Breathing issue/pet allergy

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 07:13 pm
I’d really appreciate some help!

I’ve had trouble for months in the form of a stuffy nose, runny nose, and basic head cold feeling. This only happens when I sit. It’s worsened in the past couple months, in that it takes very little time sitting to kick off.

The only reason I’m addressing it now is that a new pet has worsened it. I had a ferret years ago and I would break out in a mild rash after holding her. Just a rash. No big deal. However my new ferret has a deeper issue which I think is exacerbated by whatever has been going on for months. After handling him my nose runs, there’s coughing, sometimes wheezing, and it’s just so awful. There’s still a rash but I don’t care about that. So I want to solve the base problem now. I don’t want to get rid of my pet, and truly believe it will improve if I can handle whatever else is going on in my body.

I do have dust allergies but have checked - it happens ANYWHERE that I am sitting. Someone told me it might be my lymph nodes? I’m female, 30, slightly overweight. Please help me!

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 05:09 am
@PetPuzzler,
What does your doctor say?
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 06:48 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

What does your doctor say?

Yep agreed -go to your doctor with symptoms - also provide the detail you provided us here.

Doctor may be able to determine if it is allergy or something completely different that you never thought of. If it is an allergy doctor may be able to prescribe you something to help with symptoms or provide instructions on what you can do to minimize these so you can keep your pets.
PetPuzzler

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 06:49 am
@Linkat,
My health care is pretty crap so I’ve been avoiding going in. That’s why I’ve let it go so long - can’t afford it anytime soon. Sounds like there’s no alternative though?

It definitely can’t be solely a pet allergy because it started months before I got my little guy.
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 09:14 am
@PetPuzzler,
PetPuzzler wrote:

My health care is pretty crap so I’ve been avoiding going in. That’s why I’ve let it go so long - can’t afford it anytime soon. Sounds like there’s no alternative though?

It definitely can’t be solely a pet allergy because it started months before I got my little guy.

We are not doctors here so it would be irresponsible for any of us to give you advice; not to mention just blame dumb for you take any advice for medical reasons over the internet.

Can you call your doctor? Sometimes they can give you suggestions over the phone (depending on your situation) - I know mine will let me know if it sounds like some bug going around, if they suspect allergy they may suggest something over the counter you can try, and most important when and if you should come in to see the doctor. All this at no cost to you.
engineer

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 09:16 am
@PetPuzzler,
It sounds like you love your pet, but allergies are serious and get worse with repeated exposure. Regardless of what your current issue is, you need to re-home your pet for your own health.
0 Replies

PetPuzzler

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 09:39 am
@Linkat,
I thought that was the point of this forum. Guess I’ve learnt otherwise.
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 09:59 am
@PetPuzzler,
PetPuzzler wrote:

I thought that was the point of this forum. Guess I’ve learnt otherwise.

It is to get advice - not medical advice.

Be honest with yourself do you really think it is smart to get medical advice some a group of people you have no idea who they are, and what sort of knowledge they have?

If I suggested you take a certain combination of medicines and you would be cured would you do it? Someone could suggest something that is deadly at worst or make you ill at best. There is a reason a doctor goes to school an gets medical training for so many years. I could claim I am a medical doctor for kicks and then go on and advise you something that could be deadly.

Not really smart.

And you did get advice - you got the best advice which was suggesting you ask your doctor.
0 Replies