Would only an evil god blame his own creations for the taint therein -- of his poor craftsmanship?

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 10:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's not what Gnostics believe at all.

Sorry.

I have no idea as to what you are referring to.

Which belief are you talking about and are you a Gnostic Christian?

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 10:47 am
@Greatest I am,
What I believe is unimportant. I'm going by what I've read in Jesus and the Goddess.

According to that tome, the snake is not part of the loyal opposition at all. It's a manifestation of the goddess to lead humanity towards Gnosis.

For someone who claims to be Gnostic you're very quiet about Gnosis. I may be wrong but I've only seen you mention it once without any explanation at all.

All you do on A2K is deride and insult, you don't even attempt to explain Gnosticism.

As for what Jewish people believe, I'd rather hear it from them if your track record on Gnosticism is anything to go by.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 11:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What I believe is unimportant. I'm going by what I've read in Jesus and the Goddess.

According to that tome, the snake is not part of the loyal opposition at all. It's a manifestation of the goddess to lead humanity towards Gnosis.

For someone who claims to be Gnostic you're very quiet about Gnosis. I may be wrong but I've only seen you mention it once without any explanation at all.

All you do on A2K is deride and insult, you don't even attempt to explain Gnosticism.

As for what Jewish people believe, I'd rather hear it from them if your track record on Gnosticism is anything to go by.

If you are not deriding those who adore a genocidal prick like Yahweh, your morals are not up to where they should be.

That along with deriding Christianity and Islam, two homophobic and misogynous religions.

As to Gnostic Christianity, I push it when I can and if you have any questions, ask away, without telling me what I think.

Here is what the Jews think, both on the stupid literal reading of myths and the Original Virtue we came out of Eden with thanks to the serpent.

That may be why Moses' staff is serpent headed and why the Levites, the priests of Judaism also venerate the serpent.

http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/doubtingexodus.htm

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/20/comparative-theodicy/

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 11:54 am
@Greatest I am,
All you are doing is throwing out insults towards some decent people.

There are lots of decent Christians who do follow the golden rule, basically love thy neighbour.

And your thinking is muddled and confused. You attack Yahweh, his followers and anyone who doesn't share your psychotic hatred, and then praise a Rabbi.

Most Gnostics don't pay any attention to Judaism, Gnosticism came from Greek philosophy, all the Jewish stuff is a red herring. They worship the Demiurge after all.

In Philip K Dick's The Transmigration of Timothy Archer one of Archer's Jewish friends gets very upset when Archer expresses his Gnostic beliefs because they reduce Judaism to little more than devil worship.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 12:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

All you are doing is throwing out insults towards some decent people.

I sniped the rest of your speculative nonsense as it is garbage.

If a person is decent, he will not adore a genocidal and infanticidal god and will get out of Christianity as they will see Yahweh as evil.

BTW, Gnostic Christians do not worship anything as that is idol worship.

Stop spreading lies about our beliefs.

You G D Christians have been doing that from the time you used your inquisitions on us and lied about what we believed to try to justify your many murders.

Regards
DL

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 12:14 pm
@Greatest I am,
You're rude, nasty and obnoxious.

All you do is insult and castigate.

You're not remotely interested in any form of debate, and you really don't understand what you're talking about.

You wouldn't know morality if it bit you on the arse, you're a self centred narcissist who talks out of his arse.

When I was talking about good Christians I was talking about people like the Quakers, not the bloody inquisition, that should be obvious to anyone who's not a simple minded fanatic.

Your narcissism is why you have to call me a mainstream Christian because that's how your ego works. You have no answers for the criticism given so you argue against something else. You can't accept that it's possible to see you're full of crap without being a Christian or a Muslim or anything.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 12:34 pm
@Greatest I am,
You're not the only person who assigns a belief so they can have something to say.

JGoldman10 wrote:

You obviously aren't a Christian. If you were you'd know what I was talking about.

https://able2know.org/reply/post-6916316

Maybe you'd like to have a word with Mr Goldman seeing as you're so positive I'm a Christian.

He's almost as deluded as you btw, but he's a lot more fun.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 02:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're rude, nasty and obnoxious.

All you do is insult and castigate.

You're not remotely interested in any form of debate, and you really don't understand what you're talking about.

You wouldn't know morality if it bit you on the arse, you're a self centred narcissist who talks out of his arse.

When I was talking about good Christians I was talking about people like the Quakers, not the bloody inquisition, that should be obvious to anyone who's not a simple minded fanatic.

Your narcissism is why you have to call me a mainstream Christian because that's how your ego works. You have no answers for the criticism given so you argue against something else. You can't accept that it's possible to see you're full of crap without being a Christian or a Muslim or anything.

Thanks for showing us the size of your mind.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 05:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
And idiots quote others inappropriately.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 03:16 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Jews see Satan and the talking serpent as god's loyal opposition and were fond enough of the serpent to make it the icon of Moses' staff as well as the icon of the Levites who were the priestly cast back then.

I took the serpent as my avatar for that reason as well as others.

Fairly recently I’ve come to a really crazy perspective about the 'avatar'/life story we are able to choose.

We don’t have to choose one, most people don’t, or just go with the flow. But if we truly want a particular one, we miraculously get it!, no matter how unlikely or impossible it seems. For a long time I was living the life i thought I could reasonably expect, because I thought what I really wanted was too outlandish or unobtainable, I was trying to settle for less than I really wanted. The unsatisfying feeling/death wish I had was due to this 'conflict'.

Long story but when I finally saw things from the proper perspective, the miraculous thing was that I had been living my real 'fantasy life' all along without realizing it. And the real mind-**** is that it has to be that way, otherwise it would not feel real.

You picked a really tough one. All the good ones are.
0 Replies