Does Anyone Care if Tom Cruise is Gay?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:03 pm
Does you peeps think that Elton John's career would get hurt, if he came out and said he was gay?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:05 pm
No, but if he came out and said he was straight...

Actually, EJ's career flourished, didn't it? Thanks Slappy, for reminding us of him. But then, no one believed he was straight even when he pretended that he was. Even when he married Kiki Dee (was that her name?)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:07 pm
I think he's bisexual.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:08 pm
A very gay one at that. Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:12 pm
eoe wrote:
Get real people. You'd better believe millions of people would care. He's got a huge fan base. Who knows how many Tom Cruise fan clubs there may be all over the world. I think they would care a great deal. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that many would care.

Of course, if he came out, he'd have a whole new fan base. I'd like to witness that in my lifetime, a major movie or recording star coming out of the closet. My argument has always been that their fan base would merely shift and they wouldn't lose anything. It remains to be seen but I sure would like to see that theory put to the test once and for all.

Your wish has been granted. How about these actors/actresses who came out of the closet... Ellen DeGeneres, Richard Chamberlain, Dick Sargent, Heather Matarazzo. Granted, they are not all superstars, but actors nonetheless. Do you remember Liberace, Rock Hudson and many more who I cannot remember. To me, it doesn't matter one way or another. As long as people don't try to force their lifestyle on me...live and let live.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:13 pm
Who gives a damn? Did being gay hurt Rock Hudson? or Richard Chamberlain?

I think that Cruise is past the age where it would make much of a difference to his fans.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:23 pm
I'm with eoe on this. Would have an effect on his fan base. Some would run away screaming, others might take another look.

I don't think I really care either way <have I ever seen Tom Cruise in a movie? not sure>

~~~~~~

naaa, not Kiki Dee. She sang a duet with Elton John.
Don't go breaking my heart.
His wife was Renate something or other.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:37 pm
Tom Cruise is a little oddball in the romance department. He left his devoted wife, Nicole Kidman, for Penelope Cruz and now he's courting someone new. He's a fickle philanderer.

His obsession with his pseudo-religion, request that the studio executives take a four-hour tour of Scientology facilities, and his request for a Scientology tent on a studio lot are causing more hiccups in his career than any rumor that he might be gay.

According to some sites, Tom Cruise has now banned his newly-acquired girlfriend Katie Holmes from starring in a new film documenting the life of Andy Warhol. The film features drug use which offends Scientologists.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:38 pm
Mmmm....Penelope Cruz....so hot. Want to touch the heiny.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:34 pm
Okay, Slappy, behave yourself. LOL
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:39 pm
Beg to differ, Tico. Rock Hudson never came out of the closet, neither did Liberace for that matter. Richard Chamberlain retired before his Hawaiian life surfaced, Rosie O'Donnell pretty much retired as well, Dick Sargeant disappeared until he died, about the only one that came out before retirement was/is Ellen and she's kicking butt on the talk show circuit. She truly is the only one. Now, if Oprah would just come out...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:41 pm
eoe, Oprah? I don't think so; although none of us are 100 percent certain. Wink
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:44 pm
I don't know c.i. The word is on the street in Chicago about Miss O. Has been for many years now.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:47 pm
I care more that he embraces the bizarre invention of a science fiction writer as a religion, and might be seen as a role model.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:33 pm
eoe wrote:
Beg to differ, Tico. Rock Hudson never came out of the closet, neither did Liberace for that matter. Richard Chamberlain retired before his Hawaiian life surfaced, Rosie O'Donnell pretty much retired as well, Dick Sargeant disappeared until he died, about the only one that came out before retirement was/is Ellen and she's kicking butt on the talk show circuit. She truly is the only one. Now, if Oprah would just come out...

First off...don't call me Tico! Rolling Eyes

Forgetting the rest of them...you said it when you say that Ellen is kicking butt on the talk show circuit! Then why would Tom Cruise be hurt. Is it all that important to you who "comes out" and who does not?
Ok...let us, for the sake of arguement, say that Oprah is gay and she "comes out". What is the result? How will your world be changed?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:45 pm
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:48 pm
eoe wrote:
Not one damn bit, Intrepid. And sorry about calling you Tico.

Exactly my point. Who cares!

No worries on the name. It may bother Tico more than it bothers me Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:50 pm
Maybe Tom will come out and then claim he is secretly in love with Oprah. He just can't resist her chest hair.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:50 pm
Did you edit your post?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:55 pm
Perhaps I misunderstood the question? I didn't take it as being asked if I would care personally but whether these stars coming out would matter to others, like their huge fan clubs and such and again I say that if Tom Cruise came out of the closet, there are alot of people, all over the world, who would care. Maybe not you or me or many on A2K but the world is much, much bigger than us, right.
0 Replies