Trump/Cummings: "no YOU'RE racist!"

snood

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 04:11 pm
@nimh,
See, the thing is nimh - We shouldn't judge livinglava by what he actually writes, and the points he actually tries to defend with his words, and the things he attacks with his words, because...wait for it...

Because we can't know what he is really thinking or meaning when we simply read his posts.

I mean, you can't expect to really judge someone by their words and actions - you have to see past that, to their motivations and true intentions.

I mean if we just go around judging people by their actions and words, we'd probably be thinking Donald Trump is an amoral, misogynistic, self-serving, law-abusing, vacuous, lying racist. And, (!) wait........
livinglava

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 05:42 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

livinglava wrote:
What you are doing here is basically the exact same thing as racism, except not based on race but on your negative view of me based on my posts.

Yeah, judging people on the basis of the actual views and opinions they expressed in writing is exactly the same as judging people because they happened to be born a certain colour.

When someone has something to say and you dismiss it without listening because you've already decided the person isn't worth listening, that's prejudice.

It may not be based on skin color, but it is the same power dynamic of exclusion as a way of non-physical bullying.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 05:44 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

See, the thing is nimh - We shouldn't judge livinglava by what he actually writes, and the points he actually tries to defend with his words, and the things he attacks with his words, because...wait for it...

Your job is to respond to what others say, not judge them for what they say. You knight yourself jury and punisher, but all you are is just another person with a POV to speak about.

Quote:
Because we can't know what he is really thinking or meaning when we simply read his posts.

I mean, you can't expect to really judge someone by their words and actions - you have to see past that, to their motivations and true intentions.

I mean if we just go around judging people by their actions and words, we'd probably be thinking Donald Trump is an amoral, misogynistic, self-serving, law-abusing, vacuous, lying racist. And, (!) wait........

Just stick to expressing your thoughts and views. You have no right to judge anyone.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 06:59 pm
@livinglava,
How do you know what our job is?

It seems you've judged the people responding rather harshly.

I want an apology from you. It was insensitive to claim you know what our job is.

livinglava

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 07:53 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

How do you know what our job is?

It seems you've judged the people responding rather harshly.

I want an apology from you. It was insensitive to claim you know what our job is.

I'm sorry if you are being sincere that you felt hurt by it.

I don't think you're actually being sincere, though. I think you are playing word games to manipulate me by turning things I said back on me.

I could have said it is 'our' job, and included myself, because none of us, including me should be trying to judge and punish people for their POVs.

It is OUR job to respect different POVs and just explain why we think they are wrong and why we are right; not try to punish people with ridicule or whatever.

Do you think it's unfair of me to say we shouldn't judge and ridicule people? What is so hard about just explaining your POV instead of trying to bring people down because you hate what they stand for?

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 08:07 pm
@livinglava,
I've explained my POV, You ridiculed me. And you should apologize.
livinglava

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 08:53 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I've explained my POV, You ridiculed me. And you should apologize.

I'm sorry if it felt hurtful. From my perspective, you are mean and aggressive, so I just felt I was standing up for myself.

I'm also sorry if my difficulty respecting your opinion/POV is due to some lack of insight I have. I know this sounds double-edged or back-handed, but there is the possibility that there is something in your POV that I can't understand and that's why it seems biased and wrongheaded to me.

If we can't grasp each others' POVs, and we hurt each others' feelings, maybe better to avoid one another. I doubt this apology is going to make you trust or respect me any more, and I'm not actually convinced you are sincere and not just manipulating me by asking for an apology because I demanded one from Sturgis when he was being a jerk.

I know some of you are part of a long Ask2Know clique that's gotten to know each other for a long time, and I distrust your loyalties for that reason. I am not looking to join any clubs and I dislike people who do instead of acting independently as individuals.

Regardless of the ways in which we agree or disagree, though, I am sorry for any hurt you might have felt because of something I said. I know I don't like it when I feel hurt by things said to me, and I know I'm supposed to treat others as I want to be treated. Unfortunately, this is the internet and people lie and manipulate all the time. It is hard to be decent in the midst of savagery.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 09:12 pm
@livinglava,
From my prospective you are haughty and intolerant, dismissive of any other point of view than what you show on your posts. Instead of leading a discussion, you set a tone as combative, daring others to disagree. Then you take an offensive posture to show how you meant no harm when others voice their opposition.

