im so confused: what is this?

eyba

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2019 05:00 pm
I met this guy aprox 5months ago. We dated, got closer, everything was great.We hung out all the time, he drove about an hour to see me everytime and came over like 5 times a week. We had a sexual connection as well though It wasnt the major part of it. We just talked for hours straight, went out, dud daytrips, made food for each other,.. it all felt right. eventually he started asking 'what is this' 'what are we doing'..
He then told me he didnt think he was good enough for me en I deserved so much better. He has been through some tough times but I felt we could talk about everything. Now its all a mess. we decided not to see eachother anymore and it was very emotional for us both. I am very lost en craving for his attention even though I know it wont change anything, he wont commit.. what do I do, I know I need to let go but I feel really deeply about this person and must admit I'm heartbroken over this..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 635 • Replies: 2
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2019 08:47 pm
@eyba,
This is a difficult story, but not an unusual one. Lots of relationships end this way.

Be good to yourself and be patient. You took a risk, made an attachment and got hurt. Anytime you put yourself into a relationship you run the risk of being hurt. It is still the right thing to do.

It is going to hurt for a little while, and then you can move on.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 08:33 am
This “not good enough for you” excuse to break up means he/she didn’t feel right in the relationship.

Perhaps there is an educational, financial, cultural, age, maturity, or intellectual gap that exists and the person doesn’t feel “authentic.”

You don’t say what he’s thinking or doing, and because it’s just been 5 months with you, he has probably moved on ...

0 Replies