Why are so many health coverage companies advertising on TV these days?

chai2

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 04:25 pm
@izzythepush,
As I already said, I'm not going to get drug down your drama path, and as linkat said, I'm not going to stoop to your level.

You've not so subtly tried and tried multiple times here to turn this into a yet another hate fest, and when that didn't work, you take off your mask.

On your end you've gotten your wish to tell others how awful they are, so you're satified on your side. It's good you got to where you wanted to go.

Please give me/us your last word, so I don't have to appear that I'm trying making some devestating final comment. Just go for it and be done. The floor is yours.
izzythepush

Thu 10 Oct, 2019 04:48 pm
@chai2,
You don't have to go any where, but you're not going to tell me that a system that allows poor people to die from preventable diseases is anything but a disgrace in a developed world.

And you knew if you kept this up you'd get the response you got. And now you can get to feel all self important and sanctimonious.
TheSubliminalKid

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 03:33 am
Presented without comment (Canada just being used as an example:)

https://external-preview.redd.it/tcnRcCHWwR4w-sd9HCDQo-if1xK8V0jMxvAH3UcTFVE.jpg?auto=webp&s=808e109c34bd2284a21f89d4eb8e42bd4445cb09
izzythepush

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 03:43 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
What do you expect? We've got people bending over backwards to excuse a system that murders poor people. Linkat has deliberately posted misleading comments about our tax system. The only reason she would do this is because she thinks her opulent lifestyle is more important than the lives of poor children.

It's like Sandy Hook when the NRA marched in celebration of the murder of children while insulting and threatening the grieving parents.

They think paying tax is a bad thing while we think killing children is a bad thing.
There's no way to square that circle.
TheSubliminalKid

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 04:56 am
I mean, perhaps it’s just me, but I’d be more than happy to pay more taxes (even on a modest income as I’ve only been in a full time office job for three years) if it meant that other people didn’t have to suffer through horrendous illnesses without treatment because of…

…empathy?

I mean a lot of political debate, especially with Americans and especially surrounding healthcare, often just feels like I’m saying “I don’t know how to tell you that you should really care about other people.”
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 05:07 am
@izzythepush,
To quote Greta Thunberg: "People are dying, and all you can think about is money."
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:51 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Linkat has deliberately posted misleading comments about our tax system.

I did not - I just posted what your own tax system states is your tax rate.

I even stated there could be other factors including deductions and so forth in which I am unaware. I made it clear that there could be other factors.

I explained that I have relative experience in the field - I have a masters degree in economics as well as a bachelors in finance and economics along with over 25 years experience in the finance field. I've worked on both the accounting and tax side of things for investment products. So I have a good working and educational knowledge of these things - I also made it clear that I do not have experience in your country's taxation.

I made clear my strengths and weaknesses in the area. So I did not deliberately mislead anyone. I was very clear.

On the other hand - you continually change the subject to what I was stating to muddy the waters to fit whatever agenda you seem to have in place. You insult people and make assumptions - where are your facts that I have an opulent lifestyle and I do not care about poor children? My own children is working part time so that she can raise money to travel to south america to help build homes and work in a clinic for poor children. We do not have the money so she can do this so she went out and got a job to pay to volunteer for this - I know, I know- that sounds opulent and as if we do not care about poor children.

Not once did I insult or degrade your country's systems whether it be healthcare or your taxation or how you treat your poor. I am respectful others that are different from me and realize that there is not one right way to do things. All I did was just state the facts as I understand them.

You start ranting about murder and opulent lifestyles and Sandy Hook and killing children.

One these items have nothing to do with what we were discussing, two you have no facts just opinions on the matters, and three it is very offensive for you speak so easily about something so close to where I live - it is not only rude, offensive and completely cruel to so easily speak of young children being killed without experiencing it or having any intimate knowledge of it - I would have expected something better from you - I would never stoop to this level - and there are plenty of personal things that you get upset if anyone even comes close to touching upon. But I will not go there.

