Would only an evil god blame his own creations for the taint therein -- of his poor craftsmanship?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 08:17 am
@livinglava,
You don't understand what I'm saying. You have an extremely simplistic belief system, which completely ignores Mathew 19 24, btw, and whenever anyone posts anything that challenges that belief you have a kneejerk reaction.

Most of the time I doubt you know what's being discussed. Do you even know what Gnostic Christianity is, and how it differs from standard Christianity?

Unless you know what is being discussed, and half the time you don't seem to understand the first thing, then you don't stand a chance of progressing things.
livinglava

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 09:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You don't understand what I'm saying. You have an extremely simplistic belief system, which completely ignores Mathew 19 24, btw, and whenever anyone posts anything that challenges that belief you have a kneejerk reaction.

Most of the time I doubt you know what's being discussed. Do you even know what Gnostic Christianity is, and how it differs from standard Christianity?

Unless you know what is being discussed, and half the time you don't seem to understand the first thing, then you don't stand a chance of progressing things.

It's easy to say that you understand something that someone else doesn't in order to imply superiority and thus empty status-based legitimacy.

If there is something that I don't understand that is relevant, you would just explain that in a post instead of using smoke-and-mirror talk to imply there's something when there isn't.

You have already clarified that your goal in discussions is winning. You are like a poker player claiming to have better cards but not actually wanting to show them out of fear that they're not as good as you think.

In real, mature discussion, competition and winning are not the point. People who don't hate each other just share their thoughts in hopes that someone will read and benefit from them.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 10:21 am
@livinglava,
The OP is a self styled Gnostic Christian. Their beliefs are different, as is the account of events.

If you don't understand what it is you're arguing against, you've got no chance...of anything.
livinglava

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The OP is a self styled Gnostic Christian. Their beliefs are different, as is the account of events.

If you don't understand what it is you're arguing against, you've got no chance...of anything.

Read the thread title. You don't have to have a background in anything to understand what the thread is asserting.

Nothing you say adds anything to any discussion except negativity and hurt feelings.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 10:49 am
@livinglava,
Sez you.

0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:15 am
The OP seems to want to blame God for not making people perfect, but if I read my bible right he did create them perfect. Is the OP then blaming God for giving people free will to choose what they will or will not do and for allowing them to do what they will. My minister always says that God respects our free will and would never take that away from us. Should people not have free will?
livinglava

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 05:42 pm
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

The OP seems to want to blame God for not making people perfect, but if I read my bible right he did create them perfect. Is the OP then blaming God for giving people free will to choose what they will or will not do and for allowing them to do what they will. My minister always says that God respects our free will and would never take that away from us. Should people not have free will?

Where in the Bible did you read that God made people perfect?

In Genesis, God warns Adam & Eve that if they eat fruit from the tree of knowledge, they will die. Eve then gets tricked by the serpent's line that God just doesn't want them to know good and evil because then they'll be like Him.

The old testament is basically a long story of sin begetting sin, starting with original sin. Jesus then comes along and tells people that the wages of sin are death but whoever believes in Him has eternal life. Then He dies on the cross and says "forgive them for they know not what they do," and St. Paul later tells his followers:

Quote:

Romans 5 NIV

6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
auroreII

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:03 pm
@livinglava,
The bible doesn't say God made man perfect. I guess that was just an assumption on my part that I based on God creating man and the world and declaring his creation good. Also on the fact that man was created in God's image and it didn't seem likely that he would create something like him that was imperfect. It seemed to me life was ideal until man's fall from grace when he turned away from God to follow his own desires. It is indeed an assumption on my part that we were not enemies with God from the very beginning.
Gen1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him...
Gen.1:31 And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2019 12:59 am
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

The OP seems to want to blame God for not making people perfect, but if I read my bible right he did create them perfect.

The OP is a self styled Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christianity is not like traditional Christianity and is not primarily based on what's in the Bible but other gospels written at the time.

You may have read your Bible correctly, but what is in your Bible was decided at the Council of Nicea. That was when Christianity was codified as what would become the official religion of the Roman Empire.

Lots of stuff was left out, for example the Gospel according to Thomas, while other stuff which reflected the politics of the council was put in. Luke's Gospel is full of lies and deliberately manipulated facts to shoehorn previous prophecies into the narrative.

