Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 07:07 am
No seriously, they pretty much last forever. Who recycles them? No one at my office that I know.

Do you use these single serving pods of instant coffee? Do you feel guilty about the plastic waste? Or do you get the ones that claim they make the pods out of biodegradable materials? Is there any difference between the Flavia packs vs the Keurig style pods (waste wise)? We have the Flavia systems in our office since I've been working here. Now a couple of our pantries also have the Keurig style machines as well.

Personally, I rarely drink coffee at my office (say once a month if not less). I drink tea (tea bags as we don't use the Flavia packs for hot teas).

So? What do you guys think?

Banana Breath

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:25 am
@tsarstepan,
Besides the issue of needless plastic waste, I'm also guessing that one of these days there will be a news report that all of that steaming water passing over plastic released toxic chemicals into millions of cups of coffee causing an 8.6% increase in stomach and pancreatic cancer, or something like that. I have a nice coffee maker that doesn't use any plastic, nor even paper filters and produces great coffee:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KOYRR7E%2BL.jpg
0 Replies