To me, there's only how your threads act as a catalyst to your personality. Learned, inflexible and non-caring. Whatever "clique" you think you, or I, belong to, I can assure you it is appropriate to say I have loyalties other than A2K.

Distrust is something you brought up as if your life depended on an anonymous forum poster. As if we're in some type of war zone or something. Granted, sparring with words is much safer than weapons, but I'd venture to say you've not actually had to face that situation as I have.

Lighten up Francis.

Your life isn't going to end because someone disagrees with you.

livinglava

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 09:22 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

From my prospective you are haughty and intolerant, dismissive of any other point of view than what you show on your posts. Instead of leading a discussion, you set a tone as combative, daring others to disagree. Then you take an offensive posture to show how you meant no harm when others voice their opposition.

To me, there's only how your threads act as a catalyst to your personality. Learned, inflexible and non-caring. Whatever "clique" you think you, or I, belong to, I can assure you it is appropriate to say I have loyalties other than A2K.

Distrust is something you brought up as if your life depended on an anonymous forum poster. As if we're in some type of war zone or something. Granted, sparring with words is much safer than weapons, but I'd venture to say you've not actually had to face that situation as I have.

Lighten up Francis.

Your life isn't going to end because someone disagrees with you.

No it's not, and I don't mind you saying that you find me haughty, etc. because you are just stating your honest opinion. The reason I demanded an apology from Sturgis is because he called me a 'void' and said he was going to spread the word about me, like he was trying to rally some kind of angry mob to harass me. It's ironic that someone would make reference to mob tactics reminiscent of racist lynch mobs in a thread meant to discuss racism. It's also ironic that I posted this thread to invite a thoughtful and respectful discussion about racism from different POVs and several posts responded by attacking and insulting me and accusing me of racism. I wish I could figure out whether these people who attack me like this think they are somehow exacting retribution justice against racists for racism, or if they just like hate and ridicule as tactics and if they can't use them against people on the basis of race, they'll do use racism instead; as long as they get to hate and ridicule and thus act superior and degrade others.

[/quote]
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 09:30 pm
@livinglava,
Maybe you should think of this thread as a learning experience, as what you think you were doing didn't achieve the results you were after. This thread isn't a respectful insight into a social conversation about racism.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 01:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Trump is particularly awful.

You can't everyone is alike... that just isn't true. Anyone with any social grace knows that you don't tell Americans to "go back to their country" just because their descendants are from Africa or Latin America rather than Europe.

By the way, if your belief in God is sincere (and I have no reason to doubt that it is) you should be very careful using the Bible to justify Trump's actions. Read Matthew 25.... being a believer does not mean you won't face judgement.

Jesus defined right and wrong. And what Trump is doing, particularly in terms of immigrants, is the exact opposite of the message of Christ.

First of all, what Trump actually said is that people who hate America should leave for a while and look at the alternative. That just seems like common sense.

As for what Trump is doing "in terms of immigrants," he isn't doing anything much. He is doing something in terms of illegal immigrants.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 07:59 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Maybe you should think of this thread as a learning experience, as what you think you were doing didn't achieve the results you were after. This thread isn't a respectful insight into a social conversation about racism.

You can lead horses to water, but you can't make them drink.
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 08:05 am
@livinglava,
People aren't horses though.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 08:07 am
@neptuneblue,
They're not, but even horses don't drink from stagnant pools, just like intelligent people aren't going to swallow the OP's bullshit.
livinglava

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 03:52 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

They're not, but even horses don't drink from stagnant pools, just like intelligent people aren't going to swallow the OP's bullshit.

Discussing what Trump and Cummings meant when they called each other racist is 'stagnant BS?'

Do you even think about the thread topic before posting hate against me, or do you just come to threads I post to express your prejudices against me?
livinglava

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 03:53 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

People aren't horses though.

That's irrelevant to the meaning of the expression.
roger

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 06:00 pm
@livinglava,
You can also lead a horticulture. . . .
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 06:12 pm
@livinglava,
Maybe for you, but I refuse to think of humans as cattle or chattel. Evolving from those ideals require a little bit more sophistication from what you portray.

Step up or step out. Your choice.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 11:16 pm
@roger,
Rimshot!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 12:08 am
@livinglava,
These aren't prejudices, you weren't pre judged, these are honest opinions based on the fascist drivel you post.

And I'm not surprised the analogy shot right over your head, fascism never appealed to the smartest of people.