Quote:
There are major difficulties in accepting Luke's account: the gospel links the birth of Jesus to the reign of Herod the Great, but the census took place in 6 CE, nine years after Herod's death in 4 BCE; there was no single census of the entire empire under Augustus; no Roman census required people to travel from their own homes to those of ancestors; and the census of Judea would not have affected Joseph and his family living in Galilee, there is no time in the known career of Quirinius when he could have served as governor of Syria before 6 CE, the Romans did not directly tax client kingdoms, and the hostile reaction of the Jews in 6 CE suggests direct taxation by Rome was new at the time. Conservative scholars have argued that Quirinius may have had an earlier and historically unattested term as governor of Syria, or that he previously held other senior positions which may have led him to be involved in the affairs of Judea during Herod's reign, or that the passage should be interpreted in some other fashion,. These arguments have been rejected as "exegetical acrobatics", in the words of Geza Vermes, springing from the assumption that the Bible is inerrant, and most critical scholars have concluded that Luke's account is an error.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius

So if you've read the Bible you've only read a fraction of the stuff written at the time, so give the rest a go. Try reading the Apocrypha, the Gnostic Gospels, The Dead Sea Scrolls and all the other hidden Gospels by Mary Magdalene, Judas and Philip, who unlike Matthew Mark and Luke were actually around at the same time as Jesus.

Once you know what the council of Nicea didn't want you to know as well as the stuff they did you'll have a better understanding of the OP's viewpoint.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2019 05:59 am
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

The bible doesn't say God made man perfect. I guess that was just an assumption on my part that I based on God creating man and the world and declaring his creation good. Also on the fact that man was created in God's image and it didn't seem likely that he would create something like him that was imperfect. It seemed to me life was ideal until man's fall from grace when he turned away from God to follow his own desires. It is indeed an assumption on my part that we were not enemies with God from the very beginning.
Gen1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him...
Gen.1:31 And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

You are raising an interesting theological discussion. In Genesis, distinction/discrimination is also discussed:
Quote:

Genesis 1 New International Version (NIV)
The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

It doesn't specifically say that the darkness was bad when it says He saw that the light was good, but it may be implied. Generally, there is an implication that good and evil are in conflict and competition. That doesn't mean that it's unacceptable that this conflict exists, however, since after the flood, God decides that humans are imperfect and that He won't eliminate them because of their sin anymore.

So I think the subtle issue here is how to interpret God's acceptance of sin and forgiveness thereof. Should we assume that God created humans in His image and thus deems their fundamentally-sinful nature good, or are we called to struggle against sin in an effort to become better?

Consider this quote from Romans 6:
Quote:

The Wages of Sin
14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. 15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? Absolutely not! 16Do you not know that when you offer yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one you obey, whether you are slaves to sin leading to death, or to obedience leading to righteousness?…

So there's really no question of being perfect or not; only of which master to obey, i.e. that of "sin leading to death" or "to obedience leading to righteousness."

Imo, there is a culture of pride that seeks to deem sinners as perfect by reason that they are created by a perfect God in His image. Pete Buttigieg referenced this culture when he made headlines challenging Mike Pence that if he had a problem with him, he had a problem with his creator. Lady Gaga probably expressed it best in song, however:
Quote:

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way
Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way (Born this way)
Oh there ain't no other way

Pride and vanity are sins. Perfectionism is also arguably a sin when you consider the Christian calling to confess and repent sin. How can you confess and repent if you are focused on ignoring your faults in order to focus only on your strengths?

You could say we are made perfect in a sense, because we are endowed with the capacity to discern good and bad, right and wrong, and the ability to exercise willpower to make good choices and avoid bad ones; but thinking in terms of perfection vs. imperfection brings a temptation to the sin of pride and denial of sin, which could lead people astray into opposition to confession and repentance; so I would avoid thinking in terms of perfection and instead just choose humility in generally acknowledging that humans are fundamentally sinful and thus in need of salvation and redemption.

When you acknowledge that, forgiveness and grace should abound in your heart because that is God's gift, which we become aware of once we learn the lesson of Christ.

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 10:34 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Last I heard, it was either the Romans or the Jewish leadership to blame for Jesus' death. Could be argued either way.
Just the way the book reads to me.

Who cares who did the deed as the deed was demanded and planed for by God?

God is the cause of the death of Jesus. This cannot be denied, scripturally speaking of course.

What you comment has to do with the issues of the O.P. is not clear.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 10:36 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I wish I had a god. It would be nice to have something to blame.

Not to mention a god who will feed the egos who believe that a real god would die for them.

