jodie34

Mon 24 Mar, 2008 05:18 pm
Dunkin Donuts is my favorite place for coffee. Where do you like to go for coffee?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 7,001 • Replies: 36
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Mon 24 Mar, 2008 05:31 pm
McDonalds. Seriously, since they went to their new blend, it's all I want, though I can make do with 7/11 when I'm traveling.

I don't much care for Dunkin Donuts. That's probably why there are so many varieties out there.
0 Replies

helmi15

Sun 6 Apr, 2008 10:34 pm
I sometimes made a plateful of coffee with a lot of sugar in it and inserted bread.

Tastes good.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Sun 6 Apr, 2008 11:18 pm
Lately, I've been drinking a lot of Turkish coffee. Made at home.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 7 Apr, 2008 12:18 am
I usually drink my coffee at home.

When I drink it away, I avoid chaines if possible.
0 Replies

Bohne

Mon 7 Apr, 2008 04:54 am
My local Irish Pub!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:19 am
I can't drink coffee, even decaf. It makes me dizzy. Sad
0 Replies

JPB

Mon 7 Apr, 2008 06:37 am
I drink three large mugs at home before 8:00 (Trader Joe's, shade grown dark roast). Then I'm jazzed for the day and avoid it altogether.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 7 Apr, 2008 06:44 am
I do half n half of Arabica coffee and REd Bull.
0 Replies

martybarker

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 06:08 pm
I used to be a huge Starbucks fan but have grown to liking Tully's way better. And Peet's is really good too.
http://www.peets.com/who_we_are/who_we_are.asp
0 Replies

mismi

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 06:13 pm
We go to a local place that has great coffee and an awesome atmosphere. They even have a place my kids can sit and play board games while hubby and I drink our coffee and read - called the Bean Hole - not kidding - bring it - heard all the Beavis and ButtHead jokes. Trust me.
0 Replies

hamburger

Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:31 pm
i don't think you know what a good cup of coffee is - but the brits sure do ! Shocked Laughing

Quote:
Animal dung coffee at £50 a cup

The blend is made from two rare coffee beans

Would you drink it?

A gourmet coffee blended from animal droppings is being sold at a London department store for £50 per cup.

Jamaican Blue Mountain and the Kopi Luwak bean are used to create Caffe Raro which is thought to be the most expensive cup of coffee in the world.

Kopi Luwak beans are eaten, then passed, by the cat-like Asian palm civet, and sell for £324 a kilogram.

All profits from sales of the coffee at Peter Jones in Sloane Square in April will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Ripest berries

Asian palm civets, which live in the foliage of plantations across south-east Asia, are said to pick the best and ripest coffee berries.

Enzymes in their digestive system break down the flesh of the fruit before the animals expel the bean.

The beans are then collected from the plantation floor by workers who wash away the dung and roast them.

David Cooper, who created the blend, said: "These rare coffees have been slowly hand roasted for around 12 minutes to ensure that we maximise the potential of each coffee.

"The final roast colour is quite dark to ensure that the espresso is perfect for a smooth latte or cappuccino."

(i bet that is "extra smooth" :wink: )

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7340005.stm

Published: 2008/04/10 07:25:09 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:21 pm
I like Peet's too, several different varieties, for both taste and sentimental reasons. Damn, where is my Peet's coffee mug? Probably in one of the cartons in my garage still unworked through after my big move.

Flying Star cafe has a good cup o'coffee locally. Calico Cafe might too (trying to remember).

Sunflower Market has some good, not wayover the top re dollars, 'ecological choice' beans in two pound packages that I get whenever I make it over there.

I'm a Starbuck's despiser as I hate the taste of burnt beans (although I used to like Starbuck's in my northern CA area since I could pick up the NYTimes there, which was hard to get locally... so I went there once in a while.

Just bought some Tully's on sale, haven't tried it yet.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:22 pm
1 large cup of coffee every morning.

I think there is about 2 cups of water to it, and I use over 1/3 of a cup of grounds to make that one cup..

jazzed in sludge is an understatement for me..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:25 pm
Adding, I need to not get near doughnuts/donuts: they're an old vice. Although lately I've bought one about once a year from the market and they taste just... wrong. I don't want to have to do a donut shoppe test run, that could be a big mistake.

On, and I have now something like 1.5 cups of coffee on the average morning. No wonder I'm so stu..
Never mind.

Anyway, I hardly ever don't have a cuup in the morning - I like the ritual.
0 Replies

Mukka

Tue 6 May, 2008 12:58 pm
In my mom's expresso machine ... Surprised

after lunch and dinner .... and when i'm feeling sleepy in the middle of the afternoon....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Tue 6 May, 2008 01:04 pm
There's a local chain here in West Michigan called Beaners. Apparently someone took offense and now they are being renamed "Bigby".

I like Beaners better.
0 Replies

quinn1

Tue 6 May, 2008 01:06 pm
I'm a huge Dunkin fan and can sometimes find myself craving the stuff even. Especially in the summer. A nice DD Iced Coffee or --ohhhh the pleasure of a Coolata..yummm!

I make due at home with whatever really. But, Dunks is a great place to go for coffee.

I can't stand Starbucks - too well done burnt like taste. Which is crazy cuz I do love my coffee and I like it strong but - that stuff..yuk.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Tue 6 May, 2008 01:09 pm
That's why people call them Charbucks.
0 Replies

nips

Tue 6 May, 2008 01:17 pm
i didnt like coffe my whole life then i tried it again a few months ago and it was great, all the buzz. but now i cant drink it again, bit odd that