What are Squirrel Girl's weaknesses?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 01:57 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I came to my senses, and stopped watching altogether. A lot of their shows mocked God, Christianity and the Bible.

A lot of their shows are/were bad in other ways also.

Fanservice is bad.

Glorifying witchcraft and other forms of devilry is bad.

Making light of things like sex and/or making jokes about it is bad.

Graphic violence is bad.

Excessive profanity is bad.

I could go on.

I watched Bob's Burgers when they put it on [AS] and thought that was relatively harmless but even that show is off-the-wall.

My mom called me out about watching Family Guy once. They get away with too much negativity on that show. They push the envelope to see what they can get away with. As a Christian the show is off-the-wall and offensive. They've gotten with mocking God, Christianity and the Bible way too many times on that show. I stopped watching it a long time ago.

My mom got on my case about watching The Simpsonsfor the same reasons. I haven't watched that in a long time either.

I recall when I was a teen in the '90s watching Beavis and Butthead. That series was very popular back then. I recall my dad walking in and catching me watching it. He called me out about it.

He told me if my mother knew I was watching that show she would have a fit.

He was right. I stopped watching that.

Both of my parents are Christians. The point I am making is, as a Christian, you need to be careful what you watch or read or look at or listen to.

Especially if you are a parent. My parents used to monitor the entertainment my brother and I were into.

Christians are supposed to be God-fearing. A Christian should think and/or say "Is what I am doing pleasing God?"

The Bible says to guard your floodgates.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 02:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Don't blame your hostility towards good entertainment on being a Christian. Your brand of Christianity is extreme and lacking in humour, warmth and compassion.

Anything you make for children will not be enjoyed by them because of the above. Stick to religion.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 02:27 am
@izzythepush,
Did I say all secular entertainment is bad? No. I am saying people, especially Christians need to be careful and discerning about what forms of entertainment they subject themselves and their children to.

There is some secular entertainment that is harmless.

Romans 12:2 - Be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

The Bible also says your mind is renewed by the Word of God.

It also says you who love the Lord hate evil (Psalm 97), and to flee the appearance of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22). Some translations say to abstain from all appearance of evil.

The Word also says in 1 John 2:15 do not love the world nor the things of it. If you love the things of the world more than God then the love of God is not in you.

If I ever get married and have kids of my own, and/or adopt any, my wife and I will raise them in the fear and admonition of the God.

Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should so that when he is old he will not depart from it.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 04:11 am
@JGoldman10,
You say considerably more than you mean to. You're not interested in entertaining children, just forcing your own brand of religion on them. You call yourself Christian but all I see is a lot of judging and condemning, contrary to the words of Christ.

Don't ruin any more childhoods please.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 04:38 am
@izzythepush,
Bugger off sir.

My career is long overdue. I want to entertain kids through my toons and comics and make good money doing so.

Since my brother and mother are away I can focus on that, after I finish getting my house in order.

Concern yourself with you.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 05:01 am
@JGoldman10,
Have you considered that your Christian beliefs are more extreme and strict than most Christians in general?
Even the pastors and priests I know are not as strict as you.

What Christian works has inspired you to make your own?

Also, what is the name of the pastor of that video, as discussed in the PM. I figure I'm going to find the video on my own.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 05:48 am
@Rebelofnj,
I have been watching the Swaggarts - Jimmy, his son Donnie and Donnie's son Gabriel Swaggart on SBN. I have watched John Hagee and his son Matthew Hagee on TBN. All of these people, and other televangelists and tv preachers have all preached against secular entertainment - TV, music, movies, books, etc.

They have all preached about what is BAD about them.

I have yet to see anyone on Christian TV preach against secular video games also. A lot of those are bad also.

Someone I know was telling me about occultic and Illuminati imagery and symbolism he spotted in some Nintendo game he played.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone on Christian TV preach against secular comic books. I know a lot of those are bad and those go without question. I would like to see someone on Christian TV talk about them.

What CHRISTIAN works have I been influenced by? None really to be honest.

I have to take the time to dig up that video I watched that you're requesting to see. When I have the time I will look for it and post a link to it in your PM.
cherrie

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 05:49 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If I ever get married and have kids of my own, and/or adopt any, my wife and I will raise them in the fear and admonition of the God.

