The Great Qu'ran Carnival

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:04 pm
Well well, after trashing the left wing liberal media, blaming them for unrest in Afghanistan and elsewhere and after the general right wing nut frothing at the mouth, looks like the whole story has a major ring of truth.

C'mon fellas (and one gal) let's hear the pro right spin....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/03/AR2005060301417_pf.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,536 • Replies: 80
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:06 pm
Well, this is the third posting of it in the last 2 hours so I'm sure everyone will see it. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:08 pm
sorry..... been busy today..not paying attention....please forgive my horrendous blunder...I'm ready for my lashing :wink:
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:11 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
sorry..... been busy today..not paying attention....please forgive my horrendous blunder...I'm ready for my lashing :wink:

Fridays are for slacking, but everyday is good for a lashing.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:16 pm
I wonder how many deaths this will cause?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:19 pm
I think we've also confirmed that some of the detainees at Gitmo are members of the organization that flew civilian airliners into the World Trade Center and Pentagon.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:22 pm
Well, how dare we kick their books?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 01:59 am
CNN is reporting on the front page right now that the Pentagon says an internal investigation reveals that "Detainees, not soldiers, flushed Quran".

You know, I don't really care who pisses on, spits on, kicks, spindles or mutilates a book! But people are so gullible that the Pentagon could say Elmer Fud was the one who flushed the Quran and people would believe it.

I was waiting for this turn of events...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:09 am
Ticomaya wrote:
I wonder how many deaths this will cause?

And which news, liberal, or democratic organization the White House will scapegoat for it?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:13 am
Ticomaya wrote:

Quite frankly I couldn't care less if the quran gets kicked or flushed either, my amusement is the mouth frothing of the right about being the good guys who would never sanction or do such a thing, who respect everyones beliefs and are fighting for their rights to have them and it's all bullshit. We're just a powerful country trying to obtain a stranglehold on power and we'll do any f**king thing to that end. Our leaders are like every other, and more brutal and conniving than most.

We don't kill and torture our own....yet.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:34 am
Ticomaya wrote:

Quite frankly I couldn't care less if the quran gets kicked or flushed either, my amusement is the mouth frothing of the right about being the good guys who would never sanction or do such a thing, who respect everyones beliefs and are fighting for their rights to have them and it's all bullshit. We're just a powerful country trying to obtain a stranglehold on power and we'll do any f**king thing to that end. Our leaders are like every other, and more brutal and conniving than most.

We don't kill and torture our own....yet.

It seems to have escaped your notice that we are responding to (a) a terrorist organization, Al Qaeda, that attacks us around the world, including on 9/11; and (b) a dictator, Saddam Hussein, who has tortured and murdered his people; used his WMD against his people and a neighbor, Iran, he tried to annex; signed then broke treaties with us; and paid the families of suicide bombers. You show a great deal of sympathy for these people, e.g. protection of their rights when captured, but never seem to find it worthwhile to mention much sympathy for us or our efforts to fight back.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 06:08 am
Oh piss off with that litany Brandon and get real.

I don't display anything except a faintly disgust tinged amusement with you life is precious unless it's our enemy du jour sheep and shepherds who expect the whole world to believe what we say and not what we do.

I love my home as much as you do buddy, but I'm not blind and my view of the world goes beyond you the earth is flat people who think the edge of the planet is three miles out from our borders.

I love my wife, children, friends and relatives. Hell I love myself, but I'm also aware of my friends, loved ones and my own faults and because I'm aware of them my love is not diminished. Grow up.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:17 am
Wouldn't it be nice if we found out that AQ has lost interest in attacking America? But I wonder would that suit those in power?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:30 am
Brandon--

I understand your sentiments very well.

To me, it is insulting for any American to be concerned about book kicking in the face of the fact that most of those detainees would gladly slice the heads off of Westerners, their beloved wives and children.

To focus in on something that means nothing and hurts no one seems like taking sides in the issue--

Why would someone take the side of the ones who want to kill us?