That is stupid and egotistical beyond words.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 10:42 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
He saw it coming!

Absolutely right. So you could argue that it was suicide by cop.
OTOH, soldiers are lauded for willingly sacrificing life for country.

Context is everything.

Yes.

The context is that Jesus was chosen and did not volunteer for the job.

The context is that he as Yahweh condemned us and then could only remedy that by his own death/suicide/sacrifice.

Stupid as that is, it is the Christian dogma.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 10:45 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

Who are "they" that tell you this bullsnot? Do you worship "they" so you assume "they" always tell you the truth? Did "they" create a planet that feeds people automatically? God did that. The Earth is such a wondrous accomplishment that the angels rejoiced when it was created. There is nothing "poor" about the craftsmanship. What is poor is these random fools making up crap to blame on God.

Words in the bible are defined by the context of their first usage. The first word in the bible is "beginning". If men had written the bible they would have put God's name first: "God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning." They thought the name was important. But God puts His word above his name, so the first word had to be "beginning". No man is that smart. It took thousands of years for some man to notice it was done that way.

"They" do not offer anything comparable to that perfection. They only offer lies.

"God did that."

You are a liar unless you can prove your lie.

You are correct that there is no god comparable to the vileness of your genocidal and infanticidal moral monster of a god.

Why do you idol worship a satanic god?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 10:51 am
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

I also thought that Yahweh was the Jewish god, yet Christianity does not have Yahweh following his own law. Christians have Yahweh murdering his own son as a sacrifice that goes against most sane laws.

God didn't kill Jesus. Jesus was crucified, like many other victims of crucifixion, because ruling authorities failed to forgive and take mercy on sinners, as Jesus preached. Sin is judged through natural patterns of cause and effect. We can forgive and have mercy on each other because we are all guilty of sin and thus condemned to death. What Jesus did was bring us realization of eternal life through rebirth.

Quote:
Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

God, it seems to me, has screwed up creation and wants to blame the creation for his own
incompetence.

Thoughts?

The creation includes the possibility of sinning, but it excludes the possibility of sin failing to cause harm. I.e. you can choose to steal, but you can't prevent your act of theft from causing loss/harm to whomever you steal from.

That is simply the interaction of free will with deterministic causation. Some interactions involve free will while others involve mechanistic determination. It isn't true to say that you don't have a choice when you do, or that a falling stone has a choice whether to keep falling or stop in mid-air.

Both free will and deterministic causation occur within the creation. Free will may itself be a product of deterministic mechanisms taking place within the brain, but somehow that doesn't prevent us from having and exercising choices in certain situations.

Saying that God 'blames' us for things is a projection of human egotistical logic onto God. When an apple falls out of a tree and hits you on the head, it is not because God 'blamed' you for standing under the tree at the moment the apple fell. On the other hand, though, if you were standing under the tree because you were picking apples in an orchard planted by choice, and you made the choice to work in the orchard, and you made the choice to stand under the tree even though you knew that apples were ripening and falling regularly, etc. then you could probably extrapolate some pattern of causation that attributes blame to various moments of decision-making, AS WELL AS to the natural phenomena that helped the apple fall, such as ripening/softening of fruit, gravity, wind, etc.

All those various factors interact to cause effects, and they include human choices/actions as well as natural forces and patterns of causation. By attributing the entirety of the universe and all its causal complexities to God, you can blame God for everything and anything, but it would be like slipping and falling when you walk into a local store and then blaming the CEO of the corporation. I.e. it would be sloppy logic.

Jesus was chosen to die by Yahweh even before the Earth was created.

God had Jesus needlessly murdered.

As to mercy on sinners. How many sinners in hell will be saved according to scriptures?

0. So much for your a hole gods mercy.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 11:10 am
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

So much wrong in this one post.

I see people as evolving perfection. It is your god who punishes perfection.

Your bible destroys the notion of our free will in the many places where it has god hardening hearts and deciding who he will let believe in him and who he will deny.

Here is how a Gnostic Christian sees reality and our evolving perfection.

I doubt that you will understand the logic and reason.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 11:16 am
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

The bible indicates at the perfect creates perfect while the imperfect create the imperfect.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If a god can only create good, then he is not a perfect god.

Regards
DL
livinglava

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 09:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

livinglava wrote:

The bible indicates at the perfect creates perfect while the imperfect create the imperfect.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Regards
DL

It sounds like you regard sin as part of perfection. I would say perfection is the absence of sin, if such a state existed, which it doesn't.

