Is Joe Biden sick?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 03:23 am
@JGoldman10,
You'd be better off reading what the candidates say themselves. Let's face it, some snakeoil preacher won't have any problems telling you who to vote for.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 03:28 am
@izzythepush,
You aren't listening. It's not a preacher's job to tell people who to vote for. They can inform people about what the candidates stand for.

A number of televangelists tried to tell people not to vote for Obama when he ran for president the first time. That was not their place to do so.

I am going to pray and ask the LORD whom I should vote for. I am going to do research on the candidates' campaign platforms.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 04:01 am
@JGoldman10,
The thing is you're very gullible and naïve, and you'll probably end up doing what some "holy man" tells you to do.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 04:16 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

A number of televangelists tried to tell people not to vote for Obama when he ran for president the first time. That was not their place to do so.

They didn't have any such problems getting people to vote for racist, criminal, cheating, adulterous Trump though, probably because he wasn't black.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
Are to referring to GOD as a "holy man"?

I know you aren't a Christian- let me break this down for you.

Christians are filled with the Holy Spirit once they get Saved and accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

God is tribune- there are three parts to Him- the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

The Lord, through the Holy Spirit, will reveal to me and lead me to whom I should vote for.

He will discern to me who to vote for.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 11:40 am
@izzythepush,
You are forgetting Trump is sexist and acts like a Nazi.

Some American televangelists, whom I am not going to mention by name, act like Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

A number of TV preachers acted like Obama was a Muslim sympathizer or a terrorist.

That had nothing to do with him being Black.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 11:41 am
@izzythepush,
I voted for Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama because they all said they were Christians.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 12:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
Calling Obama a Muslim and a terrorist as well as questioning his birth all happened because he was black.

That's how these people operate.

Quote:
A US interracial couple was turned away by a wedding venue because the owner said their union went against her Christian beliefs, video shows.

The footage was filmed at Boone's Camp Event Hall in Booneville, Mississippi, by the groom's sister who met the woman about the rejection.

During the exchange the owner says the decision was because we "don't do gay weddings or mixed race".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49571207

A lot of these hardline "Christians" are awful, bigoted people.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 12:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Are to referring to GOD as a "holy man"?

No. I'm referring to those who claim to know what God thinks.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 12:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
Not to get involved with the larger debate here, but Trump still has high approval among Christian groups, specifically white evangelical Protestants.

And it turns out those who go to church every Sunday are even more supportive of President Trump. Take that as you will.

I should mention that Trump does have poor support from black Protestants and nonwhite Catholics.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/03/18/evangelical-approval-of-trump-remains-high-but-other-religious-groups-are-less-supportive/
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 01:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Clinton, G.W. Bush, Obama...said they were Christians.

Trump claims to be one as well.

Unfortunately the U.S.A is unwilling to elect solely on the basis of what they can do for the nation and its peoples. If a candidate doubts the existence of God or good grief, says there is no god, they are doomed as far as national electability. Even John F. Kennedy had trouble just for being a Roman Catholic. (many protestants don't think Catholics are Christians in the realest sense of true Christianity)
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 01:18 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
many protestants don't think Catholics are Christians in the realest sense of true Christianity

Yup. Some of them think Catholics are part of a cult. I know of one person who believes that all because he read a book called The Truth About Catholicism years ago.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 02:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Not necessarily. Obama's dad was Kenyan. People were questioning Obama's country of origin and the authenticity of his birth certificate because of this. Some people didn't want to believe he was born in Hawaii.

American law says you can't become president if you weren't born in the U.S.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 02:52 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The book is called The Truth About Roman Catholicism.

Jimmy Swaggart's ministry has a DVD series out about this also:

https://www.shopjsm.org/p-9164-the-truth-about-catholicism.aspx
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 03:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
Trump's dad was German, nobody is questioning his nationality.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 03:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
There was no backlash towards Ted Cruz (born in Calgary, Canada) when he was running for President. No questioning of his birth certificate. For a time, he was considered one of the frontrunners for the GOP nomination for president.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 03:28 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Really. How come Cruz was allowed to run for president, when Schwarzenegger couldn't? Both are foreign-born.

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 03:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Ted Cruz's mother is American born, same as Obama's mother, while Schwarzenegger's parents were born in Austria. It should also be noted that former Republican candidate John McCain was born in an American military base in Panama.

As long as one of the child's parents is American born, then the child is as well, regardless of birthplace. There is considerable constitutional debate if this applies to the Presidency.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 07:31 pm
So the bigots were just picking on Obama because he's a person of color. Okay.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 12:44 am
@JGoldman10,
And they were looking for other excuses, even though he was born in America, they came out with a load of nonsense about the constitution blah blah blah. Not one of them stood up and said he shouldn't be president because he's black.

I'd have more time for them if they did, at least they would be being honest.
0 Replies