Do men normally text a female while they're in a wedding?

Sun 1 Sep, 2019 03:53 pm
My friend texted me you keep me smiling. He was in the wedding at that time He should have been busy at that time.

Sturgis

Sun 1 Sep, 2019 04:16 pm
@lisa1471,
If he was a guest and the ceremony hadn't started or had ended then texting might not be that odd.
lisa1471

Sun 1 Sep, 2019 04:35 pm
@Sturgis,
He was in it it was the time it had already started
bobsal u1553115

Sun 1 Sep, 2019 04:41 pm
More importantly, do men abnormally text a female at a wedding?
glitterbag

Sun 1 Sep, 2019 09:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I think we all should wait until Max arrives. He's the only one who is sensitive enough to answer such questions.
Sturgis

Sun 1 Sep, 2019 11:03 pm
@lisa1471,
What does it matter as to why he texted you? He did and that's all you have any need or right to know.

Maybe he was out searching for a deep fried Snickers candy bar and a case of of Irn Bru.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Sun 1 Sep, 2019 11:53 pm
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 06:38 am
@glitterbag,
I love you too, Gliitterbag but you dont have to make every thread about me. I suspect most people are tired of this. I dont know why you think dragging our little passionate romance from thread to thread is a good idea.
maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 06:48 am
I might make a text from a wedding. If this were inappropriate that would be a matter between me and the other wedding participants. I don't think the recipient of the text has anything to say on the matter.

I always look at these things from the other perspective (a good thing in relationship questions). I can't imagine scolding a woman for texting me from a wedding.

It seems like you are setting a bunch of rules for your friend to follow. It kind of makes sense for things that impact you (I.e the hygiene question). But in this case it doesnt impact you at all. This isn't healthy in a relationship.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 08:37 am
It is bad manners to have a cell phone on at all during any function such as a wedding, concert, courtroom, etc.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 12:23 pm
@maxdancona,
She wasn't laughing with you, she was laughing at you. And she was right, you showed up.
maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 01:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

She wasn't laughing with you, she was laughing at you. And she was right, you showed up.

I get it. Glitterbag is being nasty and you are applauding. Now this stupid little spat has spread to yet another thread. Apparently this makes you happy. I suspect that some people are tired of this.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 02:41 pm
@maxdancona,
So why are you feeding it? I think you get off on it.
maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 04:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Glitterbag made a nasty remark diected at me by name on a thread that I hadn't even read yet. I responded.

You piled on. I responded.

I think I have a right to respond to this unprovoked nastiness from you and Glitterbag. Maybe "right" is the wrong word... but to respond to these insults seems natural. I guess I could just ignore it. And yet I don't seem to be ignoring Glitterbag's nasty comments or your silly swipes. I am not reaponsible for bringing this from thread to interminable unrelated thread. I am just responding.

Why don't you two stop? I think you must enjoy it.
Sturgis

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 04:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Nasty?

I detected it to be tinged with a spritzing of humorous teasing.
At any rate, if you think she's on a campaign bent on attacking you, why do you keep responding to her and...

...oh never mind.

Are you trying to convert her to your ideological beliefs? Is that your issue?
maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 05:24 pm
@Sturgis,
Glitterbag has been carrying her spat with me from thread to thread. This is just another example in a series. Bobsal keeps jumping in. Yes, it is nasty.

I have no issue with Glitterbag other than her insistance on bringing whatever grudge she has to thread after thread.

It is possible that deep down she likes me and this is all meant as good natured ribbing. You can ask her. I wish she would stop.

Yes, you are right that I don't have to reapond.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 08:48 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm not sure why he thinks this is nasty,(used the word nasty 6 times..isn't that Trumps term for women?) I was just trying to avoid the usual outrage he expresses whenever I respond to threads about 'relashionships', 'herpes', 'female circumcision', sexual assaults or anything that might be characterized as sympathetic to women or girls.

@bobsal u1553115,
I think we all should wait until Max arrives. He's the only one who is sensitive enough to answer such questions.

In the future I will try to be more deferential.
glitterbag

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 08:51 pm
But, regardless if it's a man or woman, it's incredibly rude to text while attending a wedding or funeral unless it's a frigging emergency, and if it's that dire...leave the event and attend to the emergency....
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 09:09 pm
@glitterbag,
Try being less nasty, Glitterbag. This has nothing to do with being deferential. The problem is that you disagreed with me on other threads, so you dragged your grudge from thread to thread including this one.

When you call me out by name on thread after unrelated thread (something which is against the TOS), I am going to respond. I am human.

If you stop this nasty little crusade, then our feud can stop. I am not the one dragging this from thread to thread.
glitterbag

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 09:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Jesus Max, we don't have a feud. If you are honest with yourself you'll admit it's the other way around. You chime in after me and apologize to creepy guys for my prudish or feminist rants...you never miss an opportunity to refute whatever opinion I have......,..I don't really care, but it seems to bother you.....you claim Bobsal joins up with me to insult you....Do you realize that he's been gone since November 2016 and didn't come back until 15 August 2019, how in the hell has he been tormenting you? Just give it a rest, try thickening up your skin. Plus it's bullshit that I name you in thread after thread after thread, however YOU have done it to me many many times. Want to know how I know? Sometimes I hear from people wondering why I don't respond to your insulting characterizations. Want to know what I tell them? No?, good response.

Really Max you shouldn't be calling other people nasty, not when you treat other people in such a nasty and disrespectful manner.

I know you will respond to this, so by all means have the last word.....I'm just not as invested as you are. Sheesh