What are Squirrel Girl's weaknesses?

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 06:53 am
@JGoldman10,
The closest DC hero I can think of is Plastic Man, who despite his cheerful and goofy demeanor, is considered to be a very powerful character with his shapeshifting abilities.
There is a line from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Strikes Again that describes Plastic Man: "Immeasurably Powerful, Absolutely Nuts".

However, DC has not made use of the character in recent years, other than a miniseries (which was about Plastic Man taking care of a runaway child) that sold poorly.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 10:05 am
@Rebelofnj,
They did bring out a reprint a few years ago. I picked one up at a car boot sale.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 10:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
Actually a very long time ago, (late 60s/early 70s) I read a Superman comic in which Jimmy Olsen was on Superman's world. He end up in prison for some reason, his girlfriend comes to visit him and slips a capsule into his mouth when they kiss.

That gives him plastic man type abilities. Sorry for being so vague but I'm relying on childhood memories and it was a very long time ago.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 10:51 am
@izzythepush,
I think I found the issue:
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, issue #101
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Superman%27s_Pal,_Jimmy_Olsen_Vol_1_101

According to the wiki, he became Elastic Lad after he and Lucy Lane time traveled to Krypton
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 11:27 am
@Rebelofnj,
That may very well be the one, it was a v long time ago and my memory is well dodgy and it could have been a UK reprint.

Although that was mostly Marvel.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/85/Mwom1.jpg/250px-Mwom1.jpg
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 10:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What about Booster Gold?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 08:33 am
@JGoldman10,
I don't see any similarities between him and Squirrel Girl.

Booster Gold is usually seen by the general public and other heroes as a glory hound, traveled from the future to become a corporate sponsored superhero.

In reality, he is actually a protector of the space time continuum, but he is forced to hide his true heroic actions from almost everyone to preserve the timeline.

His Marvel counterpart is probably Cable from the X-Men
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 08:51 am
@Rebelofnj,
Actually Plastic Man is a bit like Reed Richards, although I'm probably missing something.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 08:59 am
@izzythepush,
From what I have seen, Plastic Man's powers are more flexible than Richards, (changing into cars, robots, other people) so he is more like a shapeshifter.

DC's other elastic hero, Elongated Man, is more like Reed Richards, though he is more of a genius detective than a scientist.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 09:10 am
@Rebelofnj,
Going by the incarnations I have seen, Booster Gold comes off as a goofball character that many people don't always take seriously.

Squirrel Girl has two squirrel helpers. Booster has a robotic helper.

I have said that Jm J. Bullock would have been perfect to portray Booster Gold in a live-action movie.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 09:16 am
@Rebelofnj,
My knowledge of Marvel isn't good, but DC is much worse. I'm quite good on our comics though.

Although a lot of the character had supernatural powers they weren't seen as superheroes. They didn't get their own comic either they appeared as a strip alongside about 7 or 8 other strips.

Adam Eterno was one of my favourites.

https://i1.wp.com/downthetubes.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/adam-eterno-solano-lopez.jpg?resize=580%2C711&ssl=1
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 09:25 am
@JGoldman10,
Booster Gold usually acted as comic relief in the 80s/90s comic Justice League International, alongside his best friend The Blue Beetle. He became a more serious character after Blue Beetle was killed in 2006.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 01:13 am
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. In case you're wondering, Jm J. Bullock is a comedian. He was in the classic sitcom Too Close For Comfort. He was also a regular on Hollywood Squares and was a celebrity guest on Win, Lose or Draw.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 04:47 am
@JGoldman10,
I don't think it was shown over here.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 06:33 am
@JGoldman10,
I already searched who Jim J Bullock is after you mentioned him.

I never saw Too Close For Comfort; it was after my time and I never cared enough to watch any reruns.

I don't see him as Booster Gold.

In recent years, fans have wanted Nathan Fillion (lead actor of Firefly, Castle, and The Rookie) as Booster Gold or as Green Lantern Hal Jordan, but he may be getting too old to play either.

Unrelated, but I did send a PM regarding that video you mentioned.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 07:01 am
@Rebelofnj,
Too Close For Comfort is an old '80s sitcom. I think you meant before your time.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 07:32 am
@JGoldman10,
I'm aware of what Too Close For Comfort is. I looked it up on Google and Wikipedia. Plus, Adult Swim did a special about remaking the opening montage of Too Close For Comfort using modern actors.

And yes, I did mean it was before my time.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 07:44 am
@Rebelofnj,
Okay.

I haven't watched [AS] in a long time. I stopped watching it for a number of reasons.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 07:49 am
@JGoldman10,
It is surprising you watched Adult Swim in the first place, seeing as all of their shows run counter to your beliefs.

Also, I have not gotten a response of the PM I sent.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 09:03 am
@Rebelofnj,
I came to my senses, and stopped watching altogether. A lot of their shows mocked God, Christianity and the Bible.

I have to find that link for you.