What do you think of the mainstream religions that are homophobic and misogynous?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 10:37 am
@Greatest I am,
That was the point I was going to make. Why had you not mentioned gnosis until now?

It's almost like you don't want to discuss Gnostic Christianity at all, just play cheap tricks and score points.

You're not likely to win many hearts and minds by being so insufferably smug though. You might want to lighten up a bit, and not be quite so confrontational.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 11:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That was the point I was going to make. Why had you not mentioned gnosis until now?

It's almost like you don't want to discuss Gnostic Christianity at all, just play cheap tricks and score points.

You're not likely to win many hearts and minds by being so insufferably smug though. You might want to lighten up a bit, and not be quite so confrontational.

That is what the inquisitors said.

You have shown your lack of a moral sense and I am happy to keep pointing out your corrupted morals.

If you wish to learn of my better Gnostic Christian ideology, ask anything you like.

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 11:36 am
@Greatest I am,
All I've done is question your motives, and each time I've done that you've behaved in a very aggressive manner.

It's not looking very good.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 05:29 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

All I've done is question your motives, and each time I've done that you've behaved in a very aggressive manner.

It's not looking very good.

I do not like deflections from religious hypocrites and if you cannot glean why I fight evil then you show what a small mind you really have.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 12:16 am
@Greatest I am,
You're making a huge amount of assumption. You're the hypocrite, claiming to be a Gnostic Christian yet keeping quiet about what it means.

You're not very bright, if you were you'd realise it wasn't just fundamentalist/literalist Christians who had a problem with you but anyone who can spot a snakeoil salesman a mile off.

Your problem is you're used to telling people what to do, but you lack the wherewithal, vision, intelligence and charisma to do it on anything other than a very small scale.

You're a Gnostic Christian the same way Living lava is a literalist Christian, it's more about your own importance than anything positive the religion has to offer.

That's why I refer to you as a self styled Gnostic Christian because you're so very ersatz and I don't wish to offend any genuine Gnostic Christians.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 01:01 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

I do not like deflections from religious hypocrites and if you cannot glean why I fight evil then you show what a small mind you really have.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

You should take another look at your responses. Members cannot discuss ideas with you if you choose to disparage people. Perhaps you don't understand how all this looks. I admire your resolve to fight evil, but others asking you a question to determine direction doesn't mean they are evil. Perhaps they can help you fight evil, Eleanor would help you.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 03:45 am
@glitterbag,
Gnostic Christianity has a lot going for it, and most Gnostic Christians are quite smart and interesting.

And it's non evangelical, they don't go out trying to drum up members because the belief is that sooner or later everyone will turn to Gnosis, (it may take a few lifetimes, the early Christians had no problems with reincarnation.)

The OP is very different, he chooses his own version of Gnostic Christianity to attack mainstream Christians. That's about as far from genuine Gnostic Christianity as it's possible to get.
livinglava

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 07:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Gnostic Christianity has a lot going for it, and most Gnostic Christians are quite smart and interesting.

And it's non evangelical, they don't go out trying to drum up members because the belief is that sooner or later everyone will turn to Gnosis, (it may take a few lifetimes, the early Christians had no problems with reincarnation.)

The OP is very different, he chooses his own version of Gnostic Christianity to attack mainstream Christians. That's about as far from genuine Gnostic Christianity as it's possible to get.

You don't have to subscribe to any particular sub-genre of Christianity, or any particular religion/philosophy in general to develop thoughts and beliefs that are true to Holy Spirit.

All that is required for truth/faith to Holy Spirit is to truly "seek that ye may find"

You might discover revelations while interacting with Gnostic Christianity, or Catholicism, or while reading some critique of Christianity, or while studying Buddhism, or Confucius, or secular philosophy.

Truth is not guaranteed by the source of information but by whether it 'rings true' when it interacts with conscience. Your conscience should tell you when something seems to be right or wrong, and following that compass should guide you like a compass in the right direction, if you are sincere in wanting to know truth and not just gain power/pleasure in some form or other. If your actual motive is something other than truth, that is what you will ultimately arrive at, probably at the expense of truth.

But there's certainly no reason to be biased against sources in the search for truth, i.e. because studying the worst and most false information still provides you with a clearer understanding of what is wrong with that information and why. Granted when people are inundated with false information, the temptation grows to accept relative truth/right/goodness as valid without seeking further, but by confessing pragmatism itself, you become able to recognize the compromises you make for the sake of practicality as states to transcend, not to idealize, and that allows you to keep moving toward an ever-higher, narrower path.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 10:08 am
@livinglava,
You wouldn't know truth if it bit you on the arse.
livinglava

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 10:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You wouldn't know truth if it bit you on the arse.

Why don't you find a new way to initiate discussion than insult?

You sow these seeds of negativity and they bloom and grow and make threads bad.

Stop making discussion bad.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 10:18 am
@livinglava,
I don't want to discuss anything with you I thought I'd made that clear. Your brand of Christianity is toxic and your politics are fascistic and simple minded.

livinglava

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 10:56 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't want to discuss anything with you I thought I'd made that clear.

Then don't reply to my posts.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:20 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Regards
DL

You should take another look at your responses. Members cannot discuss ideas with you if you choose to disparage people. Perhaps you don't understand how all this looks. I admire your resolve to fight evil, but others asking you a question to determine direction doesn't mean they are evil. Perhaps they can help you fight evil, Eleanor would help you.

I do not disparage intelligence and good morals.

As to the rest.

Jordan Peterson
In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive

I give what I get and call spades, spades.

They killed Jesus and if I get anything less than death, I will continue to speak the honest truth even it that hurts those who do not want to know the truth.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:24 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

???

I cannot believe that one of your intelligence could be so wrong.

We called Yahweh a vile demiurge from the get go.

If you do not see that as a verbal/ideological attack on early Christianity -----

If you do not see the evil in the mainstream misogynous and homophobic religions, you have a corrupted moral sense.

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:52 pm
@Greatest I am,
I'm not at all surprised that one of your intelligence would totally misinterpret what I've written.

It's like I've written something else entirely, or you've only got a certain amount of responses and are not used to being by someone who knows what Gnostic Christianity is.

It's like you don't get. Your attacks on Yahweh are vitriolic, using terms like vile.

Most Gnostic opinions that I've read concerning the demiurge see him as a blind creature, not necessarily evil, and one that had a purpose to fulfil.

If you look at my original post, which you've quoted you'll see that I'm questioning your motivations.

You don't act like someone willing to discuss or educate, you sound like a cult leader who wants to tell people what to do.

You post deliberately confrontational material which you know will upset mainstream Christians without saying why you feel that way, or how Gnostic Christianity is different from mainstream, no you keep all that to yourself. All you do is attack people for believing the way they do, and insulting their deity just to cause maximum offence.

Here's an example.

Greatest I am wrote:

I am talking logos and you are talking mythos and the two do not mix.

You're talking to Living Lava, and you seem quite comfortable with him because he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. And you can lay money on him not knowing what a logos is, but instead of trying to explain it to him, you go all smug.

Someone's beliefs aren't as important as how they are as a person. It's how they live their lives, and a mainstream Christian is trying to live with Christ as their example then fair play to them. It doesn't matter whether or not Yahweh is the supreme being, the demiurge or just a myth, what matters is how that person treats others. And there are lots of very decent mainstream Christians who don't deserve to be dismissed out of hand by you.

You are self centred, domineering, opinionated, rude and a bit thick. I know quite a few mainstream Christians who a far better people than you.

(There's also a bunch of hypocritical arseholes out there as well, but I'm not talking about them.)
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2019 08:12 pm
Bite me.

Regards
DL
0 Replies