You claim to be a Christian but what about the love and compassion and mercy side of things?

Or is your god only interested in fear and admonition?

I feel very sorry for any kids you might have in the future.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 05:57 am
@cherrie,
What about the kids I want to adopt?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 05:59 am
@JGoldman10,
You will make them miserable.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:01 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I want to entertain kids through my toons and comics and make good money doing so.

It won't happen, you don't know how to entertain, only how to judge.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:03 am
@izzythepush,
How am I "ruining childhoods"? In all the time I have been out of art school, I don't have any animated cartoons and/or comics produced and showcased online anywhere online. All I have to show for my work is a couple of toon pics I made showcased in online photo albums.

As I was saying, not all secular entertainment is bad. Leave It To Beaver is a harmless family show, a show anyone can watch.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:15 am
@izzythepush,
Nonsense. At one point, I was actually trying to get some cartoon and/or comic material developed that I could showcase online. I drew some preliminary cartoon fight scenes with some characters I created. I drew it just the way I envisioned it and it was drawn professionally. It actually looked like something out of a kids' cartoon on TV or out of a kids' comic book.

My mother, who was a woman of God, discovered what I was drawing, and she was led by the Holy Spirit to talk to me at length about the cartoons and comics I wanted to develop.

My pastor talked to me about this also and I have a Christian penpal whom I have met through Yahoo! Answers a few years ago talked to me and length about this also, moreso than my mother and pastor.

My pastor briefly talked about this.

My mother had two issues with my material - the fact I was drawing "furries" and she disliked how VIOLENT my material was.

She asked me, "Is that something a man of God is supposed to doing?"

She asked if I was trying to attract the world.

She had a point.

Christians aren't supposed to compromise being good Christians and their beliefs to make a lot of money.

We aren't supposed to "sell out".
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:25 am
@JGoldman10,
Leave It To Beaver ended 57 years ago. Is there a more recent show (from this century preferably), that you like and recommend?

Also, is there anything from any medium (books, shows, films, games, comics, music), secular or not, that has influenced your projects? You have mentioned Catillac Cats and MC Skat Kat many times (have you actually listened to MC Skat Kat's music or are you just focused on the character design?)

It seems like this conversation happens every few months, and nothing changes.

And if you did make preliminary cartoon fight scenes and professionally drawn comics, then how come you never showed it online? Many times, people have claimed that you haven't made anything for years and thus have mocked you. If you did post something, then people might take you seriously and help you.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 06:36 am
@JGoldman10,
So I looked up John Hagee, and he has made controversial comments against Catholics, Jews, and Muslims, believes that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for American toleration of homosexuality, and claimed that the world would end in 2015.

All of these televangelists have been supportive of President Trump, despite him not being a good Christian at all.

Quote:
I have to take the time to dig up that video I watched that you're requesting to see.

I just need the name of the pastor or the guest pastor. I can look for the video on my own.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 08:19 am
@JGoldman10,
Have you spoken to any successful cartoonists?

Your Pastor won't be of any use career wise.

Have you thought of making cartoons for your mother and leaving children out of it? She'll probably like it, kids won't.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 09:01 am
@izzythepush,
I am friends with an indie animator and comics artist who showcases his cartoons and comics in video form on YouTube. Many of his cartoon videos have generated at least 1 million views. I would say he's successful.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 09:19 am
@JGoldman10,
Lots of people can say that, it's easy to make online friends with such people in the public eye.

If you're just a name on a list it doesn't mean much. Have you interacted properly with him, given him examples of your work with an overview of what you want to achieve, or have you just asked a load of pointless, time wasting questions like you do on here?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 10:15 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes. Ixapter. You mentioned before here, and posted a few of his videos.

And honestly, there are a lot of creators that have a million views per video, and they are relatively unknown to the masses. They just have a dedicated fanbase.

For example, the channel Every Frame A Painting have multiple videos with 1 million plus views, but they are relatively obscure outside of the film fan community.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 12:24 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

For example, the channel Every Frame A Painting have multiple videos with 1 million plus views, but they are relatively obscure outside of the film fan community.

Easily one of the greatest film theorists on YouTube. I wish he'd continue making more film essays but I understand the creator has other things in life that preoccupy his time.