This world is plagued by sin. Some people want it saved and redeemed from sin, while others just want to relish in the sin.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 12:06 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

livinglava wrote:

Regards
DL

It sounds like you regard sin as part of perfection. I would say perfection is the absence of sin, if such a state existed, which it doesn't.

This world is plagued by sin. Some people want it saved and redeemed from sin, while others just want to relish in the sin.

Sin is a part of perfection for evolving creatures like us, if you have what it takes to understand reality and evolving perfection.

It get's a bit long but give understanding this a try.

Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?
And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.
That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.
In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

This link speak to theistic evolution.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/pope-would-you-accept-evolution-and-big-bang-180953166/?no-ist

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive. Our default position is to cooperate or to do good. I offer this clip as proof of this. You will note that we default to good as it is better for survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBW5vdhr_PA

Regards
DL

livinglava

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:53 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Sin is a part of perfection for evolving creatures like us, if you have what it takes to understand reality and evolving perfection.

We are human and therefore inherently imperfect, which is why we require salvation and forgiveness. The quote you mention about being perfect like God in heaven is telling us to strive for perfection, not telling us that we are perfect already.
Quote:

We should strive to increase awareness of sin and to avoid it whenever possible, to resist temptation, etc.
Quote:

God punishing sinners is not a choice; death is the wages of sin. We reap what we have sown and what has been sown for us by previous generations of sinners. God forgives us and saves us from sin if we accept it, but sanctification is a gradual process.

Quote:
Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.
That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

That's correct. If someone gives you a gun and you shoot yourself in the foot, it's not the person's fault who gave you the gun. It's yours for not heeding the foresight you had of what the gun could do if you misused it.

It's not really a question of fault and blame, though. It's simple cause and effect. The laws of nature allow guns to be built and bullets shot. If you point the gun and your foot and pull the trigger, the bullet is going to go through your foot. If you are able to resist the temptation to shoot yourself in this way, thank God for the miracle of your sanity and foresight to avoid such a foolish act of self-destruction.

Quote:
Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

I understand your logic but it is false.

Quote:
If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Free will allows you to choose to resist temptation in many cases. There may be some instances where resistance is futile, like when you're already out in the middle of a 6-lane highway before you realize it was a bad idea to walk out in traffic, but if you can foresee the consequences of being out there in traffic before you step off the curb, you might resist the temptation and avoid the consequences.

Quote:
Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

God is the author of nature and the universe. If you don't believe in God, then you can simply understand God as a projection of authorship onto nature and the universe. Either way, you should have no problem understanding the meaning of the word, 'God,' and what it refers to. You simply have to accept the attribution of authorship to nature and the universe instead of arguing about whether or not God exists as a being, as so many atheists do.

Quote:
Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Sin is part of nature, but not everything that occurs naturally is good, hence the existence of sin.

Quote:
Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.

What if a hurricane is more violent and destructive because of all the artificial energy humans choose to use and thus release into the atmosphere?

Quote:
In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

Sin is sin, whether or not you intend it. E.g. someone may not know it is sinful to murder, but the victim will still lose their life. Cause and effect is what makes sin sin. Sinful intent is also sin, but causing harm unintentionally is also sin. Really there is very little that is not sin, which is why forgiveness and salvation are so important.

Quote:
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

Did you see the Life of Pi? It was a very sad story of survival. The fact that the people/animals in the story were killing to survive doesn't mean that they weren't sinning. They were just doing so to survive. If you sincerely believe you have to sin to survive at some point, you still have to confess, repent, and pray for forgiveness. You don't repent less by validating your sin as 'necessary for survival.'

Quote:
Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

We are supposed to confess and repent sin to God, not thank it for helping us survive.

Quote:

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

I have heard that animals are not sinning because they have no ability to be aware of choices and consequences. They simply act on instinct. We as humans can't live that way because, even if we choose to act on instinct, it is a choice and not an inevitability.

Quote:
Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive.

Even so, we should always pray to avoid sin whenever possible; and still repent for sin we have committed under the assumption that it was necessary for survival.

We always have to put effort into seeking a better path and repenting for the choices we could have done better with. You can't just write off sin to survival or anything else. We must devote all our efforts to doing right by God to honor our salvation. Doing less would be sinful, and thus forgiven, but for that forgiveness we have to truly repent and seek deliverance/reform.