Starbucks - what's your favorite coffee?

voldemort

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 06:17 pm
i personally hate coffee but i love the smell of it! so whenever my friends go, i dont hesitate to tag along! lol theres now a Starbucks at my school! isnt that weird?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 07:54 pm
Really?
0 Replies

benjamino

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 04:36 am
grande latte with 3 extra shots and sugar. although sometimes i just go for a passionfruit and guava innocents drink
0 Replies

voldemort

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 05:40 am
ossobuco wrote:
Really?

yea but like i said, i really like the smell! lol we also have a krispy kreme at our school...it's weird cuz they're trying to enforce that everyone has to take gym, no matter if ur on a varsity sport and they're serving fattening coffee and donuts! lol
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 06:59 am
There are a lot fat cops, and sailors. When the sailors come to port in NY, and families go into the ships to pick them up you find many soda, and candy machines. And every knows the jokes they make about cops coffee and donuts. Junk, and coffee machines are everywhere.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 09:34 am
voldemort, is your school a high school or college?
0 Replies

Lost in Japan

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 10:53 pm
Since I started roasting my own I can't stomach starbucks anymore.

Don't get me wrong *$ has certainly done a lot to educate north americans on different coffees and such. Its where I started drinking coffee as well.

But roasted coffee peaks in flavour 4-36 hours after roasting. If its ground it goes past its peak flavour within a few hours. If you roast and grind your own, you get the absolute best! and the difference in flavour will seriously surprise you!!! Next time you go to SB's ask when the beans were roasted...

As to the comments about SB's dark roasts. It depends on your personal preferences but also on the bean. some beans show more flavour at a darker roast, some show more at a lighter roast. The advantage to a darker roast is that the smokey taste can overpower the coffee bean taste. This is good for milk heavy drinks, and you can subsitite cheaper beans without noticing. But the disadvantage is that you may not get the full spectrum of flavours.

One word about roasting. You can buy small machines that pretty much do it yourself. no hassle. Or I started by just using a wooden spoon and a cheap pot - only took 15 minutes for a few days worth of fantastic Joe !!!

My final words: If you like StarBucks for the atmosphere, image, style, fine. But if you are a real lover of coffee, check out the info over at CoffeeGeek.com and Sweetmarias.com

-- roast, grind, brew, drink, enjoy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 11:06 pm
I have a friend who does that too - it is both very less expensive and much more satisfying for the coffee flavors.
Am busy now, myself, but like to hear about it.
0 Replies

Lost in Japan

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 07:10 pm
Home roasting is actually pretty easy and very satisfing. check this out for some basics Home coffee roasting

If you're too busy to roast, there are lots of small micro-roasters that will roast your coffee for you on the spot! And lots online that will roast and ship the beans to you the same day.

just FYI a pound of premium green beens can be had for about 5 bucks, depending on how strong you like your coffee, thats good for about 25-35 cups. Or about 15 cents a cup --- and better quality than starbucks (now you can see how they make such good money)
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 06:54 pm
Oooohhh, Star Bucks... love'em. While I know there is a lot more to the REAL coffee world y'all can keep it. I like the commercial stuff just fine. A tall white mocha with no whip is my usual. On days where the caffeine fix isn't wanted I get their hot apple cider. That stuff rocks. On hot days (when ISN'T it hot here...) I like the passion tea lemonade. It gets pricey, but oh so worth it.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:16 am
I just got back from Long Island, my native turf, where the choices were Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. An interesting dilemma...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:10 am
<laughing>
0 Replies