War With Iran Has Begun...

au1929

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 05:18 pm
I can't believe that even the idiot in the white house would be so rash as to attack Iran. It would be a worse fiasco than the war in Iraq. And one that we could not possibly win.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 05:32 pm
The idiot in the WHite House is desperate, he needs another diversion where he can look presidential.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 05:33 pm
The US is again saying the UN SC no longer has relevance because the members of the UN refuses to follow like sheep.

This administration continued to assure us that Bolton will reform the UN for the better. Looks like another failure of the Bush administration.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 05:36 pm
Acquiunk
I doubt that it will work this time.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 05:51 pm
The problem with Lincoln's dcitum "you can fool some of the people all of the time ans all of the people some of the time" is that "some of the time" is an indeterminant period. Bush and Co. have done it twice, a war and an election.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 05:55 pm
Another thread on this issue

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61593&highlight
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 06:55 am
I started this thread nine months ago. Looks like it might be helpful to have the information from 2005 afterall.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 12:35 pm
With the chaos in Ieaq increasing to unmanageable levels by even the US military, it's not surprising that Bushco wants to divert attention away from Iraq to Iran. Did anybody see the article about Lt Gen Gregory Newhall who resigned frou months before Bushco's attack on Iraq? He was so disgusted with Bush, he quit rather than become another yes man. He also said Rummy should be removed.

And a hello from buenos aires.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 02:07 am
The cowardly three amigos - Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 02:45 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
the iranians have a hell of a lot more going on as a people than the iraqis. for the most part the iranians, or persians as some prefer, are pretty well educated, pro-west and not all that political.

but if we start chucking stuff at 'em, the uninterested or gonna get real interested, real quick.

if bush wants to go to war with iran, he damn well better be at the front of the charge, leading the troops.

yeah, right. as if...
We have a ton of Iranians in North Vancouver BC Canada (where I grew up & still live nearby).
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 03:29 am
Here's where we are now: yesterday (April 11th ) the Iranian announced they had enriched some uranium.

And here is Seymour Hersh's most recent article from the New Yorker:
Read it and weep:
The IRAN PLANS

Joe(Oh, we are going, boy, we are going. We just don't know when.)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:15 am
The Hersh piece was mentioned yesterday on CNN - Lou Dobbs, and the Republican spokesperson insisted "nucular" was not an option. No real follow up to ask why, when it is being reported as an option. They just let his statement stand.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:48 am
In fairness, some of what Pentagon insiders leaked to Hirsch could be considered a "trial balloon" and, in fact speculation. (reasonavble speculation however.)

But the assertion that US troops are ont he ground is not speculation. It is either a fact or an untruth. Has the Pentagon or the admin flatly denied the assertion? If they have, I missed it.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 11:25 pm
Invade Iran!

Invade Zimbabwe!

Invade France!

They all hate us anyhow, so let's drop the Big One now.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 06:06 am
http://i2.tinypic.com/vfil1z.jpg

Chcago Tribune, Friday April 14, 2006, page 11.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:24 am
Anyone with an ounce of brains would understand that a war with Iran is a losing proposition. However, I fear what is lacking in the present administration is just that. An ounce of brains.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 08:43 am
au1929 wrote:
Anyone with an ounce of brains would understand that a war with Iran is a losing proposition. However, I fear what is lacking in the present administration is just that. An ounce of brains.

Not only war but any severe sanctions would only wind up costing us. We must realize that, thanks to the Iraq debacle, we are no longer the world imperialistic power that we were. Iran literally has us over a barrel.
0 Replies