You like to show one side of things the negative side when you disagree - not any positive side of something you may disagree with. You show a deep anger and misunderstanding of others rather than trying to understand and be open to understand things that are different.

I have not once stated whether higher taxes were bad or not - I simply stated that your taxes are significantly higher which pays for healthcare therefore your healthcare is not "free". Not sure why that sets you off - it is a fact.

As I stated before one is not necessarily better than the other just different. I do not know your healthcare system so I would not venture to criticize - whereas on the other hand you do not hesitate to criticize anything you do not agree with in complete disregard to offending anyone but god forbid anyone else on here were to ever touch upon something that were to be personal or come across negative to you. It is your way or the highway.

I feel sorry for you - sorry that you will never be in a position to see the positive side of things to let your anger go and learn from others. Be open to those that have a different opinion or to learn from facts - that is what happens when you are closed mind and angry.
Linkat

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You don't have to go any where, but you're not going to tell me that a system that allows poor people to die from preventable diseases is anything but a disgrace in a developed world.

And you knew if you kept this up you'd get the response you got. And now you can get to feel all self important and sanctimonious.

Please provide the facts - not opinions.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:45 am
@Linkat,
The Facts are your system allows people to die from preventable diseases.

You have deliberately misrepresented the amount of tax most people pay. There is no significant difference. That is a downright lie.

You are supporting a system that kills the poor by spreading lies and half truths about UHC.

Those are the facts, and it's reasonable to assume that the only reason you do this is because you want things to stay just as they are, with poor people being killed by neglect, just so you can go on cruises and the like.
TheSubliminalKid

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 08:16 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I simply stated that your taxes are significantly higher which pays for healthcare therefore your healthcare is not "free". Not sure why that sets you off - it is a fact.

You're very eager to say these are "facts", all while waving around your precious lifelong experience, while using adverbials of manner that cannot be used as facts and cannot be held up in that way.

The issue here is with your word 'significantly'. What does 'significantly' mean to you? What does 'significantly' mean to anyone? Are they significant for the richer in society? Or poorer? How would the richer and poorer define "significantly"?

You may have experience in economics, but I have experience in law. I work for attorneys, and I've had to explain to clients that they cannot use the word "significantly" because of the margin of differentiation in what significantly can mean.

Don't start going on about how you're "just saying facts" when that word greatly throws out the meaning, especially depending on who you're listening to. It's interesting how right-wingers often talk about "facts" when it's either their own opinion or a skew of the facts, or deliberate misrepresentation.

In court, your statement would not hold up as fact. You want to piss about quoting your qualifications and experience? So can I.

Linkat wrote:

I have a masters degree in economics as well as a bachelors in finance and economics

Good for you.

Shame you haven't learnt an ounce of empathy for your fellow human being, but like I quoted before: "People are dying and all you can talk about is money."

You're more than happy to shrug, allowing Jeff Bezos and his ilk to hoard obscene amounts of capital while telling people they will have to die in the streets because of "economics".

But please, continue to talk about how your knowledge of economics and money and finances has taken away all empathy and human emotion.
Linkat

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 08:34 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
TheSubliminalKid wrote:

The issue here is with your word 'significantly'. What does 'significantly' mean to you? What does 'significantly' mean to anyone? Are they significant for the richer in society? Or poorer? How would the richer and poorer define "significantly"?

In accounting - anything over 5% is considered material. since we are comparing tax brackets and we are looking at 20% vs 40% - it is reasonable (as working in law even though you are not an attorney) you should understand the concept of what a reasonable is - if 5% is material by definition, it is easy to surmise that 20% would be significant.

The facts were the tax brackets which I can provide links if ones were not provided. But seeing you are so intelligent and work with lawyers even though not a lawyer yourself - you should be able to find these on your own as you probably would not trust what send even if from the IRS's website.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 08:48 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Quote:
Shame you haven't learnt an ounce of empathy for your fellow human being, but like I quoted before: "People are dying and all you can talk about is money."

