Farewell Note Interpretation: Women & Guys--> Help Requested

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:40 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Ask her what?

Oh yeah, ask her what the hell she was thinking, giving you her email address just as you're moving 1000 miles away.

Oh yeah. It was so you could keep in touch. After you've moved.

ok meanie:

We've got a whole month before we both move. Job together ends in 2 days actually, now.

In one month, we could get married, have a full relationship, get in fights, get pregnant, and get divorced!

Welcome to 21st Century USA!

(Besides, some of those crazy Grandmaster Sexxxay guys here on A2K tell me the first month is the best...) Twisted Evil

But seriously, we got a month! Does that change anything?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:43 pm
I just sent her an email thanking her for the card, wishing her well, got just a tiny tiny bit too mushy, but not suggestive. Included phone number!!!

And I didn't even ask anyone here if I should do it. Perhaps I'm screwed now. I sent the email too fast. But really, it read more like a formal card of "goodbye for now."

How you like me now? :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:45 pm
Like you lots now.

<don't tell Setanta>
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:45 pm
Now all I gotta do is sit back and wait for the invitation for a date from her via email.

The internet is great!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:46 pm
Good for you EM,

You have nothing to lose.

Best of luck.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:47 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Like you lots now.

<don't tell Setanta>

Don't worry, he's not here, he got disgusted with all this long ago... :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:47 pm
extra medium wrote:
Now all I gotta do is sit back and wait for the invitation for a date from her via email.

The internet is great!

Sometmes the internet can be a curse. Ya big chicken! Laughing
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:48 pm
Intrepid wrote:
extra medium wrote:

The internet is great!

Sometmes the internet can be a curse. Ya big chicken! Laughing

Hey that Starship Enterprise computer never made editorial comments...

I don't think...
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:51 pm
If you don't hear from her after a week has gone by, ask her if she would like to go out for a farewell drink.
Something casual.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:52 pm
LTX,

Damn you are good. Thanks...

Don't come around her, ok?

Smooth cat Twisted Evil
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:57 pm
Just don't tell Mrs. Lion OK ?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:22 pm
Well thanks once again everyone for all the advice.

I think the deal is I'm okay at some things, but I'm utterly terrible at reading the language of women, making the first move, all that.

The few relationships I've been in, women have said stuff like "I thought you'd never approach me, what took you so long?"

So thanks and any additional hints of course highly appreciated...
have a great day & weekend
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:25 pm
Beth, you grab his arms, OK? I'll take this Sharpie and write "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SIGNALS" on his forehead...

;-)
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:28 pm
i know on the one hand you are right...

but come on--you're telling me women never actually give real actual signals...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say sometimes there are signals..

Maybe its from women more shy than you...I don't know...

But a few times in my life I definitely have got signals, like WAY too much eye contact & staring...isn't that a signal? I mean it just staring for a long time and smiling....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:33 pm
Yeah, I do know what you mean.

My main point is the one I made in that thread last night. If you spend too much time and energy trying to decode signals, you'll drive yourself insane. Because sometimes there are signals -- sometimes there aren't. Sometimes she just has an eyelash in her eye, she's not winking at you. Sometimes she's just generally friendly, she doesn't want to hop in the sack with you.

There plain isn't a holy grail of signal-decoding, so it's not worth it to chase it to the extent you seem to be.

My overall advice is to approach everyone as a potential friend, and pursue friendships (which may or may not include flirting) in a gradual, organic way, until it becomes actually obvious where she wants things to go. And if it doesn't get there, you have a friend who probably has some friends... and introductions by mutual friends is one of the most effective ways of introduction there are.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:35 pm
sozobe wrote:
Beth, you grab his arms, OK? I'll take this Sharpie and write "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SIGNALS" on his forehead...

;-)

I think the sign on EM's forehead needs to read "I can't read signals. please translate"

Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:37 pm
There ya go. Once we write it, he can go to a tattoo parlor and make it a li'l more permanent...
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:37 pm
ehBeth wrote:
sozobe wrote:

;-)

I think the sign on EM's forehead needs to read "I can't read signals. please translate"

Very Happy

Thats it. Boom. Not great at translating it.

But knowing that, and using Sozobe's advice above, seems like a great plan. Thanks again.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:38 pm
extra medium wrote:

But a few times in my life I definitely have got signals, like WAY too much eye contact & staring...isn't that a signal? I mean it just staring for a long time and smiling....

A year or so back, I went into my bagel shop for breakfast. Immediately I sensed the young hottie behind staring at me. She took my order while making these cutsie faces and holding eye contact. She gave my order to another young woman who became transfixed by my gaze.
I felt like the king of the world.
I recieved my bagels, paid, and departed the shop while these young ladies followed with rapt attention.

I sat down in my car, said to myself "damn, boy...you still got it !"

I looked at my reflection in the rear view mirror...

and saw the biggest booger I have ever seen protruding from my proboscis.

Do you think they thought I was cute ?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:39 pm
With that tattoo, I'll look so hot in the gym! I always wanted a tattoo... Twisted Evil
0 Replies