Does Anyone Care if Tom Cruise is Gay?

eoe

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 09:16 am
He's trying to sell SOMETHING, that's for sure.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:16 pm
Free Katie
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:24 pm
Nope
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:48 pm
I heard Barney Frank is interested.
0 Replies

rar

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:14 pm
As long as he's a Scientologist he will never come out. He is becoming an embarassment to himself and he's going to take Katie's career with him. The question that I'd like answered is where are Katie's family and friends while she's being taken in by this cult. It amazes me that noone in Hollywood has a problem with a religion that was created by someone with the background of L. Ron Hubbard's.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 08:51 am
In Hollywood? It's not an exclusive affliction of Hollywood. As a matter of fact, the distinquished editior of Analog Science Fiction ran the editorials and articles on Dianetics in the 50's in the magazine when it was Astounding Science Fiction. The magazine was noted for serious, heavily science oriented, intelligent sci-fi. Self-analysis was nothing new and what they claim can be achieved scientifically,less expensively and far less time consuming by the use of biofeedback. The actual devices for biofeedback was invented and marketed by two close acquaintances of mine in the 70's (both gay).
0 Replies

rar

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:18 am
So are you saying that Scientology is actually a credible religion and/or way of life?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 02:17 pm
No. I thought I clear(sic)ly stated that biofeedback achieves what results Scientology with all it's self-improvement mumbo-jumbo, I might add, for a great deal less money. The only reason Scientology used Dianetics to establish itself as a religion is so they could avoid taxes and dupe people into believing it was the only way.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:47 pm
I saw Tom Cruise six times on TV today. He's saturated all media.

All Tom, all the time.

When will it end?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:51 pm
I spent a total of two hours in front of the TV. Okra (Oprah) had a rerun of his spastic couch jumping--He was on Letterman, I caught a few minutes of some Entertainment show. News had him getting squirted with water somewhere....Somewhere doing ad for his movie...

I'm being programmed to get Tom Cruise wallpaper.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:25 am
Gag! There he was again on the Today show this morning, in fact it was their lead story! Amazing!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:52 am
Lash wrote:
I saw Tom Cruise six times on TV today. He's saturated all media.

All Tom, all the time.

When will it end?

When this movie tanks, hopefully. But it's Spielberg so it probably won't tank.
0 Replies

pola

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:34 am
tom cruise is one of the actors i dont like. so i would noch care if hes gay.
i voted for "same", because i dont think that thats a reason for directors to take an actor for a film or not.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:44 am
Pretty avatar, pola.
0 Replies

pola

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:55 am
thank you Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 10:54 am
He was proselytizing for Scientology with Matt Lauer (who was putting up a pretty good fight and making Cruise visibly angry) but being negative about drugs that help those with a chemical imbalance. Now he believe there is no such thing when major biological scientist insist there is. His sources are obviously the kooks who run Scientology and he was basically recruiting. His stature (he's short enough already) has diminished in my mind to the point that I won't be bother to go to the multiplex for "War." BTW, before "MI" one, Cruise was known to be in a Twelve Step program in Hollywood. I won't say which one as to not break his anonimity. :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:13 am
He came off worse than I've ever seen a celebrity besides those few in the throes of a complete mental breakdown: Anne Heche...?

He was saying stuff like: You don't know what you're talking about. You shouldn't talk about things you don't know anything about....I have studied the origin of psychiatry and you haven't....If you knew what I knew, you'd realize the falseness of psychiatry...it's quack science..."

I didn't realize what a supreme ass he is. He really feels he is superior to the great unwashed. (When they've all actually bathed...)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:58 am
Summarily dismissing an enormous world-wide body of medical professionals as quacks is not just magnanimous, it's extraordinarily egotistical and irrational. Has Scientology saved his marriages? Would he have ever had to be in a Twelve Step program? Would he do interviews with Matt Lauer where he makes the attempt to make him look ignorant? Would he be making a public spectical of himself on talk shows? The new relationship whether it results in marriage or not will tell the tale. The quack of the duck sounds more like it's coming from Cruise and Travolta. They both want us to believe they eternally walk around grinning (well, except for the shark expression Cruise put on in the Lauer interview which reminded me of the self-help guru in "Magnolia.") Scientology is attractive to people who reject the Christian religion. There are several other religions which utilize mind-over-body techniques surprisingly similar to Dianetics. John W. Campbell was debated and actually laughed at for his jumping on the Scientoloty band wagon in the late 50's. He didn't invision to almost pyramid scheme of raking in money that is the present-day Scientology which has been scrutinized and debunked several times in the past. The government even tried to revoke their status as a religion (which it barely resembles). Unfortunately it doesn't stray all that far of the me, myself and I attitude of other religions.

Nobody with any sense would advocated giving any mood altering drugs to any individual when it wasn't needed and I do agree that too many GP's prescribe this stuff without any psychiatric profiling (I'm depressed -- okay, here's a pill). I don't think GP's should be able to hand out Xantac either, but does that mean someone I know who is using these drugs go to their local Scientology church (there's not one even near me to my knowledge) and plunk down hard-earned cash to follow their steps to being a "clear?" Clear the deck, fools walk in where angels fear to tread (or as I've paraphrased it before, "where mortals fear to tread.") This is just a disguised self-help program not that far off from out-of-vogue movements like Existentialism or Rosicrucianism (okay, both still alive but maybe not too well).

As far as the mood elevators like Prozac, take St. John's Wort and eat chocolate. Basically most people will get the same results without the doped-up, libido supplanting effects of the prescribed drugs. SAMe also works.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 11:38 am
This article made me chuckle this morning. the source is Knight-Rider

Quote:
A "Today" show celeb guest Friday had a vocal tiff with host Matt Lauer. The guest even got a little huffy. Yawn?

Heck no! The guest was Tom Cruise.

Now, he said nothing new, but to qualify as a "newspaper" and get a free tote bag at the next print convention, we are all duty bound to repeat everything T.C. does.

On the NBC show, Lauer departed from his expected function of pitching piffling softballs to Cruise, and challenged him about his Scientology-influenced criticism of Brooke Shields for using antidepressants. Lauer said he knows people who have been helped by psychotropics such as Ritalin.

Cruise went ballistic. "You don't even know what Ritalin is," said Cruise, a Nobel-winning biochemist who spends his vacations acting. He said Lauer doesn't "understand the history of psychiatry. ... I do."
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:35 pm
Katie Holmes' Hometown Reacts

Quote:
The actress's uncle, Richard Holmes, said he's not concerned about how she will hold up under the scrutiny. . . .

And about her decision to take Scientology classes, an applied religious philosophy that critics say is a cult engaged in mind control. "Let him without sin cast the first stone," uncle Richard said.
0 Replies