Trump/Cummings: "no YOU'RE racist!"

Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 04:06 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
The shoe fits, you should wear it.

Laughable. Thank you for proving my point.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 05:46 pm
@Baldimo,
This comment went over your head as usual.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 02:22 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

That isn't judgement. Your posting history here at a2k shows your leanings. Try owning it.

First of all, you assume that you can use someone's posts to define them when, in reality, you have no idea why they post what they post. I might be posting some things just to see what people say in response.

Second, what you're describing is the essence of prejudice: not interacting with someone based on the current situation but on information from their past.

Granted it's not always bad to do this, but it does result in discriminatory treatment of the person you're dealing with.

Finally, there is freedom of speech, religion, politics, etc. You aren't supposed to be prejudiced against people because of their political stances. In democracy, we are supposed to respect political differences and reserve judgment for more serious offenses, such as crime.

Having an unpopular political opinion isn't a crime.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 02:26 pm
@livinglava,
Bite me Bootsie!

I've read enough of your malarkey to have formed a very real view of who and what you are and what you're about.

So (not particularly) sorry if getting the word out worries you.
livinglava

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 02:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Bite me Bootsie!

I've read enough of your malarkey to have formed a very real view of who and what you are and what you're about.

So (not particularly) sorry if getting the word out worries you.

What you are doing here is basically the exact same thing as racism, except not based on race but on your negative view of me based on my posts.

I avoid some people because it gets to me, but I can't imagine trying "get the word out" about someone else in order to turn people against them. That's hate conspiracy.

How dare you even consider participating in such hate culture, whether based on someone's race or something else you dislike about them?
Sturgis

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 02:34 pm
@livinglava,
Say goodbye now...

No reason for me to talk to a void.
livinglava

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 03:01 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Say goodbye now...

No reason for me to talk to a void.

Apologize.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 03:03 pm
@livinglava,
Leftists don't apologize, they feel justified in their beliefs because you are below them. Remember disagreement is the same as hate speech. Agree with them or be insulted and ignored. You have others on this page who throw around insults like there is no tomorrow, yet insult them and the whole world is going to end.
livinglava

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 03:06 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Leftists don't apologize, they feel justified in their beliefs because you are below them. Remember disagreement is the same as hate speech. Agree with them or be insulted and ignored. You have others on this page who throw around insults like there is no tomorrow, yet insult them and the whole world is going to end.

He said hurtful things. It's not ok. He should apologize.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 03:13 pm
@livinglava,
What I'm trying to tell you is don't hold your breath, you will die if you wait for one.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 03:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Sturgis is no "leftist," as far as I'm aware he was a Republican until Trump came along and turned the Republican party into the Fascist party.
livinglava

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 03:45 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

What I'm trying to tell you is don't hold your breath, you will die if you wait for one.

I'm not 'holding my breath.' I just said he should apologize because what he said was mean, and if he can't do the right thing, that's on him.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2019 03:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Not so much a Republican as such, just leaned over towards their side a few times. Only time I did so in Presidential elections was 2000 and 2004 for George W. Bush. Never cast a vote for a Republican governor or mayor. Did however for other political positions.
(to a degree i voted Republican in the 1980 election by voting for John Anderson over Carter and Reagan. Anderson was a Republican congressman who ran as an Independent)

First registered as a Conservative, three years later I re-registered; but, as a Democrat. (Conservatives weren't this insane back then, but still a bit much for me)

For human rights I lean left. I want better and real gun control...on a national level, not this idiotic and rather useless state by state. (The Gilroy shooting this past Sunday is an example)
Somewhat further right fiscally. Not sure what the current administration is, get a feeling they have no idea either.

I'm the old school sort, somewhere in the middle.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2019 07:56 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
If you are as passionate about your beliefs/politics as you seem to be, I would think you would jump at the opportunity to speak truth to someone you consider desperately in need of enlightenment.

There is no need to try to "enlighten" you. You have already laid out your case, judged both Trump and Cummings and sought to seek validation for your beliefs. It is farcical to anyone, everyone, that you deem Trump not a racist as you condemn Cummings.

Your truth is your truth. A discussion about racism doesn't hold facts at bay while pointing at innuendo to describe two very drastically different men. And for your exertion to not caring either way, is really, really comical. Of course you care. It's not that a discussion about racism is new, or exciting. It's been around for centuries. The only thing that's new is your willingness to talk about your endless threads and uninvited opinion.
livinglava

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 10:42 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

There is no need to try to "enlighten" you. You have already laid out your case, judged both Trump and Cummings and sought to seek validation for your beliefs.

This is a skewed analysis, and irrelevant even if it wasn't.

Quote:
It is farcical to anyone, everyone, that you deem Trump not a racist as you condemn Cummings.

You're not saying anything about racism. No one in this thread has unpacked what either Trump or Cummings meant by calling the other racist. I actually don't think anyone even knows. They just have whatever assumptions/prejudices are in their minds, and they go with that.

Quote:
Your truth is your truth. A discussion about racism doesn't hold facts at bay while pointing at innuendo to describe two very drastically different men. And for your exertion to not caring either way, is really, really comical. Of course you care. It's not that a discussion about racism is new, or exciting. It's been around for centuries. The only thing that's new is your willingness to talk about your endless threads and uninvited opinion.

What does it matter how different or similar the two men are? The bottom line is no one here has anything to say about the specifics of racism that are in question, yet for some reason you are still posting in the thread.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I'm the old school sort, somewhere in the middle.

Aren't we all, although where the middle lies depends on the individual. Over here UHC is fairly central, the only party that has spoken against it is the far right UKIP currently in meltdown.

All the main parties support the NHS including the Conservatives, yet in America support for UHC is seen as left wing.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:57 pm
@izzythepush,
I want the universal health care to make it through, I just don't know how this will happen unless there's another magical moment similar to when 'Obamacare ' (Affordable Health Care Act) got through a few years ago. Too many in the Houses are more concerned with how cost might lead to them being removed from their seat. All this leads to infernal stalling on too many things.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 01:10 pm
@Sturgis,
We had a huge push in 1945, people were scared things would go back to the way they were, like they did after WW1. That's why Labour got a landslide and the mandate to make sweeping reforms across the board, not just health, but housing, welfare, education, all got a huge boost.

When the Conservatives got back in, after only five years, the NHS was entrenched, there was no going back.

From this side of the pond we just assumed the same thing would happen with Obamacare. It's strange to see people protesting against it, especially those who look like they really bloody need it.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
The continuing lowering of both education and intelligence here in the US has been a big part of the problem.
That, combined with current technology which spits out memes and sound bites has people believing they are going to be ruined if they have healthcare. (for unknown reasons, they fail to realize that not having is much more expensive)

(NYC schools allow a 60% grade as passing. Reading and mathematics levels are even worse...and that's throughout the state!)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2019 03:48 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
What you are doing here is basically the exact same thing as racism, except not based on race but on your negative view of me based on my posts.

Yeah, judging people on the basis of the actual views and opinions they expressed in writing is exactly the same as judging people because they happened to be born a certain colour.