3
   

Ecology and Environmentalism in the 21st Century

 
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 11:37 am
@JGoldman10,
You live on this planet, you are part of the process. If you isolate yourself from the World then very little of what you produce will be relevant.

Watching Christian telly isn't going to give you much of a clue as to what's going on in the World. You should watch the news.

Who is your work for, kids who watch Christian TV?

I can't see it appealing to anyone else, and with your skill for gaffes you'll probably call the main character something wholly inappropriate and find yourself blacklisted.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 11:39 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I talk to my pastor and ex-pastor over the phone. I sometimes email my pastor.


Don't you go to church?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 11:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

It's good young people are being made aware through mascots that ecology and environmentalism is important.


It's not young people who are the problem. It's those polluters who put profit over people.

Although, Utopia has a slightly different message.

0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 11:48 am
@izzythepush,
Don't insult the toons and comics I want to produce. I want to produce toons and comics to be showcased and monetized online.

A lot of people are producing toons and comics to be seen online these days and are making good money doing so.

It's a shame it took me a long time to realize that I want to do this.

I don't have to move out to Hollywood to go make cartoons for a living or work for a major publisher like DC or Marvel to produce comics.

I could produce comic strips for local American newspapers and distribute them through a syndicate, but I don't know if that's worth doing now at this point. There's been a decline in the number of strips that are being showcased in American newspapers now, according to some research I did and what others told me in another thread.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 11:59 am
@izzythepush,
My pastor is out-of-state. My family and I watch his sermons which he streams every week. We have church service at home.
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 12:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I went to school for ANIMATION. I want to produce my own CARTOONS and comics. This is not relevant to the discussion.

I don't watch a lot of REGULAR TV. Most TV I watch is CHRISTIAN TV.

I mention a few CARTOON environmentalist mascots. That's a reason to mock someone?


Sorry not mocking you - just stating a fact - it is a bit obvious as you do not realize one of the largest concerns and items discussed in every day news and part of pretty much everyone's lives.

If you do not realize that ecology and environment is not as large (it is even larger today) as years ago - citing cartoon characters as your reason - then it would be reasonable to assume you are living in a fantasy world of all your own. And since you love cartooning so much - you seem to live and breathe it as pretty much anything you have posted has a cartoon twist to it - then it is logical to surmise that fantasy world revolves around cartooning.
0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 12:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
It would be very easy for you to do a search on FRACKING and get a whole load of data and information on this.

It pretty much is destroying our blue mountains - where by the way my daughter studies environmental science.
0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 12:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

My pastor is out-of-state. My family and I watch his sermons which he streams every week. We have church service at home.


Are there no churches within driving distance?
Rebelofnj
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 12:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
Is there a reason why you kept yourself isolated except for a handful of people?

You say "The internet is pretty much my window to the world, so to speak." But you seem to be very far behind in current events as well as pop culture, when it is very easy to be up to date with the internet.

If this was 1980, then it would be reasonable to see how you can be isolated. Except it is 2019, and you are talking to people who not even living in the same state or country as you.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 12:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

It's a shame it took me a long time to realize that I want to do this.


And your research/questioning/ procrastination has gone on even longer.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 12:55 pm
@Linkat,
Don't concern yourself with that. My family supports our out-of-state pastor's ministry. We have daily prayer conferences with him every week.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 12:58 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Gee, I don't know. Maybe because I don't really like dealing with people in person?

I am friends with that cartoonist I met whom I told you about on YouTube.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 01:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Lol. 1980. Laughing

I was barely alive and you weren't even born yet.
Rebelofnj
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 01:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
That doesn't explain why you are far behind in current events, when you have internet access. Unless you are purposely avoiding and ignoring the news for other reasons.

I still find it odd that you are trying to produce entertainment for people despite your disdain of working with people in real life.
Rebelofnj
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 01:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
I picked a random year. Nothing to do with age. More to do with what technology was available in which time period.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 01:41 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I would like to work with voice actors who can help me voice my characters for my own cartoons.

I still need to work with people if I want to publish and distribute my own comics.

I have to deal with people to get the tools, resources and materials I need to produce my own toons and comics. I have to deal with people to learn how to use some of this stuff.

I still have to deal with people if I want to approach them about funding.

I said most of the TV I watch is Christian TV. I am aware of the fact that the media and the government has been talking about Trump's impeachment.

I was being a bit facetious when I said I don't like dealing with people.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 01:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
Most creative types don't tend to be especially religious.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 01:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Not all writers and artists are Christians.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 01:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The reason I don't really keep up with current events and trends because I don't really have the time to do that.

For reasons I am not at liberty to discuss here. It's personal.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2019 01:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
Isn't that what I just said?

There are some people who you can always guess what they're going to say. Not you though, you give real left field responses. It's what makes you interesting.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 12/06/2021 at 12:18:51