<in search of a Koran to kick>
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:43 am
Lash wrote:

<in search of a Koran to kick>

https://www.cair-net.org/explorethequran/request.asp

Get 'em while they last Smile

<Edit to provide better link>
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 10:51 am
Oh yeah, if one recognizes that we too do our dirt that means one takes the side of the enemy....Jesus Christ how old are you? You would want to crucify them if positions were reversed and they kicked a bible. Rolling Eyes

You do realize that these arab muslims are, according to the Judeo-Christian bible, the children of Ishamel and therefore worship the same God? Therefore by desecrating their holy book you are desecrating the very Christian God who directs your lord and master george bush to keep this war going?

Personally I think the bunch of you, Muslim (but not really) and Christian (but not really) will end up in the fiery pit according to your own beliefs. There isn't a dimes worth of difference bewtween you. Remove the veneer of civility and you're all the same IMO.

When I am in charge there will be a great reckoning. Lash, you and I can work something out to get you on the protected list, just keep it on the down low. That's also a great religious tradition.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 11:25 am
Oh piss off with that litany Brandon and get real.

Attempt to deflect attention from the argument to the arguer.

I don't display anything except a faintly disgust tinged amusement with you

And again.

life is precious unless it's our enemy du jour sheep and shepherds who expect the whole world to believe what we say and not what we do.

Irrelevant. I was pointing out that some of the prisoners have probably participated in murdering our people, and would like to kill more, if they are, indeed, members of Al Qaeda. Not all are innocent. Granted, we should observe proper treatment of prisoners, even if they don't, but your
one-sided preoccupation with our crimes against them, to the exclusion of their very large crimes against us is odd.

I love my home as much as you do buddy, but I'm not blind and my view of the world goes beyond you the earth is flat people who think the edge of the planet is three miles out from our borders.

I love my wife, children, friends and relatives. Hell I love myself, but I'm also aware of my friends, loved ones and my own faults and because I'm aware of them my love is not diminished.

That might make sense, except for the fact that you gleefully trumpet every possibility of a sin by any of our people, but never seem either to say anything good about America, or bad about the people we are fighting.

Grow up.

As though engaging you in debate were somehow immoral.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 11:51 am
Their crimes against us, little guy, are a given, and not the subject of this conversation. If I point out the hypocrisy of this situation, which rests upon OUR leaders, you think I sympthathize and excuse our antagonists. You are clueless in this respect, absolutley clueless, and no matter how many times I state my position clearly to you you will attempt to turn it around and make me an America hater and a terrorst sympathizer. Your position on this particular subjext is idiotic, paranoid, and demonstrates elementary school playground mentality at its best.

So step off with the You hate America bullshit, and go color or something.
There is no engaging you in debate. Debate to you in this instance is a euphemism for "I'm going to air a laundry list of why I'm a better American that you and all roads lead there."

I guess we're all a combination of smart and stupid.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 12:31 pm
Oh yeah, if one recognizes that we too do our dirt that means one takes the side of the enemy....Jesus Christ how old are you? You would want to crucify them if positions were reversed and they kicked a bible. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
You wish. Sorry. Christians do not react with wide-scale mayhem when someone burns a book. The book is paper. It has no bearing on the meaning behind the book. The ME Muslims are a different breed, though. They are intensely superstitous--and brainwashed with rote and ceremony and handwashing before touching books. To equate Christians with those mindless murderers is disengenuous and desperate. As I have said before, items that hold significance for me are burned and torn to shreds all the time. Haven't railed for murder of Bible or flag burners yet.

You do realize that these arab muslims are, according to the Judeo-Christian bible, the children of Ishamel and therefore worship the same God? Therefore by desecrating their holy book you are desecrating the very Christian God who directs your lord and master george bush to keep this war going?
Quote:
My beliefs have nothing in common with theirs.

Personally I think the bunch of you, Muslim (but not really) and Christian (but not really) will end up in the fiery pit according to your own beliefs. There isn't a dimes worth of difference bewtween you. Remove the veneer of civility and you're all the same IMO.
Quote:
Remove the veneer of civility, and they're just like you, too. See you in hell.

0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 01:14 pm
I'll save you a seat up front.
0 Replies