Do men normally text a female while they're in a wedding?

maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 09:55 pm
@glitterbag,
It is Glitterbag who derailed this thread. She dragged me into this thread with her nasty comment which referred to me by name before I posted anything on this thread.

On this thread it is pretty clear who is dragging nastiness from thread to thread.
Sturgis

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 10:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
...it is pretty clear who is dragging...

What is abundantly clear at this juncture maxdancona is that you are the one currently dragging stuff along.
The thread derailment came from you when you decided to take umbrage at a comment which bore your moniker.

You say you don't like it or want it, yet you keep responding to glitterbag. Point of fact, while she gently teased about you early in this thread, you are the one who came riding in, arms flailing and saying you are being trailed about.

If someone bothers you, ignore them! Either use the ignore feature or put them on virtual ignore, so you can read their posts but you do not respond (or rarely respond). I've used the virtual ignore for a few people.

It'll make your life and time on this site much more enjoyable.
maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 11:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Really Sturgis.

Glitterbag is fillowing me around from thread to thread in her little temper tantrum... and I am reponsible somehow?

Maybe you think I am a better person .... maybe I am disappointing you. The fact is that Glitterbag invoked my name in a comment that had nothing to do with this thread.

Yes I take umbrage.... but I take no responsibility for Glitterbag's behavior.

Can we all drop this now? If I am not the target of a comment this thread or any other thread, I will have nothing about which to take umbrage.
Sturgis

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 11:13 pm
@maxdancona,
Whatever works for you. I don't view her as being the difficult one here. Perhaps it's all subjective.

Anyways, nothing more to say here.
maxdancona

Mon 2 Sep, 2019 11:29 pm
@Sturgis,
If you mean to set yourself up as umpire, it seems like your strike zone is a lot bigger for the home team. I don't believe I am ever the one to write the first off-topic post in a thread that gets derailed.

Maybe you should be addressing the original provocation rather than the response. But whatever.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:37 am

1REPLYQUOTEEDITDELETEREPORT Mon 2 Sep, 2019 02:51 pm
But, regardless if it's a man or woman, it's incredibly rude to text while attending a wedding or funeral unless it's a frigging emergency, and if it's that dire...leave the event and attend to the emergency....

I think too many people are incredibly rude about their cell phone use......its irritating to serve dinner and see your dil or sil checking her facebook as if they are at a McDonalds. My brother has been married several times, most of his wives think that they are doing me a favor by dining at my table...but who wouldn't be thrilled to plan a menu, cook for a few days, make two cakes because little lump lump doesn't like vanilla or prefers chocolate or Twinkies, or needs their steak grilled until it's almost charcoal. Ever since I was a little girl I didn't dream of the perfect wedding, I dreamt about serving assholes who never pick up a check, who cancel at the last minute......now all my dreams have come true.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 09:16 am
@glitterbag,
I thought you were talking about Maxdog.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 10:41 am
@glitterbag,
Please do not try too hard. I know I won't.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 10:42 am
@maxdancona,
When you try being less a pendant. We were doing swimmingly until you butted in.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 10:43 am
@maxdancona,
You really do think its everyone else and not you!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 11:44 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

When you try being less a pendant. We were doing swimmingly until you butted in.

1. I don't think you meant to say pendant...

2. It is not "everyone" it is a small group of ideological bullies. You, Glitterbag and Izzy have the worst behavior. There are a lot of people I get along just fine with. And, it is only you three who drag this nastiness from thread to thread.

3. I think you meant "pedant"... but that isn't really the problem. The problem is hypocrisy

You and Glitterbag have a political ideology that you want to shove down everyone else's throat. You are perfectly willing to attack other people's perspective and get outraged when anyone as much as questions your own ideology. My crime is that I question this narrow ideology which apparently really pisses you off.

Glitterbag asserts that people who are against abortion "hate woman" and "want to deny women healthcare". Glitterbag is reading these people's mind (as a large, diverse group) and attacking without really understanding what they are thinking.

However, when I said that modern society, as informed by feminism, can be sexually "prudish", Glitterbag flipped. She took this as an outrage, a personal attack on her, and has brought this up in multiple threads including this one.

This is my problem with your little group... All that matters to you is having and expressing the correct political ideology. If someone is offensive, nasty and disruptive... they are OK with you as long as they express the correct opinions.

izzythepush

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 11:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There are a lot of people I get along just fine with.

Name one woman.
maxdancona

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Really Izzy. You think all women are ideological bullies?

I am not sure I am the misogynist here.
izzythepush

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 01:02 pm
@maxdancona,
So you can't name one. Figures.

You have a misogynistic agenda which you push, you feel betrayed so you take it out on all women in general.

You probably believe your own **** too, but it's still ****.

It all boils down to poor poor Max, wicked evil deceitful women, and when a woman fights back you say she flipped. How unreasonable.

It's the same as if I claimed all Bostonians were murdering IRA supporting scum who like to pay for children in Manchester to be blown up.

How could anyone flip out about that?
maxdancona

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 02:44 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't know why you think that womankind need you to speak for them. You are not even a woman yourself. Your belief that somehow women need you to defend them, or that you represent them is ridiculous if not sexist.

I do not accept that you speak for women. My fight is with you... a man who is pushing a political. I have no fight with womankind. You are the one talking about "wicked evil womenkind"... not me.

This argument is because Izzy and Glitterbag are trying to jam a political ideology down everyone else's throat. Anyone who disagrees with them is somehow "misogynist". It is ridiculous.

I don't know how disagreeing with Izzy counts as misogyny.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 3 Sep, 2019 02:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy and Glitterbag provide a good example of how misogyny works.

- Glitterbag is a woman. So of course, disagreeing with her is misogyny.

- Izzy is a defender of women. So disagreeing with him is misogyny as well. Women depend on Izzy to explain how they think and feel... it all makes perfect sense. Disagreeing with a man who represents the entirety of womankind is like disagreeing with every woman at once.

It is a good thing that women have Izzy to explain to us how they all think and feel.

I don't get along with ideological bullies of any gender.
0 Replies