1. Immediately stop using whatever was over-exfoliating your skin.
2. Don’t exfoliate at all until your irritated skin heals.
3. Be very gentle with your skincare routine.
4. Be careful putting any creams or liquid makeup on your over-exfoliated skin.
5. Beware of “hidden” exfoliation.
6. Put away all those masks for now.
7. Apply the most healing and nourishing oil you can find.
8. Take excess oil off if you’re worried about breakouts
9. Don’t wash your face thoroughly twice a day.
10. Invest in a shower filter if you don’t have one already.
11. Nourish your skin from the inside out.
12. Don’t be shy – nourish your skin throughout the day.
13. Use aloe vera to cool and soothe your skin.