inter-racial dating

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 07:01 am
How can they be pretty and coarse at the same time? I always find those with coarse features to be the antithesis of "pretty," for whatever their virtues may be.

Obtuse irony warning.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 07:59 am
Zane, no one would think we're dating. I'm a married woman and you're

a metrosexual.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:25 am
What's a Metrosexual?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:38 am
A randy bugger waiting on a train.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:01 am
Heeven wrote:
A randy bugger waiting on a train.

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Ooo hoo hoo, that was good, Heeven...he he he....made me laugh... Very Happy
0 Replies

omeron

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:04 am
i hate to suggest the obvoius here. but if you really wnat the relationship and don't want other people to know about it at the same time then pull an anakin and padme and do it in secret. Very Happy
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 10:18 am
omeron wrote:
i hate to suggest the obvoius here. but if you really wnat the relationship and don't want other people to know about it at the same time then pull an anakin and padme and do it in secret. Very Happy
You know this reminds me of my, "Hermit Neighbors." They are a black 'n' white couple, they never leave their home, if they do, they leave out that back way, they never occupy their yard, and they make sure deliveries are made at their back door. When I go to visit my elderly Neighbor next door to them, they have their side windows wide open, there is where I can see them both running around naked. This could be a great ongoing inter-racial romance.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 12:09 pm
They're probably indulging in perverse rituals.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:04 pm
Zane, Is that Pim?

Heeven, ....

I'm curious about where they live and what their ages are.

I'm going to make a guess and suggest the Bible Belt or the deep south. If so, then I can understand why she's concerned about what other people think. It's unfortunate, but there are still pockets of this country where life can be pretty difficult for those who make unpopular choices.

From my own perspective, I think you should date anyone you choose. If your parents are ok with it (which makes me think you're young) then your friends should keep their thoughts to themselves. If you choose not to date someone because you're afraid of what others might think you've given away your sense of self to your friends.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:19 pm
Yes, J_B, that is definitely Pim, although I wasn't aware of Pim at all when I first started using the other Pim picture.

some weirdness:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1113690#1113690

ConstitutionalGirl, pay no attention to the metrosexual comments.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:47 am
Why is it that on American TV children of mixed race are always depicted as getting along like a house on fire, but when it comes to their parents or to dating, they are almost always same race couples (At least that is the impression I get from the imported TV we see over here).
It seems to me the media are implicitly discouraging interracial relations.
0 Replies

curlgurl

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 02:16 pm
go for it i was in an inte-rial relation ship for two years. not only that butt i love rock and it shows and he was realy hip hop. if u realy like this guy dont let what people might think stand in your way.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 02:27 pm
Paaskynen wrote:
Why is it that on American TV children of mixed race are always depicted as getting along like a house on fire, but when it comes to their parents or to dating, they are almost always same race couples

I think it's because people think it's ok to socialize with other races but not marry and "breed" together. 5 year olds are in no danger of reproducing "mixed breeds." I also think it's the "we're ok with it" front, even though a lot of people still have rampant racism in them.
0 Replies