknesses is her concern of the endangerment of others. She leaves herself vulnerable when she fears for others' safety."

Wow. IT's almost like no one other had posted that literal exact sentence much earlier in this thread.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 06:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
It would be hard to create a DC counterpart for an unique character like Squirrel Girl.

Personality wise, there are some similar optimistic characters like Supergirl and some versions of Batgirl, but I cannot think of any with similar odd power sets or who has a reputation of being all powerful whole appearing weak.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 09:09 pm
@Rebelofnj,
It doesn't have to be an exact analogue for Squirrel Girl.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 02:02 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

It doesn't have to be an exact analogue for Squirrel Girl.

I'd like to think there's at least one DC character that is similar or equal to Squirrel Girl in terms of sillyness, animal-based or not.

It's no secret to anyone familiar to DC and Marvel Comics that both companies have characters that are similar to each other, whether that is intentional or not.

For example, DC has Mr. Mxyzpltk and Marvel has Impossible Man. If one character didn't inspire the other their similarities are coincidental.