Did you read anything at all of what I wrote - shame on you for not considering the personal impact that something like a Shady Hook has impacted me.

However, I have no need to defend myself and money is part of life you should be all over izzy for asking the questions about money then - apparently all the two of you care about is money and what is consider significant vs not significant. So Shame on you for only caring about that when there are people dying.

Basically what you are doing is pulling one word out and questioning so if it makes you feel better I retract the word significant and replace that with material as this is an accepted accounting term with an accepted % threshold in the industry.
Linkat

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 08:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The Facts are your system allows people to die from preventable diseases.

You have deliberately misrepresented the amount of tax most people pay. There is no significant difference. That is a downright lie.

You are supporting a system that kills the poor by spreading lies and half truths about UHC.

Those are the facts, and it's reasonable to assume that the only reason you do this is because you want things to stay just as they are, with poor people being killed by neglect, just so you can go on cruises and the like.

Provide that support please that proves what you are stating - I pulled right from IRS and taxation websites.

You talk of system that kills poor but you do not provide any support or facts - just your opinion - which is fine if that is your opinion but do not speak and say these are facts - it is opinion. What you are saying is pure propaganda coming from anger and hate and no real personal knowledge or facts. Stating people are dying is fact - people are dying everywhere - you have experienced death, I have. Besides that nothing of you state is based on identifiable facts.

You do not live here - have you even visited? Have you ever lived here for a period of time? I, personally have visited throughout the UK and Europe backpacking - I still would not claim to know your system thoroughly and would not claim facts on a system I have not directly participated in.

I am done at this point as you are talking in anger and I will not participate.

Enjoy your weekend. Peace
TheSubliminalKid

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 09:08 am
@Linkat,
And still all you can do is talk about money because you haven't been able to understand a thing I said.

Fat lot of good that supposed Master's from Hot Dog on a Stick Management College has got you.
izzythepush

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 09:18 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
A new study from the Harvard School of Medicine says that 45,000 people die every year due to a lack of health insurance, and therefore a lack of access to ongoing medical care for a wide variety of treatable conditions. This seems so obvious as to not need documenting, but studies like this are still very important.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2018/10/15/study-45000-deaths-per-year-due-to-lack-of-health-insurance/

That factual enough for you? 45,000 deaths a year because people couldn't afford insurance.

That doesn't include those whose insurance doesn't cover the costs.

It's not just lousy healthcare in America that causes premature deaths it's poverty. It's very hard to get a figure that is just about healthcare because there are so many other factors like poor housing, malnutrition and poor nutrition.

The real figure of those who die from poverty is considerably higher.

You're like talking to gun nuts, they also refuse to accept the flaming obvious, insisting comparable gun deaths in the UK and US are listed, even though everyone knows significantly more people are killed by guns in America.

It's the same with healthcare, everyone knows more people die in the US than other developed countries.

45,000, is the base figure, clearly the real figure is higher.

Those deaths are what you've been arguing in favour of, despite what you want to tell yourself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 11 Oct, 2019 09:20 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Tax and economics are not the same thing at all. Knowing about economic rent and supply and demand won't be of any help when you need to calculate tax liability.

When I worked as a National Insurance Inspector my A level in Economics was no use at all.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Mon 14 Oct, 2019 06:23 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Quote:

Did you read anything at all of what I wrote - shame on you for not considering the personal impact that something like a Shady Hook has impacted me.

Boom, there it is.

Personal impact.

Try having empathy for something that doesn't affect you.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Oct, 2019 03:52 am
Why is Medicare more important than Medicaid?
Sturgis

Tue 15 Oct, 2019 02:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why do you believe one is more important than the other?
They are separate. Different from each other in several ways. Additionally, a person can have both. These folks have what is known as dual eligibility.
JGoldman10

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 02:40 am
@Sturgis,
I don't necessarily think one is more important than the other, but do more people have Medicare than Medicaid? It sure seems like it.
0 Replies